J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Course not, just her mealy mouthed tweet about 'trans people are who they say they are' and encouraging people to donate to Mermaids
For someone who has built her personal brand on being a champion of women, it’s pretty tit of her to not condemn the hatred directed at JK.

Reactions: 19
I'll put my hands in the air and admit I had to look up what JK said and to be honest anyone who took offence is either over sensitive or just a dumb schmuck following the crowd...I lean toward the later.

Reactions: 29
There's many people that didn't even read her essay but are just repeating the crap they heard on social media about her being a transphobe. I have asked many, many anti JK Rowling people for *specific quotes* on what she has said that's transphobic but no one can ever answer- they'll go off on one about how trans people face more violence than anyone else and JK Rowling is contributing to that but no one can ever give a specific example of anything bad she has said

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It’s great that he’s said that, but why nearly a year later? Doesn’t seem to be much if any back lash towards him for it.

Reactions: 8
It’s great that he’s said that, but why nearly a year later? Doesn’t seem to be much if any back lash towards him for it.
Agreed, though possibly some celebs don’t really follow/log into social media much so they miss some stuff in realtime.
But yes, JKR could have done with some helpful voices last year.

Reactions: 6
No of course not 😡 but at least she has done us all a favour and given up acting mow 😉
Thank goodness, because I watched The Circle with her and Tom Hanks in it and she was so wooden. She would not have got the Beauty and the Beast gig, or her many millions of pounds without JKR’s books, the least she could have done is take a middle stance and say she believed TWAW but condemn the specific witchhunt against JKR - I could ALMOST respect that but no, she just said TWAW and left the angry mobs to vilify JKR. With her social influence Emma could have done her bit to help calm the furore a bit. To think I used to want to be her when growing up! :D

Reactions: 18
What also really upset me about fauxmenist Emma was that she showed not a shred of empathy for JK Rowling when JK opened up about her domestic abuse story.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So not being content with maligning JK once this ginger tosser thinks that he should pop up again.
Of course he makes no reference to why he thinks she's transphobic or to anything she actually said. Its just to make sure all the wokerati know he's on the 'correct' side 🙄

• Angry
  • Sick
So not being content with maligning JK once this ginger tosser thinks that he should pop up again.
Of course he makes no reference to why he thinks she's transphobic or to anything she actually said. Its just to make sure all the wokerati know he's on the 'correct' side 🙄
That rat-faced looking ginger prick is trying to save his arse in the hope that Jo Rowling might consider him for work in her latest enterprise. I’m sure she won’t though.

• Haha
That rat-faced looking ginger prick is trying to save his arse in the hope that Jo Rowling might consider him for work in her latest enterprise. I’m sure she won’t though.
Another one who owes his career to JKR. He can't act either, he just looked the part at the time.

I hate the misogyny with this industry. Actors have stood by / turned a blind eye to big hollywood producers or actors who abused women and children yet they bring pitch forks and bile for a woman just because she said don't forget womens' requirements for sex based protection and sex based language...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Another one who owes his career to JKR. He can't act either, he just looked the part at the time.

I hate the misogyny with this industry. Actors have stood by / turned a blind eye to big hollywood producers or actors who abused women and children yet they bring pitch forks and bile for a woman just because she said don't forget womens' requirements for sex based protection and sex based language...
It because of JK Rowling, that he has a platform to express his opinions.

Reactions: 14
He’s obviously not getting much publicity at the moment. Probably because he’s a tit actor and certainly can’t get by on his looks. He’s washed up

Reactions: 8
Without JK Rowling all three would have been lucky to get a role as an extra on Corrie.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.