J. K. Rowling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: EW, I think she's an entitled little asshole for coming out against JK buuuut I really don't blame her for not going public with her sexual assault story/allegations. Everyone has the right to talk about it or not talk about it if that's their thing.

Reactions: 9
Well, good for her! The details matter. Sick of people, especially journalists (!), misconstruing her actual argument to support theirs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Who forced them to do that?
JKR’s legal team I’d imagine. Good for her. They compared her to nazi supporters and people who celebrate sexual violence. I mean wtf, hardly the unbiased publication they claim to be.

I hope the charity JKR chooses for them to donate to is one like Standing for Women or LGB Alliance. That would royally piss them off.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Who forced them to do that?
I'd love to think they re-read the utter bollocks they wrote about her and decided to own up and admit they totally messed up but in reality I'd guess they were told to apologise or talk about it in court. Well done JKR.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Posie Parker interview
There are so many interesting facts in this:

Like the interviewer talking about how in private Women are vehmently angry about being called cis!
and the idea that the majority of middle aged transitioners are male to female. And virtually no middle aged, women to men. Which is an interesting statistic.
And the idea of the thin end of the wedge, if we call f to male transitioners a different pronoun, then its much harder to stop transitioned females from participating in female sports as a woman....despite their physical differences..., and it also is harder to define sex crimes...if a transitioned female rapes a woman, , then it is put down as a female against female crime!! Astonishing!!

How did we end up here?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I always thought I was a trans ally but the last few years have left me frequently disturbed, distressed and confused.

I wonder how we ended up here too. Where is the massive surge of power behind this movement coming from and why?

Reactions: 18
I always thought I was a trans ally but the last few years have left me frequently disturbed, distressed and confused.

I wonder how we ended up here too. Where is the massive surge of power behind this movement coming from and why?
I don't know but it is disturbing, and there are some who seem to actively hate women whilst wanting to be one.🙄

I think most women are sympathetic to someone who genuinely wants to transition and is prepared to have surgery and go the whole distance (like Kelly Malone). But many women are worried about this idea that a man can identify as female (and still have his tackle) whilst accessing female only spaces as there are a few who don't appear to be genuine.

I must admit I find some trans women have very odd ideas about what it actually means to be a woman. A lot seem to be obsessed with looks (hair, clothes, sexy underwear, heels, makeup etc) when a great number of women couldn't care less about these things and don't define their femininity by outward appearances.

• Heart
I must admit I find some trans women have very odd ideas about what it actually means to be a woman. A lot seem to be obsessed with looks (hair, clothes, sexy underwear, heels, makeup etc) when a great number of women couldn't care less about these things and don't define their femininity by outward appearances.
Yes, there's a definite look. I mean, most women I know wear jeans most of the time outside work, maybe a casual dress, flat shoes etc. Transwomen do full-on femme cosplay. If you honestly believe you are a woman, why is it pretty much always an outdated stereotype of a woman?

(I mean, maybe there really are transwomen out there wearing burqas, etc.)

Reactions: 18
I think most women are sympathetic to someone who genuinely wants to transition and is prepared to have surgery and go the whole distance (like Kelly Malone). But many women are worried about this idea that a man can identify as female (and still have his tackle) whilst accessing female only spaces as there are a few who don't appear to be genuine.
Kelly Maloney can have all the surgery she likes but she's still a wife-beater to me. Vile person.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I don't know but it is disturbing, and there are some who seem to actively hate women whilst wanting to be one.🙄

Completely agree, especially regarding the last bit, which is why I don’t believe you can self identify as a different sex.

We have to deal with so many things that are far more important than our outer appearance and people coming along and saying they are now females completley belittles our everyday lives.

I bet if they actually had to deal with our real struggles they wouldn’t be so quick to want to change identities.

Reactions: 12
Completely agree, especially regarding the last bit, which is why I don’t believe you can self identify as a different sex.

We have to deal with so many things that are far more important than our outer appearance and people coming along and saying they are now females completley belittles our everyday lives.

I bet if they actually had to deal with our real struggles they wouldn’t be so quick to want to change identities.
Very true. Are they really concerned about such issues as women losing their jobs due to having children or finding that Male colleagues are likely to be promoted over them and paid more for doing the same jobs? My guess is that they don't give a monkey's about those issues.
Many only seem to want to dress up like some old fashioned idea that women have to look ultra feminine like a throwback to the 1950s.😁

Kelly Maloney can have all the surgery she likes but she's still a wife-beater to me. Vile person.
Didn't know that about Kelly 😦

Reactions: 9
Yep @Scotch Mist - also used to source prostitutes for high rollers at events in the days when still Frank the boxing promoter.

I don't believe womanhood to be a homogeneous condition but I feel like being a violent pimp is a predominantly male pasttime, tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
One of the things that upsets me the most is I am supposed to blindly accept and welcome with open arms being called "cis" but if you dare suggest to say anything other than what the trans lobby want you to say you are phobic and vile.

How does that work?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.