It Galz #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jenny saying I’m not farming my personal traumas for content is so laughable 😂 that’s how she made her following, also now she farms other peoples traumas with the murders etc. for her own content. Not like she’s above it

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Boo, I’d still love the details. Ah well. Maybe since Lindsay stopped using the ItGalz name entirely and made LL, it was decided that it was no longer worth pursuing L for serious penalties, like we speculated her not paying Jenny.

I guess we just have to move on with both girls being boring as hell now 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think with L if you're gonna be paying for her pod it's probably about managing expectations. I said it before when last came here and do think how I see Ls content is very much based on her mood and how she's doing. Which is why a lot of people love the pod, the authenticity, the personal aspect, when she's giving that high energy class content we love and she's rolled out some of the most enjoyable pods I've listened to this year over the past few weeks. But you can see when she's not in the right place it comes through and she just can't fake it, you can sense the low energy which I kinda respect in a way and find authentic but can make for a disappointing pod and can see why people get a lil frustrated when a pod is low energy and lacking.
I think for me anyway that's what I can see and know I'm paying for and happy to pay for that, it's kinda just going on an L journey and not knowing what content she will output and in fairness it's mostly so enjoyable and think shes defo my fave pod and I listen to them all day long. I think it's about accepting that and deciding if you wanna pay for that. And Js content is a lot more consistent but it's very different content, not really comparable. Most people following Ls are there for her and her topics are random and content full of her. RR is entirely the opposite and a lot easier to be consistent with by it's nature.

I think with L if you're gonna be paying for her pod it's probably about managing expectations. I said it before when last came here and do think how I see Ls content is very much based on her mood and how she's doing. Which is why a lot of people love the pod, the authenticity, the personal aspect, when she's giving that high energy class content we love and she's rolled out some of the most enjoyable pods I've listened to this year over the past few weeks. But you can see when she's not in the right place it comes through and she just can't fake it, you can sense the low energy which I kinda respect in a way and find authentic but can make for a disappointing pod and can see why people get a lil frustrated when a pod is low energy and lacking.
I think for me anyway that's what I can see and know I'm paying for and happy to pay for that, it's kinda just going on an L journey and not knowing what content she will output and in fairness it's mostly so enjoyable and think shes defo my fave pod and I listen to them all day long. I think it's about accepting that and deciding if you wanna pay for that. And Js content is a lot more consistent but it's very different content, not really comparable. Most people following Ls are there for her and her topics are random and content full of her. RR is entirely the opposite and a lot easier to be consistent with by it's nature.
*edit - I read back on a few comments there & actually do agree re her moaning about the pod and the hassle and strain of it though, she needs to stop that.

I know J does loads of research but it sounds like she literally pre-writes and then reads from a script on RR, even her own commentary sounds forced and pre scripted and I do not understand why she sounds so much more dull and lecture-esque than most pods (I listen to loads of true crime etc) when she was obviously able to hold her own and talk in a free flowing manner and talk on topics of all sorts at random and be so successful from that talent on It Galz for years. I just don't understand why her content is so dull with a condescending patronising tone when the topics are things I enjoy listening to and I enjoyed It Galz so much. It's mad. I re-subbed just to see if there was any change thinking perhaps she had read comments here and maybe made some changes and interested in topics but Jesus Christ I cannot even get through more than 15 minutes.

Also if anyone is into true crime I find Grainne and Gemma Gallanaghs pod Whats the Crime really enjoyable to listen to and season 3 is out now on spotify

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I know J does loads of research but it sounds like she literally pre-writes and then reads from a script on RR, even her own commentary sounds forced and pre scripted and I do not understand why she sounds so much more dull and lecture-esque than most pods (I listen to loads of true crime etc) when she was obviously able to hold her own and talk in a free flowing manner and talk on topics of all sorts at random and be so successful from that talent on It Galz for years. I just don't understand why her content is so dull with a condescending patronising tone when the topics are things I enjoy listening to and I enjoyed It Galz so much. It's mad. I re-subbed just to see if there was any change thinking perhaps she had read comments here and maybe made some changes and interested in topics but Jesus Christ I cannot even get through more than 15 minutes.
Ehh. I think J gets too much credit for her ‘research’. I listened to her Balenciaga ep (2x speed because yawn) and it was definitely lacking in comparison to other Youtubers who covered the topic. And the fact that she quotes having a partner who does photography + having a degree in art history as an indication that she has special insight…it just fell kinda flat to me.
I think if she recorded her pod as if she was talking to someone rather than talking at someone, it would help make her sound less rehearsed/more natural.

i don’t think there’s any clear winner or looser in this. Lindsay’s probably happy she hasn’t been taken to the cleaners. She definitely had to fork out something but doubt it was anywhere close to the amounts speculated. Hence back to the nails etc.
As above - it’s civil court so it’s not as easy as winning or losing despite what Lindsay may say 😂 I mean I hope she’s happy with the settlement and relieved that it’s over
That makes sense. I wonder what the outcome was if it wasn’t a win/lose situation. I’m happy that it’s over though. Would suck if it dragged on for years.

Reactions: 4
I’m happy the legal stuff has gone Lindsay’s way because I’ve always suspected Jenny just pursued it out of spite/to be a nuisance and not because she really felt like she lost anything financially from It Galz ending.
Thinking Jenny pursued a legal battle over the dissolution of a joint business and (I'm assuming) failure to deliver upon agreed profit shares "out of spite" and "to be a nuisance" is the most immature logic ever and something I'd expect L to say. Not everything is a calculated attack out of spite from a failed friendship. Doesn't matter what happened to J+L's friendship, there was always a separate business there in the background that needed to be dissolved in a professional legal way when L went rogue because that's adult life with consequences. It would have nothing to do with "spite" wtf🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah I think Lindsay sees the pod as a place to get admiration, attention and wages from her wit alone when she could benefit from with seeing it as more of a business. For example if you went to a restaurant and the staff were complaining about how they were too stressed out to work you wouldn’t enjoy the service as much and would be likely to spend your money elsewhere. The same as if the restaurant was chaotic and open some weeks and not the next you might be more hesitant to hand over cash 😂 People complain when she’s not consistent and she says the focus shouldn’t be on that but that’s the same with any business that unfortunately more time is taken up with complaints than compliments but that’s just how it is and maybe why her patreons haven’t recovered enough.

Agree with @AliceInFunderland that Jenny should make it more ‘entertaining’ rather than lecture style would make it easier to listen to. It’s funny how she often mentions my American followers or people not from Ireland. I wonder how successful she actually is outside of Ireland or is she just talking to yulia and devin

Reactions: 12
Thinking Jenny pursued a legal battle over the dissolution of a joint business and (I'm assuming) failure to deliver upon agreed profit shares "out of spite" and "to be a nuisance" is the most immature logic ever and something I'd expect L to say. Not everything is a calculated attack out of spite from a failed friendship. Doesn't matter what happened to J+L's friendship, there was always a separate business there in the background that needed to be dissolved in a professional legal way when L went rogue because that's adult life with consequences. It would have nothing to do with "spite" wtf🤦‍♀️
This!!!! I think most of us would have done the same tbh. More fool to anyone who wouldn’t. It was BOTH their sole livelihoods and Jenny owed her nothing. Flat out ridiculous to think that someone would go through all that legal torture and costs and stress out of ‘spite’ alone. At the end of the day they had a solid business and Lindsay tit the bed. The court case was deserved and warranted.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I honestly think both girls are so boring now but in their own completely separate ways. L doesn't really divulge personal stuff like she used to which ok fair enough but that's what made her so popular in the first place and was really her niche, it worked for her. J lacks in personality and doesnt come across as genuine. Don't think either of them have it in them to be really good podcasters anymore.

Reactions: 22
I honestly think both girls are so boring now but in their own completely separate ways. L doesn't really divulge personal stuff like she used to which ok fair enough but that's what made her so popular in the first place and was really her niche, it worked for her. J lacks in personality and doesnt come across as genuine. Don't think either of them have it in them to be really good podcasters anymore.
They both need co hosts. The free pods of Jenny's that I've listened to are way better with someone to bounce off. I haven't listened to any Lipstick Lessons cuz Lindsay put one free ep on Patreon. I'm convinced she doesn't know how to upload to Spotify cuz that was Jenny's job back in the day. Lindsay - get some more freebies up and get some more co hosts in.

Reactions: 7
Hey Jenny

QUOTE="CherryMotel, post: 12998601, member: 246556"]
[/QUOTE]

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hey Jenny

QUOTE="CherryMotel, post: 12998601, member: 246556"]
[/QUOTE]
Not Jenny - just some one talking sense i recon, you on the other hand - a new member? 🧏‍♀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
What's the story with the wedding? They've been engaged for two years now.. That's longer than the time they were going out before getting engaged

Reactions: 3
I REALLY want to like J's pod.
But she forgets that the info she's presenting is literally open to anyone to find, if they have the inclination.
And she thinks her interest in researching a topic is unique to her. It's not: loads of us fall down wiki rabbit holes. If you have the time, it's delightful.
What makes it worthy of a podcast is putting your own spin on the material, eg, via adding humour a la My Favorite Murder

Reactions: 14
I feel like if one of them focused more on pop culture they’d have more success but the effort just isn’t there

Reactions: 1
Hey Jenny
Great input hun. Good research and very plausible 🕵️‍♀️ 💯

..........Tell me you're new to this thread without telling me you're new to this thread🤦‍♀️

What's the story with the wedding? They've been engaged for two years now.. That's longer than the time they were going out before getting engaged
Can you imagine an RTE reality show like the Pippa O' Connor and Brian Ormand wedding one (it's on the RTE player sooo funny - defo recommend a watch!) but for Jenny and Evan? :LOL: Detailing the run up to their wedding... Jenny selecting an all Asian menu and Evan giving no input in the background whatsoever for the whole thing... Jenny struggling to pick bridesmaids because "she has no friends" ..... intense tearful bathroom cam confessions with unsettling background music about Jenny's underlying fear that Lindsay will show up on the big day to sabotage it all....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
This!!!! I think most of us would have done the same tbh. More fool to anyone who wouldn’t. It was BOTH their sole livelihoods and Jenny owed her nothing. Flat out ridiculous to think that someone would go through all that legal torture and costs and stress out of ‘spite’ alone. At the end of the day they had a solid business and Lindsay tit the bed. The court case was deserved and warranted.
It's also not like Jenny is some millionaire that can take legal cases on for the craic. The way L ended Itgalz must have had genuine financial repercussions for Jenny and her future on a business and personal level.

Mortgages, business loans etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.