Is it just me that HATES Primark???

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Call me a caveman (or woman I don’t know if the word cavewoman exists lol) but I’ve never been to a primark store.
Never been enough curious or attracted to it.
And God this throwaway culture is awful,considering the environment is already damaged.

Reactions: 2
For me Primark is still cheap. Not saying it's best quality but cheap. Especially love kid's clothes, socks, flip flops, make up, reading glasses .. done of the jewellery ..
People on her mentioning it's expensive and they can buy much better and cheaper, I'd love to know what shops you go to please? 😀👍🏼
Unfortunately we don't have a H&M where I live anymore as it closed down last year to be replaced by River Island.

Reactions: 1
For me Primark is still cheap. Not saying it's best quality but cheap. Especially love kid's clothes, socks, flip flops, make up, reading glasses .. done of the jewellery ..
People on her mentioning it's expensive and they can buy much better and cheaper, I'd love to know what shops you go to please? 😀👍🏼
Unfortunately we don't have a H&M where I live anymore as it closed down last year to be replaced by River Island.
We have an Asda next to us and they are usually about £3 or £4 a dress.

I use Next online (never in store as the range is terrible) most of the girls dresses I buy Next are about £5 or £6 I just put them I price order to find the cheapest. What I do like about the Next dresses is that the wash really well and last for ages.

H & M - although I know you don’t have one near you, the dresses are all about £2.99 - £4.99.

Call me a caveman (or woman I don’t know if the word cavewoman exists lol) but I’ve never been to a primark store.
Never been enough curious or attracted to it.
And God this throwaway culture is awful,considering the environment is already damaged.
You’re not a caver person at all. I’m with you! I just think it’s a shame they don’t put more effort into making things better quality so they last, not end up in landfill.

I have found lots of children’s clothing items online but I’m struggling to upload them as it says “file too big”.

I can only suggest going directly to the websites and putting kids clothing into ascending price order.

Sorry hope that helps P xxxx

I must be alone as everything I've had has lasted ages and not shrunk or been thrownaway. I usually buy their vest tops, pants, socks, sometimes shoes, and nice dresses.

Mine must be a quiet store too! I enjoy going, but it definitely isn't as cheap as it used to be!

Reactions: 7
I must be alone as everything I've had has lasted ages and not shrunk or been thrownaway. I usually buy their vest tops, pants, socks, sometimes shoes, and nice dresses.

Mine must be a quiet store too! I enjoy going, but it definitely isn't as cheap as it used to be!
That’s really good, I’m glad you have success

thats good, maybe you’re better at laundry than I am.

A very long time ago when I was at uni I used to shop there and it was alright back then. But now I just find it doesn’t seem to last. Xxx

Wouldn't say i was a fan. I've only ever bought one item of clothing from Primark!

You are definitely a lucky one on this! Lol

thats good, maybe you’re better at laundry than I am.
Maybe depends on the country?or is it the same quality everywhere?

Because long time ago, I saw a documentary showing that the texture of the Nutella wasn’t the same here in France and in Germany.
I know it’s food it’s not the same but maybe it applies in clothes?🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
90p flip flops are great for holidays and/or hospital showers when given birth

Reactions: 7
The only thing I personally find Primark good for now is basics like leggings or tees (still prefer H&M really) gym stuff and pyjamas. Their sizing is always way off for me so I can never buy normal clothes from there.

90p flip flops are great for holidays and/or hospital showers when given birth
I definitely like the cheap flip flops ..

We have an Asda next to us and they are usually about £3 or £4 a dress.

I use Next online (never in store as the range is terrible) most of the girls dresses I buy Next are about £5 or £6 I just put them I price order to find the cheapest. What I do like about the Next dresses is that the wash really well and last for ages.

H & M - although I know you don’t have one near you, the dresses are all about £2.99 - £4.99.

You’re not a caver person at all. I’m with you! I just think it’s a shame they don’t put more effort into making things better quality so they last, not end up in landfill.

I have found lots of children’s clothing items online but I’m struggling to upload them as it says “file too big”.

I can only suggest going directly to the websites and putting kids clothing into ascending price order.

Sorry hope that helps P xxxx
Thank you so much for the tips. Appreciate it x

90p flipflops break so easily though. I brought a pair for my summer holiday and they broke after two days!

Okay, so which one of you cursed me? The primark vest top I was wearing got a hole in it, after saying everything I've had has been decent quality! 😂

• Haha
Okay, so which one of you cursed me? The primark vest top I was wearing got a hole in it, after saying everything I've had has been decent quality! 😂
Oh bless you!
Like I say, in my uni days I did shop in Primark and it was okay then, even when I had my first baby their clothes were great. But now I really feel the quality has diminished so much the past 5 years everything I have bought has broken almost instantly.

My daughter is into Disney and used to want all the primark Disney stuff 😬. It’s all cheap tat, I refuse to buy any of it now

I used to love a little splurge in Primark but have struggled to find anything in the last year that I can actually get in & that fits well. I’m a size 16 and 5’4”....I tried on a gorgeous dress a few months ago...had to do an 18 because the 16 shoved my boobs under my chin 😂 but it was soooo long! It’s as though, the bigger dress size you are, the taller you have to be!

Everything is all sizes 6 & 8.....or 18 & 20. No inbetween.

Kids stuff....I’ll admit, I get quite a lot for my little boy but he grows out of everything so quickly I can’t be dealing with spending a fortune on clothes for him.

Home stuff....it’s got some amazing bits in! It is a guilty pleasure of mine 😂

• Haha
Most of the stuff is really cheap looking, thin see-through material, badly cut etc. But my 2 teenage girls have had some really nice things from there as well which have looked decent quality and been good prices. Always worth a look, but I prefer H&M (although their prices vary so much) and Sainsbury’s - just wait for the 25% off every couple of months, and decent stuff in their sales too.

Still shop there for bits like socks and the plain t-shirts because I don’t want to work in nice t-shirts because they get wrecked quickly in my work anyway.

But I agree about it going downhill. I remember even four, five years ago, I could wander around the menswear, spend £60 and have a basket full. Nowadays I don’t buy anything really. Used to be the best place for checked shirts, and I love a checked shirt, had a whole collection of Primark ones, grew out of them and could never replace them with ones I liked as much as Primark ones. They had great colours/patterns I loved. I remember a purple one in particular I still miss to this day. 😂😂😂