Is my 'best friend' jealous of my pregnancy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg hun this is awful! What sort of friend says any of these things?!
Whether or not she wants babies she should never say the awful things she is.
A friend should be supportive and happy for your happiness.
I know it’s hard for you right now to digest why she’s like this but I honestly think you should have some space from her. You should be enjoying this moment you have waited so so long for. Don’t let someone else put a dampener on it.
It’s up to you if you remain friends with her, but I do think you deserve so much more from the friendship.
It’s such an amazing time for you and if she can’t see that then she’s not a friend. Please look after yourself and put yourself and the baby first, her attitude stinks quite honestly.

Reactions: 1
I don’t agree with anything your friend said at all, as it’s not nice at all given that you’re so excited and it’s a much longer for bubba. But it sounds like she’s hurt. I’m not making excuses for her behaviour but it could be the source of it. Just because someone says how awful babies are, it doesn’t always mean she means it and it could be a self defence mechanism. My best friend went through a total hysterectomy at 37 due to cancer and now she has nothing nice to say about children. But knowing her as I do, it’s because she always dreamed of having them and the option has been taken away.
I’m just playing devils advocate. If you’ve always been good friends, then I’d pull her up on her behaviour and maybe ask her why she feels the need to be that way. But whatever happens, you’ll have a beautiful little one soon x

Reactions: 1