IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! Not been much to report recently BUT… me and my hubs finally start IVF on 21st Feb 😭🤞🏼 I’m so excited and nervous I don’t know what to expect 🙈
I've just finished my first course with embryo transfer on Monday and now in the dreaded waiting period to see if its worked. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! (I've even got used to tablets up the bum which horrified me at first) :LOL: Good luck! X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi I posted a month or so back saying the clinic had booked me in for tests followed by a consultation and then my husbands sperm test for a month after. Well he has had his test now and it came back not the best, showing we would need ICSI. The clinic are asking for a further £225 for a follow up consultation to discuss both of our results together! Obviously we said no and are going elsewhere. No wonder they were dismissing me when I was saying surely my husbands results need to be included for the consultation in the first place!

Reactions: 1
I’ve been trying for two months now to get to a consultation with a local fertility clinic, and it’s like wading through quicksand! Lots of abruptly ending phone calls, no responses to emails, finally set up with an online portal registration but still no bloods or samples booked, and I have no idea who to speak to about it. The clinic has such great reviews but this process has been awful so far! Does anyone have recommendations for a clinic in the north west that doesn’t mess you around please?

I’ve been trying for two months now to get to a consultation with a local fertility clinic, and it’s like wading through quicksand! Lots of abruptly ending phone calls, no responses to emails, finally set up with an online portal registration but still no bloods or samples booked, and I have no idea who to speak to about it. The clinic has such great reviews but this process has been awful so far! Does anyone have recommendations for a clinic in the north west that doesn’t mess you around please?
I'm using Hewitt Fertility Centre and they've been brilliant, I'd recommend them!

We've just had our first consultation with our fertility clinic to move from IUI to IVF with ICSI. Feeling a bit daunted about it all but they've given us a 51% chance of success so I know it'll be worth it in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm using Hewitt Fertility Centre and they've been brilliant, I'd recommend them!
Ah thank you, they have a clinic near to me but the reviews weren’t great on Google and it scared me, Care Fertility have been weirdly hard to deal with so far, like they actively don’t want the business

I've just finished my first course with embryo transfer on Monday and now in the dreaded waiting period to see if its worked. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! (I've even got used to tablets up the bum which horrified me at first) :LOL: Good luck! X
Good luck babe.

Just wanted to post on here to say I’m two weeks away from giving birth - which was the result of our 4th transfer.

First one worked but then led to MMC. 2nd and 3rd didn’t work. 4th is now almost a full term baby.

We didn’t do embryo testing, and all of our embryos were average grade. I’m 39 and we had to do IVf due to my husband having had chemo in 2020 (plus my age and having PCOS). We have a previous child that we had before my husband’s cancer, that we conceived through normal conception using clomid (due to my PCOS).

So many times I felt like IVF won’t work - but I’m glad I stuck at it. I found the final cycle different as I decided to approach it differently - I took the entire 2WW off work as sick leave, and just sat and relaxed the whole time. I meditated and wrote manifestation lists in the lead up to get my head in the right space. I did fertility acupuncture at the Kite clinic for about 6 months too.

Hoping everybody ends up with some very happy news. It’s a painful and gruelling journey, but from what I’ve seen most people I know who’ve been through it do end up with a child in the end. Whether that’s via egg donor or from their own egg, it can and will happen hopefully. I also have friends who have adopted a baby and are living on Cloud 9 right now.

Good luck to everybody x

Reactions: 4
We used Create. They are based in Wilmslow but have a satellite clinic you can use for scans/bloods etc. in Liverpool. We went with them as I was keen to try mild IVF and it was successful first round for us. Good luck x

I wouldn’t go by reading reviews especially if somewhere has otherwise been recommended, people are more likely to leave negative feedback than positive

Reactions: 3
We've just had our first consultation with our fertility clinic to move from IUI to IVF with ICSI. Feeling a bit daunted about it all but they've given us a 51% chance of success so I know it'll be worth it in the end.
Me and my husband have just started our first found of IVF with ICSI, I will report back and let you know how bad/good it is haha! Have just finished the 10 days of norethisterone with monitoring scan on Tuesday

• Heart
Hi everyone!

I’m just after some advice as I am stressing myself out! My husband paid to do a semen analysis in October of last year, and results showed low count, low motility, and low forms. My blood tests have all come back as normal.

I have my first gynae appointment next week, and my husband has an ultrasound, and a second SA booked. Based on the results I’ve listed, I’m assuming IUI wouldn’t be an option? And it would be straight to IVF? Feeling so overwhelmed and confused - any help is hugely appreciated 😫

Hi everyone!

I’m just after some advice as I am stressing myself out! My husband paid to do a semen analysis in October of last year, and results showed low count, low motility, and low forms. My blood tests have all come back as normal.

I have my first gynae appointment next week, and my husband has an ultrasound, and a second SA booked. Based on the results I’ve listed, I’m assuming IUI wouldn’t be an option? And it would be straight to IVF? Feeling so overwhelmed and confused - any help is hugely appreciated 😫
I was told whenever it’s a problem with the sperm it’s usually ICSI you need x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My husband has low morphology and we've gone straight to ICSI, have my first monitoring scan this afternoon with the possibility of starting the injections tomorrow!

Lining is good, I’ve got 6-7 follicles they can count already and we’re starting injections tomorrow with next monitoring scan next Friday (15th) it’s feeling very real now 😳

• Heart
I've been on Clomid for a few months but stopping now to have a private couple's fertility consultation next week, waiting for AMH and sperm analysis results and I've got an advanced pelvic ultrasound. Hoping for some answers/options soon🤞🏻

• Heart
I've been on Clomid for a few months but stopping now to have a private couple's fertility consultation next week, waiting for AMH and sperm analysis results and I've got an advanced pelvic ultrasound. Hoping for some answers/options soon🤞🏻
good luck. My son was conceived via Clomid, it took 5 consecutive months. Hopenyour further investigations help! X

Hello hello 🥰 hope everyone is ok.

Im going to start looking into going privately, atleast for initial tests, who knows how long the NHS wait is, I’ve already been waiting a year and I’m getting frustrated.😣

Just wanted to know if there any clinic horror stories? I was looking at one called London women’s clinic but it would be based in Cardiff. I’ve also heard of create which they have in Cardiff, but I think for some tests I’d have to go to Bristol which would be annoying.

I just want a fertility MOT really, with scans etc to see what’s going on in there.