Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ibiatcl

Here you go.

HIGH BROWS:

Let's talk about eyebrows.
Eyebrows have held great significance as far back as Ancient Egyptian times. Using black oxide and carbon paint they thought the look would prevent infection, promote good health and protect the eyes from the sun.

Since then eyebrows have become an ever-changing fashion statement and a trend to keep up with. An important part of the face their main function is to prevent sweat and other debris from falling into the eye. They also aid how we deliver expressions, something of which Botox can get in the way of. In beauty however, we have forgone the idea of them being purposeful. The brow industry is now worth billions and we are constantly trying to keep up with the latest products, treatments and trends. They have become a depiction of how you wish to present yourself. You can choose to be a perfectly manicured, product enhanced brow gal. Or maybe you have become obsessed with brow lamination, the fluffier the better and combed through with a thick spoolie of brow gel. Or maybe, like me your brows have post-traumatic stress disorder from the years of over plucking them into an oblivion that they refuse to grow back.

Brow artists have to constantly keep up with new products and treatments to be on top of their game and we, as consumers are on a never-ending cycle of finding the best brow product to satisfy our brow desires. Back in 2015 super thick and dark brows came back with a bang when Rihanna showed up on the cover of her newly released single "Bitch Better Have My Money". This caused a nationwide obsession with big statement brows. Starting off being overly drawn on and manicured then settling into the more chic and natural Glossier Boy Brow fluffy moment.
Those, like myself who lived through the over plucking obsession in school were left scrambling to figure out the best product to eradicate the fact that our brows were all but non existent. I invested a substantial amount of time, money and effort into trying to keep up with the bushy brow frenzy. Practicing my best wrist flick while holding one of the many thin nib eyebrow pencils that claimed to give the most natural looking fake hair strand. Many opted for micro-blading or got sucked into buying an overpriced serum seen on an Instagram ad. Keeping the product by your bedside at night yet still forgetting to make use of it.

I have been trying to follow and keep up with eyebrow trends but my brows just do not cooperate. Seeing as our eyebrows actual use is to stave off sweat in these warmer months, my perfectly natural drawn on brow strands turn to mush. So I've decided that I’m getting of the trendmill and am willing to accept that I have to accept what I have!

I first got a hold of my mothers tweezers age ten. I would spend my evenings as a young teen peering into one of those magnifying mirrors perched on my windowsill. I could see all my pores and every unwanted brow hair that unbeknown to me would be hugely in fashion in my later years. Plucking each one and letting them float away, never to be seen again. Searching for the Pamela Anderson high arch barely-there brow. Sometimes I'd go as far as to pluck the whole tail end and draw it back on higher with a badly sharpened Rimmel brow pencil. Using the same one to line my lips adding Vaseline to both keep my brows in place and smearing some on my lips to blend in the brown pencil. As of late I have begun to get seduced back into the thin brow phase of my youth. I’m getting older, getting Botox and facials. Watching Vogue get ready with me's to pick up whatever tips and tricks I can to try and maintain my youth. To this day I have the same magnifying mirror and the other morning I placed it on my windowsill and looked closely at myself. My last brow tint had worn off and my face was covered in Dripping Gold Wonder Water. If I rang up to book a tint I would be left with an orange hue around my brows for a couple of days. I truly dislike being tanless so I decided I'd forego the tint. Trying to figure out a rotisserie of having a bare face to prep for a tint post lockdown was just another thing on my to do list that I couldn't be arsed with. I picked up my pink Tweezerman tweezers and went to town. Trawling through Instagram beforehand looking up images from the early two thousands for some inspiration.

I've succumbed to the fact that I will never again have my pre plucked brows. So I have decided to revisit the thin brow moment that I unknowingly dedicated myself to in my teen years and it feels liberating! I will no longer try force my brows to be something that they are not. They are sparse and thin and look in a constant state of surprise post Botox but they function just fine as they are.

Brow trends will come and go but my spindly thin brows are here to stay.
Is this a random article or will it be an entire episode?

goldieheux

She was an insta Hun years ago, kept trying to make it as a model and was big for tagging American apparel in every post until they noticed her haha. Worked in BTs for ages until she moved to London
Thank-you, checked out her insta. Aesthetically she has a lovely page and good style, the amount of designer items though…what does she do/where does she get the money?!

I see she is still continuing tagging all and sundry 🤣

I’m sure she is raging with her number of followers compared to the new gen of Insta huns.

Stop ahahaha I literally walked passed her twice taking pics with it. The photo in the silver dress. I'd never heard of someone spending so much time in a shop they're not paid to be in :LOL: :LOL: She was going out with Steven Gannon at the time (he was on Fade St a couple of times lol) and was desperately trying to be the big Dublin IT girl but never really super took off. I'd say she looks at the likes of Sophie Murray and does fume
Haha I remember that guy Steve from Fade Street, didn’t he go out with yer one Dani for a while? A very good looking guy tbf haha! I must see if he is on social media and what he is up to. Pretty sure he was in a band.

LadyGoodman

VIP Member
Yeah, I can’t help but wonder (cue Carrie Bradshaw voiceover)- If L is as toxic as she seems to be, wouldn’t J also have to be just as toxic or at least somewhat toxic in order to be best friends for 10 years?
Absolutely but I guess things can change a lot in that time and with J getting engaged and hoping for a mortgage then maybe she got some perspective. L isn't really changing (well only for the bf)

LadyGoodman

VIP Member
I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess she posted here because she wanted to express exactly what she said- that she’s over them.

I don’t think any justification beyond that is necessary.
Of course it's not necessary. There is no harm in asking if I was looking for more understanding, this is a discussion page after all.

I was annoyed that she slid in my DMs instead of letting it go. I wasn't gonna put her on blast on my story but then when I felt she wasn’t getting it or learning from this whole situation I was like fuck it... more people have to be told, so I shared. You guys seem nosey so I said hey Ive uploaded to my IG there it is. I dont need followers but thought yous might seem interested in what I had to say, many have but sure look 🙂

She has actually apologised to me in DMs. I accept it & I do feel a tad bad for the whole thing blowing up but then again I was only trying to stand up for what I believe in & try to make other people undsertand. I do hope shes learnt from this situation & will be more considerate & learn to own her mistakes.
Did you post the apology screenshot? Apols if ive missed it!

Irishgal8

Same! Although I’m ashamed to say it took a solid 5 mins for me to get it.

Idk whether to be nervous, excited or scared for L to address her racist comments on (technically today’s) Xgalz. I’m counting on you tattlers who are Xgalz to keep us in the loop!
I dont know if she will.

LadyGoodman

VIP Member
Another Wanker

He goes out with some comedian girl , he has a new gf every week and thinks he’s this huge player tuned self love guru who wrote a shitty book of poems. Lauren was a nut when she was with him , I’ve so many stories. She was a stalker even after he dumped her. She has zero mates aswell. She literally worked In bt to live in London and work in a shop
What's his @?