It Galz #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say after listening to shauna about the housing, she hasn't phrased it well but it's the truth. I've an apartment in Dublin and rented it 4 years ago to a family when I moved away.

I'm now back in dublin living with my parents and have such anxiety about asking them to leave. It's been 2 years and I still can't ask them to leave because I know it's essentially sending them to homelessness. (Rent is 1400 and I could get double now). If I knew there was a place for them to go I'd be happy to ask.

So now I'm back not being able to go out without saying when I'm home to my parents and breaking even for it.

I know I'm not in the worst place at all and so happy I have the gaf eventually but I just am so mad that I'll essentially have to ruined someone's life if I ask them to move out.

I'm loosing more money than if I moved in and got a room mate and lived there myself.

I'll prob get hate for this as a landlord but I really do care about them and don't want to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have to say after listening to shauna about the housing, she hasn't phrased it well but it's the truth. I've an apartment in Dublin and rented it 4 years ago to a family when I moved away.

I'm now back in dublin living with my parents and have such anxiety about asking them to leave. It's been 2 years and I still can't ask them to leave because I know it's essentially sending them to homelessness. (Rent is 1400 and I could get double now). If I knew there was a place for them to go I'd be happy to ask.

So now I'm back not being able to go out without saying when I'm home to my parents and breaking even for it.

I know I'm not in the worst place at all and so happy I have the gaf eventually but I just am so mad that I'll essentially have to ruined someone's life if I ask them to move out.

I'm loosing more money than if I moved in and got a room mate and lived there myself.

I'll prob get hate for this as a landlord but I really do care about them and don't want to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
What was the rant?
She went on about all the Ukrainian refugees and how blah she gets how they ā€œfled from war šŸ™„ā€ but why are they being housed in halls and gymnasiums. Not how dare they be getting nice apartments, but how dare they get a cot in a huge room with tons of others. But then she and Lindsay go on to say homeless people donā€™t even want housing and are happy enough to sleep on the street. They bring up a winter weather incident where homeless were offered shelter and they refused. Like ā€œsee they donā€™t want housingā€ but why the duck are we housing refugees just because of a little war. All very obnoxious and sheā€™s totally unbearable, also mentioning constantly how all of our boyfriends would rather be with her while snorting and hocking snot. Yep.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Yeah, nothing like not being able to afford to rent a room somewhere because it's costs more than the apartment you own and cant move into.
---
Just so you are aware my rent income is 1,400, tax paid on that is about 600 to 650. Rent insurance 70 a month, property tax about 50 a month
---
Yeah, nothing like not being able to afford to rent a room somewhere because it's costs more than the apartment you own and cant move into.
---
Just so you are aware my rent income is 1,400, tax paid on that is about 650. Rent insurance 70 a month, property tax about 50 a month, Management fees 105 a month, phi 30 a month. Any issues, breakdowns or replacements of the kitchen units, heating, boiler etc is paid by me which costs another 1k a year on average (some more,some less).

After that I pay my mortgage. I MAY if I'm lucky get a 1k a year profit. That's before I pay the mortgage.

I am not a multiple property owner. I bought this to live in and had the opportunity to work away for a a few years. I now pay 350 rent to my parents and 700ish on my mortgage. So yes, it is costing me to have them there.
---
---
Just so you are aware my rent income is 1,400, tax paid on that is about 600 to 650. Rent insurance 70 a month, property tax about 50 a month
---
My only point in commenting that L is anxious all the time about her rent is that i understand from the otherside. I'm also anxious because I don't want to do that to anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
---
---

---

My only point in commenting that L is anxious all the time about her rent is that i understand from the otherside. I'm also anxious because I don't want to do that to anyone.
Aw you were able to afford a property and then chose to move away and chose to rent it out after you chose to move away šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢ Meanwhile thereā€™s people breaking their back trying afford to feed their kids. You have someone paying your mortgage on your apartment that you willingly choose not to give your tenants ample notice that the lease wonā€™t be renewed so you can move back in. But wait youā€™re only charging them 1400 where you COULD charge them 2800.. Jesus wept. Iā€™ll call the parish priest because that is a tradgedy (of your making mind you)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Aw you were able to afford a property and then chose to move away and chose to rent it out after you chose to move away šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢ Meanwhile thereā€™s people breaking their back trying afford to feed their kids. You have someone paying your mortgage on your apartment that you willingly choose not to give your tenants ample notice that the lease wonā€™t be renewed so you can move back in. But wait youā€™re only charging them 1400 where you COULD charge them 2800.. Jesus wept. Iā€™ll call the parish priest because that is a tradgedy (of your making mind you)
Have you read anything I said? I dont make anything from the apartment. If I get 150 quid a month after tax that will all go into getting it back to the standard where it was let.

That is BEFORE I pay my mortgage.

I have never increased the rent, nor do I want to. I just want to live there.

I havnt evicted them or given them notice to leave. But when i do they will get their notice ane plenty of time after if they need it.

My point was I don't want to ask them to leave but i would be way better off of i did and I will have to in the future.

If I could find a bed in a house share that I could rent and break even I would.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn't say Shauna's rant was racist, think her point was not worded the best but regardless of peoples own personal views and mine are not in line with Shauna's but I respect peoples right to their own opinion and beliefs especially when they make an effort to explain as best they can what the think and why they do, she was clear in trying to say numerous times that she was not coming from a racist place, even giving the carlow example and maintaining her viewpoint and standing by what she thinks and saying repeatedly that she was not coming from a racist place. Wouldnt share her views but she did make a point of explaining her own views and thoughts and reasons why which I think agree or completely disagree with her you can see she was trying to show why she holds those views and conscious to say it wasn't from a place of racism. It's a time where it's important to understand why a large majority are feeling that way and why and how things can be de-escalated and she said clearly she doesn't agree with any violent protesting or people going about expressing their views in a way she does not condone and said to protest at the Dail instead in fairness to her. I think their points said re homeless situation in general was just completely dumb and off the mark though, moreso L tbh re the homeless piece, I think Shauna said some silly things but spoke genuinely about her fear of being homeless and people she knows who are homeless with then some silly taking the pics comments in between.
---
In relation to that pod episode I came on here to see what people thought of it after not listening to LL in ages until today. It was nearly 1 hour 30 mins and after that whole experience I genuinely don't know what I think about it in general. It was an experience and disliked some bits but really enjoyed others and felt I was just going back and forth between those two feelings throughout haha, curious others thoughts

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't think Shauna came across poorly at all, so I think the racist comment is a bit of a reach tbh. At the end of the day she was just expressing her fear of homelessness which she is entitled to do.
---
I thought the pod was gas in parts but I would prefer it if they would steer away from politics/heavier topics as that's not what I listen for personally.

Reactions: 2
Plenty of people only seem to care about the homeless when it comes to denying other people housing.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Have you read anything I said? I dont make anything from the apartment. If I get 150 quid a month after tax that will all go into getting it back to the standard where it was let.

That is BEFORE I pay my mortgage.

I have never increased the rent, nor do I want to. I just want to live there.

I havnt evicted them or given them notice to leave. But when i do they will get their notice ane plenty of time after if they need it.

My point was I don't want to ask them to leave but i would be way better off of i did and I will have to in the future.

If I could find a bed in a house share that I could rent and break even I would.
Mate, you're building equity by owning property. You're not a victim. šŸ’…

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Shauna quite clearly hasn't a clue what she is even talking about -

'I'm on a lot of Facebook groups about this'

ā˜ ā˜ ā˜ 

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How are L's sisters not putting her wide to how crass and ignorant Shauna sounds when she talks about things like this.

I enjoyed the pod and like Shauna overall but that gave me the ick too.

Reactions: 6
she was clear in trying to say numerous times that she was not coming from a racist place
Not saying sheā€™s racist/said racist things, havenā€™t listened to the ep and donā€™t plan to but prefacing things with ā€˜not coming from a racist placeā€™ is the equivalent to saying ā€˜no offence butā€¦ā€™

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.