Is it just me that HATES Primark???

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not a shop I go in more than once a year. I don’t like how busy and crammed together everything is (and what a mess). The clothing looks very cheaply made and you have to wonder how ethical that is. I’d rather buy from a supermarket.

Reactions: 2
Usually try and go early morning on a weekend if I can as it’s horrendous after work and evenings!
All the “popular” T-shirt’s or clothes people want always just has XS left in men and women lol.

Not been for months as it’s getting ridiculous people taking suitcases to fill up and not enough people on the tills. Or worse they close all the tills but one and bottleneck the queue so you can be there 30 mins or longer. Usually give up and go at that point

I must say... the stain in my Cher t-shirt from primark came off instantly and it’s like brand new!

Am I the only one that hates Primark?

Firstly, I actually do not think Primark is that cheap.. I find H&M cheaper and considerably better quality! Everything I have ever purchased in Primark has developed holes or fallen apart with in one or two wears! I cannot think of one item that has stood the test of time.

Secondly, I just find Primark stores too busy, filled with people in my way!

Lastly, I just find the whole concept of ‘throw away fashion’ so horrendous. Having watched documentaries on how some of these cheaper items have are made and the factories allowing their dyes from the fabric to leak into river causing harm to locals and the environment!

And.... if I have to see one more influencer show their “Primark haul” I’m going to scream.... I don’t care what tat you have in your brown bag!

Am I alone in this?
I absolutely hate it. The quality is poor (especially for socks) and much as I love a bargain, there’s bargains and then there’s primark.

Reactions: 4
Agree with the jumble sale, elbowing and security guards ! Occasionally good for pyjamas and the odd random
Home thing.

The sizing is just off. I find *all* of the clothes a bit too expensive ... as in ‘£14 is too much for a dress from primark’

Used to go in when I was at uni and now it’s less and less.

I literally either spend nothing or £60+
Can’t tell you what I still have 🤷🏼‍♀️

I love Primark. I mainly only get pyjamas, socks ect but Ive found some lovely jumpers in there.

The duvet covers are really good and wash up well.

The kids clothes are exactly what they're meant to be cheap and cheerful. £1.80 for a t-shirt is perfect for a child who is just gonna get it dirty, don't see the need to pay the £5/6 t-shirts that you get at the likes of next.
I brought my friends daughter a whole outfit for her birthday (jeggings, t-shirt and a sparkly cardigan!) For £8 from Primark. I will admit the cardigan was reduced to £2 but I know she will love it.

Reactions: 1
I find Primark reliable in the sense that if I had a list of things I needed say for example for a last minute holiday clothes run, or if it was getting cold and I needed some winter bits, 99% of the time if I go in there I'll come out with what I was looking for.

And I have to say I have both summer and winter clothes from the past five years that I still wear. Of course a lot of it is cheap tat and fast fashion. My God they don't half sell some crap. It's the same in the Home section, you can buy some lovely bedding for an absolute steal (that lasts!) but you have to go through aisles of tit first.

So yes Primark always gets a visit from me when I'm on the high street but they don't get my money as easy as when I was younger and would blindly buy everything in there.

Oh bless you!
Like I say, in my uni days I did shop in Primark and it was okay then, even when I had my first baby their clothes were great. But now I really feel the quality has diminished so much the past 5 years everything I have bought has broken almost instantly.
Also I find the patterns and designs are awful now, you are hard pressed to find plain simple office blouses etc, it's all garish prints. Back in the day my whole work wardrobe was from there. It definitely used to be better.

We have a caravan in the Peak district and my 7 year old plays out all day whatever the weather. His clothes for the caravan all come from primark because £1-£2 for a T-shirt and 3 quid for jogging bottoms that are only gonna get covered in mud makes sense but the quality is tit and they don’t wash well but they do last! I buy a big ‘haul’ (ha sorry! I hate that term!) for him at the beginning of the season and it sees him through to the end so 8 months. Any clothes that I want to last for him come from M&S or next.

I never buy women’s stuff, I once bought a bra and every time I bent over a titty fell out, not supportive at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We have a caravan in the Peak district and my 7 year old plays out all day whatever the weather. His clothes for the caravan all come from primark because £1-£2 for a T-shirt and 3 quid for jogging bottoms that are only gonna get covered in mud makes sense but the quality is tit and they don’t wash well but they do last! I buy a big ‘haul’ (ha sorry! I hate that term!) for him at the beginning of the season and it sees him through to the end so 8 months. Any clothes that I want to last for him come from M&S or next.

I never buy women’s stuff, I once bought a bra and every time I bent over a titty fell out, not supportive at all.
Aha yes have fallen foul of the bras there too!

I must be alone as everything I've had has lasted ages and not shrunk or been thrownaway. I usually buy their vest tops, pants, socks, sometimes shoes, and nice dresses.

Mine must be a quiet store too! I enjoy going, but it definitely isn't as cheap as it used to be!
Nope. You’re not alone. I have shoes from there that are 8 years old. Jumper that’s 6....

As for the sizing - I’ve found since their recent overhaul - it’s much more accurate. I can usually go in, pick up a 14, and it fit.

I used to go in 10 years ago and be spoilt for choice, I'd spend a fortune every month. My friend and I would go in on payday and go mad, baskets full. Now I'm lucky if I can find one basic top to buy, it's all tat, I don't know if that's because my tastes have evolved or because they just make tat now and didn't used to? The prices have slowly creeped up too, like a lot of people have said H&M or the constant New Look sale is cheaper and better quality now.

I used to love the fit of the jeans, but after 3 washes they got vertical lines down the material that you couldn't iron out. Bra's always get miss shaped cups and wires come out, soft jumpers go hard and shrink, can't stand the material they use in their stretchy t shirts and when I used to buy my work shoes from there, I needed to replace almost monthly.

All that said, I do love having a mooch around when I'm in town, and one thing they do get right is pj's

the Disney stuff in primark is cute! :love:✨
Very true, I have seen some cute Disney stuff xxx

I used to go in 10 years ago and be spoilt for choice, I'd spend a fortune every month. My friend and I would go in on payday and go mad, baskets full. Now I'm lucky if I can find one basic top to buy, it's all tat, I don't know if that's because my tastes have evolved or because they just make tat now and didn't used to? The prices have slowly creeped up too, like a lot of people have said H&M or the constant New Look sale is cheaper and better quality now.

I used to love the fit of the jeans, but after 3 washes they got vertical lines down the material that you couldn't iron out. Bra's always get miss shaped cups and wires come out, soft jumpers go hard and shrink, can't stand the material they use in their stretchy t shirts and when I used to buy my work shoes from there, I needed to replace almost monthly.

All that said, I do love having a mooch around when I'm in town, and one thing they do get right is pj's
Yes, I agree! Like I say, I did used to love it but I just feel for me it’s appeal to me.

Yes that’s fair does at those prices. Our local Primark is a smaller one and think perhaps they don’t always stock the ‘cheaper’ children’s items. When I go into our Primark they seem to display lots of children’s dresses that are their more expensive ranges.

I love Next for longer last items. I always find loads online. Xxxx

I actually find both primark and h&m have poor quality. I got few summer bits from primark, because well.. I don't need expensive shorts for 4 days of summer. H&m is quite bad too, but I occasionally manage to find some nicer clothes.

I used to buy clothes for myself but don't anymore I'll buy shoes accessories etc. I buy 2 sizes up in the kids cheap tops and trousers for my little girl for nursery so when they are shrunk by the wash they do still fit lol and it doesn't matter if she ruins them. I like their homeware stuff but it's getting more and more expensive now like the clothes did

I used to like it for tights. Then they changed them and now they are horrific. I'm tall. I buy xl for the legs and they made the crotch to waist but sorter so all they do is roll and fall down when you walk! Bloody stupid.

I recently bought bedding and it's, touch wood, going strong. But I hate the shop. It's messy, too busy and I can never get anything to fit me.

Oh underwear. Used to buy underwear then they changed the sizing and the fabric and now they just cut me in half! I know I have curves but ffs

I hate Primark too!! The clothes are dreadful - poor quality and cheap looking. They don’t wash well either in my opinion. Not to mention the store is always too busy and messy (well in my local one anyway). Everyone I know loves Primark and I always feel like I’m the odd one out as I don’t like even going in the front door of it! I would rather save up for a bit longer and buy stuff from Zara or Next or somewhere as it’s generally better quality.

Reactions: 3
Used to love primark but now it's awful! Never buy kids clothes unless basic tees as I personally don't want my kids wearing awful crop tops and gym wear! Went in for the first time in months the other day, saw a nice dress for £8, first wear there's a hole at the seam! Reminded me why I don't shop in there. The new sizing is awful, everything I've got since is either too big or too small! Also everyone in there seems become horrible pushy, rude and loud. And personally think H&m is worse! Their dresses are all see through, leggings just as bad as primark but twice the price! Sizing is also awful. Only good thing is the kids clothes, which are fab and the 3 for 2 basics you can't go wrong.