Itslittlelauren #2 Baby is dressed up like a dolly & tottering round the farm like a wally

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When my son was little we couldn’t go to baby or toddler groups until he was 18 months old because of my health. Until then we would have a friend of mine and their baby who was the same age as him over once every week or so, so he did have a bit of social interaction. We started going to one toddler group per week at 18 months then added another one when he was 2. He never had any problems interacting with other children or being sociable so it’s not necessarily damaging keeping her away from other children at this age.

However, I do think that Ella is missing out on the things that little children need to develop because of her pristine Instagram world. Where’s the muddy walks with puddles and splashing and picking up worms and digging in mud with a stick? Where’s the knackered second hand play clothes that mean it doesn’t matter if she gets messy? Is she ever allowed to choose what she does or does everything have to be presented to her in an instagrammable format? Can she ever just go and grab her crayons and scribble on random envelopes or does it all have to be set out perfectly? A lot of child development at that age is choosing things themselves and applying what they’ve learned in the environment. Most children do that naturally at home because they’re allowed to but she’s in a pristine bubble.

Reactions: 8
WHO that’s in a couple, posts a baby announcement with just one of the parents?! Self-centred woman. He was banished before Ella was even born. ‘Myself and Tom’ yet proceeds to post a photo of only ‘myself’.
I think that one only mentions Tom too as it's a Facebook post.

2 years later and poor Ella had to suffer a not perfect post office, the poor girl. Let her develop some imagination.

download (5).jpeg

Reactions: 2
Just found this thread, I’ve followed lauren for a while… I was thinking for a while now that her and the baby dad have broken up or something as there’s never any mention or pictures of him, then I thought maybe he’s not on social media and doesn’t want to be included but seeing his Instagram mentioned here I went to look at his account and he posts a lot so I’m confused as to why she doesn’t include or mention him at all.. strange

Reactions: 5
Just found this thread, I’ve followed lauren for a while… I was thinking for a while now that her and the baby dad have broken up or something as there’s never any mention or pictures of him, then I thought maybe he’s not on social media and doesn’t want to be included but seeing his Instagram mentioned here I went to look at his account and he posts a lot so I’m confused as to why she doesn’t include or mention him at all.. strange
Cos he’s literally just the sperm donor 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I hate the way she writes these as if the toys only come out to be set up, she’s said ella played for “over an hour” which makes it seem like the play is very structured and on Lauren’s terms. I have never ever put toys away/out of reach other than tidying/toy rotation/clear out of old or unplayed with toys

It may not fit Lauren’s Instagram to have toys around but she has a child. Children learn through play, it is so essential. My daughter honestly has the most amazing imagination but she will combine all of her toys such as kitchen food to feed her babies, bluey figures in the sylvanian families house.

and for the love of god, I wish she would dress Ella like a little toddler not some show child. How bloody uncomfortable to play in tights and a skirt
5BB03992-B698-4952-8E72-4E44CFC41BBF.jpeg

I'm hoping all these Ella loves babies is not foreshadowing...
I’m in a few parenting groups on Facebook and always see parents complaining about being forced to work once their child hits 2, Ella will be 2 in June. Assuming Lauren is on universal credit for whatever reason she may be reassessed and deemed fit to work?

I have no idea though so could be way off/have it wrong, as I don’t know how it works

• Heart
I hate the way she writes these as if the toys only come out to be set up, she’s said ella played for “over an hour” which makes it seem like the play is very structured and on Lauren’s terms. I have never ever put toys away/out of reach other than tidying/toy rotation/clear out of old or unplayed with toys

It may not fit Lauren’s Instagram to have toys around but she has a child. Children learn through play, it is so essential. My daughter honestly has the most amazing imagination but she will combine all of her toys such as kitchen food to feed her babies, bluey figures in the sylvanian families house.

and for the love of god, I wish she would dress Ella like a little toddler not some show child. How bloody uncomfortable to play in tights and a skirt
View attachment 1891440

I’m in a few parenting groups on Facebook and always see parents complaining about being forced to work once their child hits 2, Ella will be 2 in June. Assuming Lauren is on universal credit for whatever reason she may be reassessed and deemed fit to work?

I have no idea though so could be way off/have it wrong, as I don’t know how it works
shes changing the theme around so quickly all the time too.She’s showing off that it was a good buy which is fair enough, but again the learning comes from the child coming back to the same thing over and over again and adapting it, adding to it, using their own ideas etc.

shes changing the theme around so quickly all the time too.She’s showing off that it was a good buy which is fair enough, but again the learning comes from the child coming back to the same thing over and over again and adapting it, adding to it, using their own ideas etc.
She does it all for show, same as painting that ridiculous swing and the car. Ella doesn’t need a ‘theme’ or an elaborate set up. How is she supposed to develop her own imagination and learn to play in her own way if Lauren is constantly controlling the narrative? I’ve said this before but the things she puts together would be more suitable for a 6 or 7 year old who can read and get into it, Ella has no idea about a cinema.

ATTACH type="full" alt="5BB03992-B698-4952-8E72-4E44CFC41BBF.jpeg"]1891440[/ATTACH]

[/QUOTE]
It’s when a child turns 3 that they are then “forced” to get a job doing atleast 16 hours.

Reactions: 1
Seriously Ella has only just called Tom Dadda?! I know we joke but... Speech development wise kids usually say Dadda first because the Da is easier than the Ma sound.

Exactly choice and autonomy is so important. Ella needs to develop her own imagination not what Lauren imagined parenting would look like from looking on some mumfluencers Instagrams and Pinterest boards.

Seriously Ella has only just called Tom Dadda?! I know we joke but... Speech development wise kids usually say Dadda first because the Da is easier than the Ma sound.

Exactly choice and autonomy is so important. Ella needs to develop her own imagination not what Lauren imagined parenting would look like from looking on some mumfluencers Instagrams and Pinterest boards.
Cause he’s not allowed a look in! He’s not really a big feature.
My littlest has been saying “dada” since 10.5 months when he came in the room and now says “daaaadeeee” at 12.5 months. Like that’s earlier than my eldest said it with meaning (she said dada as nonesence babble at around 6 months) but that gives a good frame of reference. Isn’t Ella 2 or almost 2? Poor Tom and poor Ella

Reactions: 4
Ella loving being creative. (AKA being allowed to draw 2 lines with pink paint using paintbrushes that have quite clearly never been used until today). Such creativity.

Reactions: 6
Ella loving being creative. (AKA being allowed to draw 2 lines with pink paint using paintbrushes that have quite clearly never been used until today). Such creativity.
I was reading an a study earlier about things that can hinder a child’s brain development in the early years and one was not having free play and access to things like puzzles, blocks, etc. It just seems everything ella does is on Lauren’s terms, she can’t even play or use her imagination because her toys aren’t there for her to make up her own games. There’s also the lack of physical things. When is Ella allowed to jump in puddles, run around the park or explore the garden? It’s so sad. Children are meant to be messy and explore the world. It’s like Lauren just wanted a best friend to sit in the coffee shop or lunch with.

• Sad
And she's not getting that opportunity outside the home. Even though she goes to ballet that's still structured and if she's "so shy" she won't exactly be doing much mixing in the class.

Reactions: 2
How is she around all that green paint and not covered?? My little boy goes mental around paint 🤣 he’ll be sat in it.
You can’t tell me that she’s painted them dots Lauren; I’m sorry. You’ve not let her explore any of that activity.

How is she around all that green paint and not covered?? My little boy goes mental around paint 🤣 he’ll be sat in it.
You can’t tell me that she’s painted them dots Lauren; I’m sorry. You’ve not let her explore any of that activity.
Nope. Ex early years teacher and kids of my own and very young children will not make prints like that unless heavily supervised, possibly with their hands held for them - their instinct would be to make one or two dots then smear the paint all over because they’re exploring what happens. So either Lauren has done that, or she’s very very heavily supervised what Ella is doing and intervened constantly, or possibly Ella is scared to do anything messy because she is only allowed to play for Instagram.

• Sad
It’s tragic Lauren made them and is passing them off as Ella.
@Lahne is right regarding how children paint

Reactions: 5