IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can always count on Mother Nature to strike when you least expect!
Haven’t had a period since February, 3 days before I was due to start medication to induce a bleed, Aunt Flo decides to show! 😒
Unfortunately there wasn’t enough time to arrange the injections with the clinic as it was all planned for Thursday this coming week. So gutted this has delayed it.
But positive mindset from now.. My hubby said this is my body saying “I can do this” 💪🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey! Sorry if this is really random but I wanted to ask your advice. My husband and I (both 31) have been trying for a baby for four years and so far it’s been hopeless, I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and the whole journey so far has been really difficult and I have spiralled into a very negative space. A few weeks ago I found out that my childhood best friend is pregnant and it caused me to feel really low, and I was basically inconsolable for a few days (I feel so silly writing this and making someone else’s exciting news about me). Anyway at the time we met up with some friends, and because I had obviously been crying a bit, had to fess up how I was feeling and the infertility etc. These friends are coming to visit this weekend and messaged us this evening saying ‘can’t wait to see you, also good news baby x coming in December’. I genuinely just feel like I can’t cope with them coming and am spiralling again, but I don’t know what I can do and my husband just doesn’t really get it. He obviously doesn’t want to lose a friend and I know the right thing is to rally and to go off and have a cry on my own if I need it. I just don’t know what to do because I feel like I can’t face a weekend of celebrating them (which sounds so selfish and I feel horrible for saying it because they are lovely people and deserve happiness). Just needed a rant! I kind of wish they’d just have the grace to bow out and blame morning sickness but maybe that’s me being horrible.

Hey! Sorry if this is really random but I wanted to ask your advice. My husband and I (both 31) have been trying for a baby for four years and so far it’s been hopeless, I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and the whole journey so far has been really difficult and I have spiralled into a very negative space. A few weeks ago I found out that my childhood best friend is pregnant and it caused me to feel really low, and I was basically inconsolable for a few days (I feel so silly writing this and making someone else’s exciting news about me). Anyway at the time we met up with some friends, and because I had obviously been crying a bit, had to fess up how I was feeling and the infertility etc. These friends are coming to visit this weekend and messaged us this evening saying ‘can’t wait to see you, also good news baby x coming in December’. I genuinely just feel like I can’t cope with them coming and am spiralling again, but I don’t know what I can do and my husband just doesn’t really get it. He obviously doesn’t want to lose a friend and I know the right thing is to rally and to go off and have a cry on my own if I need it. I just don’t know what to do because I feel like I can’t face a weekend of celebrating them (which sounds so selfish and I feel horrible for saying it because they are lovely people and deserve happiness). Just needed a rant! I kind of wish they’d just have the grace to bow out and blame morning sickness but maybe that’s me being horrible.
Totally understandable, every announcement is like a kick in the gut isn't it and I don't think feel it as personally as we do. If you feel it will be too hard cancel them coming, you have to look after yourself cos lets face it no one else will. I've been at this 4 years as well, I've 5 friends on maternity leave at the moment, when i meet up with them I cry the night before and I come home and cry after. I just have to remind myself that hopefully we will have good news of our own one day and I know they will be really happy for us

Can always count on Mother Nature to strike when you least expect!
Haven’t had a period since February, 3 days before I was due to start medication to induce a bleed, Aunt Flo decides to show! 😒
Unfortunately there wasn’t enough time to arrange the injections with the clinic as it was all planned for Thursday this coming week. So gutted this has delayed it.
But positive mindset from now.. My hubby said this is my body saying “I can do this” 💪🏽
Quoting myself to give a further update!

After the delights of AF arriving unexpectedly, I’ve now got the go ahead to start medication to induce a bleed this weekend. So the plan is to start the ivf injections between 14th-18th June 🤞🏼

Finally getting there, but now I just have to deal with hubby’s last minute deployment on the 10th June. I’m not quite sure where I’m really going with this post... kind of want to rant, kind of want to cry but I’m really not sure how I’m going to cope with this whole ivf process on my own. Luckily we have his sperm frozen so there is no delays there. The thought of injecting myself scares the hell out of me, but the thought of all the emotional and hormonal changes freaks me out too, as well as trying not to stress about him being away and potentially with no contact. I am also sooo gutted about him missing the egg retrieval/transfer/2 week wait etc. We’ve waited so long I don’t want to stop the process, but the thought of him not being here is horrible 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1

After the delights of AF arriving unexpectedly, I’ve now got the go ahead to start medication to induce a bleed this weekend. So the plan is to start the ivf injections between 14th-18th June 🤞🏼

Finally getting there, but now I just have to deal with hubby’s last minute deployment on the 10th June. I’m not quite sure where I’m really going with this post... kind of want to rant, kind of want to cry but I’m really not sure how I’m going to cope with this whole ivf process on my own. Luckily we have his sperm frozen so there is no delays there. The thought of injecting myself scares the hell out of me, but the thought of all the emotional and hormonal changes freaks me out too, as well as trying not to stress about him being away and potentially with no contact. I am also sooo gutted about him missing the egg retrieval/transfer/2 week wait etc. We’ve waited so long I don’t want to stop the process, but the thought of him not being here is horrible 😭
Have you someone else to rely on for the egg retrieval? I was sedated for mine so couldnt drive after and I had OHSS so was quite sore for a while after. I had a seperate consultation after actually and interestingly she said that if the clinic is doing a good job monitoring your egg development you should not get OHSS so just in case they say you could be at risk for that, that's them making you ill by giving you too many hormones and they should be adjusting the medication down if it happens.

Best of luck with it, really hope it works out for you xx

• Heart

Sending you so much love and the best of luck! My hubby was deployed too and it's daunting but I promise you'll be fine! The injecting is fine - I found the additional one a bit 'itchy' but icing my tummy before hand worked / eased it...

I would agree with Jennyfromtheblock - do you have someone else who could come with you for egg retrieval? My family are miles away from me but luckily have a family friend near the hospital so she took me and and I stayed with her the day after.

Post retrieval I was super constipated and uncomfortable but drank loads of water and took lactulose and it helped - along with gentle walking.

Best of luck, we are all here for you xxx

Thank you @Jennynotfromtheblock and @Bowsider2010 for your kind words 🥰

My parents aren’t local (the joys of military postings) but my dad has offered to do the driving for the egg retrieval and to stay with me if needed, which I’m very grateful for! He did say though he hopes he doesn’t get mistaken for my partner in the clinic 😂

I will definitely take note of the icing the tummy, the clinic we’re with have arranged lots of scans and blood tests during the injections to constantly monitor me, to ensure I’m not under or overstimulated which is a calming thought.

I’m going to try and remain as positive as possible and as stress free as possible! ✨

• Heart
I've just had a follow up call regarding our failed IVF cycle and what steps to take with our frozen embryo. They've said they're happy for us to go ahead on my next cycle but the reason it failed could have been due to my weight and they'd suggest I try to lose some weight. The BMI they want me to aim for would mean losing at least 16lb but I mentally struggle with dieting. I don't know whether to go ahead on my next cycle, but then if it doesn't work would I blame myself more than I already do with this one?

@MagpieTree I'd really question if your weight is the issue - did they do a blood work up, check all your vitamin & mineral levels. Check progesterone levels before and after transfer? It could have failed due to chromosomal issues with the embryo, did your partner have DNA fragmentation levels checked before IVF? Makes me so angry when clinics try to blame BMI straight off the bat when there are so many other factors to consider.

Hello all!
Just thought I’d pop back and give an update, I started my injections yesterday! Was much easier than I thought it was going to be doing it on my own, I had a proper meltdown before I did it. Getting myself all worked up and then after I was like oh..that’s it?
I mean, I know this is just the first one, I have more coming but I’m choosing to be positive!

I hope you’re all okay 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Finally had my first fertility appointment yesterday at the hospital after being referred by the GP 3 months ago. I have to schedule a hycosy procedure in. The doctor didn't make it seem too bad, but now I've looked up other peoples experiences and it seems quite scary!

Finally had my first fertility appointment yesterday at the hospital after being referred by the GP 3 months ago. I have to schedule a hycosy procedure in. The doctor didn't make it seem too bad, but now I've looked up other peoples experiences and it seems quite scary!
It varies, mine was fine just felt a lot of pressure when the thing(?) first went in but wasn’t painful. I took 2 paracetamol before I went in. The worst part for me was I had 3 of them down there the dr doing it, a training dr and a nurse 😬😂

I know this sounds easier than it is in reality but more you can relax the less painful it will be - when the muscles are tense it tends to hurt a bit more.
It's really quick, just a few mins. Try some breathing techniques and try to take your mind out of the room, away from whats happening and focus on something relaxing.

Driving myself a bit crazy! I’ve been tracking for months now and have never seen a peak appear on an ovulation strip, im overweight but I do get ovulation pains and have a regular cycle so was confused, went for a blood test and in the meantime have been checking 4-5 times per day for any sort of rise in levels just in case it happens quickly and I’ve been missing it….. turns out my LH and AMH are both super low for my age, my thyroid antibodies are sky high and we might be in trouble.

Has anyone faced similar? Is there anything I can do at home to increase our chances? We don’t qualify for help via the nhs and can’t afford private, so anything I can do at home to boost our chances 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Driving myself a bit crazy! I’ve been tracking for months now and have never seen a peak appear on an ovulation strip, im overweight but I do get ovulation pains and have a regular cycle so was confused, went for a blood test and in the meantime have been checking 4-5 times per day for any sort of rise in levels just in case it happens quickly and I’ve been missing it….. turns out my LH and AMH are both super low for my age, my thyroid antibodies are sky high and we might be in trouble.

Has anyone faced similar? Is there anything I can do at home to increase our chances? We don’t qualify for help via the nhs and can’t afford private, so anything I can do at home to boost our chances 🤞🏻🤞🏻
I also have ridiculously high antibodies but was told there’s nothing they could do about that if TSH levels are stable. Have you had yours checked because that’s what affects fertility? You might need levothyroxine. I think clomid helps with LH if you’re not ovulating, talk to your GP they can prescribe it for you. AMH there isn’t much you can do about that but you can at least work on egg quality; high strength coq10-ubiquinol is best and DHEA, Mediterranean diet, healthy lifestyle….highly recommend the book it starts with the egg.

I also have ridiculously high antibodies but was told there’s nothing they could do about that if TSH levels are stable. Have you had yours checked because that’s what affects fertility? You might need levothyroxine. I think clomid helps with LH if you’re not ovulating, talk to your GP they can prescribe it for you. AMH there isn’t much you can do about that but you can at least work on egg quality; high strength coq10-ubiquinol is best and DHEA, Mediterranean diet, healthy lifestyle….highly recommend the book it starts with the egg.
I’ve been referred to the fertility clinic but I don’t think they can do much to help as my T4 is at 15 already 🥺 going to order that book today though, thank you!

• Heart
Well it’s been a long two weeks but it’s egg collection day tomorrow! 🤞🏼
I’ve done the hour and half drive to the clinic more times than not for constant scans and monitoring but it will all be worth it. I’m also a bruised, bloated and hormonal mess (a full on sob on the shower floor happened the other day)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anybody got any advice about medicated vs unmediated when it comes to FET?
I did modified unmedicated in that no medication until ready to ovulate then used trigger and then progesterone for the 2nd half.
It was successful for us. It did take a lot of monitoring and scans and can be of higher risk of being cancelled.

• Heart
Well it’s been a long two weeks but it’s egg collection day tomorrow! 🤞🏼
I’ve done the hour and half drive to the clinic more times than not for constant scans and monitoring but it will all be worth it. I’m also a bruised, bloated and hormonal mess (a full on sob on the shower floor happened the other day)
Good luck good luck lovely!! xx