Is it just me that HATES Primark???

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like it but it's definitely getting a lot more expensive that it used to be. I've really noticed prices creeping up in the last year or so.

I wish they'd calm down with the Disney tit though. It's all over the place in there and on absolutely everything. It's like their target range all of sudden is 12 year olds.
That said I have a work colleague who recently spent over £400 in the Disney store on stuff for herself (no kids) She's 40 and personally I thought it was a bit sad, but I suppose whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: 4
I like “bits” in there - wrapping paper, earrings, candles, kids hair accessories, blankets etc but don’t buy any actual clothes.

Reactions: 1
I got a lovely dress and jacket last week iv been living in them since.
It’s good when your on a budget but I hate seeing people in top to toe primark it’s so cheap looking and I’m not being snobby it can look grubby.
I have the dress but with decent good quality boots it makes the difference.

Reactions: 2
I actually love primark but it depends on which store you visit whether or not you get a pick of the top range items. The bigger stores (London etc) have lovely stuff that’s similar to places like new look but a third cheaper but my local store (Brighton) is pretty lacking in the new stuff and always seems to be filled with t shirts and vest tops 🙄

I still think on the whole their prices are good especially for things like jumpers, jogging bottoms, shirts and blouses etc. Coats are always nice too. I hate the fit of their jeans though they are weirdly baggy round the crotch 😂 I stick to asos when it comes to bottoms.

I actually shop a lot in the men’s section of primark, they have nice basic sweatshirts for £6 in so many colours and I find the fit better than women’s. Same with jogging bottoms. I find the women’s too skinny fit so I get the men’s cuffed ones!

Those slogans 🙄 I agree it's not even that low cost anymore. Love H&M! They have got a lot better with sizing and quality..

p.s your Tattle name has me 😂😂😂
I love H&M too but their prices just confuse the hell out of me! I can pick up a t shirt and it’ll be like £39.99 then find a dress that’s £8.99! I can never tell how much something is going to be by just looking at it!

Reactions: 3
I love it for the underwear, socks, shoes, leggings, ie the basics but I do struggle to find any “nice” clothes. Nearly every top I looked at over the weekend was cropped 🙄

Reactions: 3
I tend to only shop in thiers for holiday bits, cheap tops and dresses for my daughter that will get ruined any way but its not my "go to" shop anymore

I buy some kids clothes and other bits and pieces but I rarely go in to look for clothes for myself.

I occasionally find a few nice bits in there but I feel like the quality has gone down but price has gone up. Not that it’s anywhere remotely expensive, but I’d rather pay a slightly higher price and shop for better quality in New Look

I like accessories such as gloves, makeup bags, kids hair bands, notebooks etc but I dont buy clothes in there. It's too hot and busy for me so I only go if I can get there early before the crowds

I like the accessories and fun socks but the clothes never fit me correctly

I like their hidden trained socks but the quality has got really bad. I’m getting a month or so and then my big toe is escaping. I go for multi packs of pants for my time of the month.
mum 6ft so nothing fits.
my 11 year old likes the pjs. It’s a bit hit and miss. I’ve been out with cousins and they’ve had primark In and looked great. I never seem to find anything.

Am I the only one that hates Primark?

Firstly, I actually do not think Primark is that cheap.. I find H&M cheaper and considerably better quality! Everything I have ever purchased in Primark has developed holes or fallen apart with in one or two wears! I cannot think of one item that has stood the test of time.

Secondly, I just find Primark stores too busy, filled with people in my way!

Lastly, I just find the whole concept of ‘throw away fashion’ so horrendous. Having watched documentaries on how some of these cheaper items have are made and the factories allowing their dyes from the fabric to leak into river causing harm to locals and the environment!

And.... if I have to see one more influencer show their “Primark haul” I’m going to scream.... I don’t care what tat you have in your brown bag!

Am I alone in this?
I completely agree. I won’t step foot in a Primark

I’ve never bought any clothes in Primark, their quality is appalling. I did however buy what I thought was a great make up powder brush but when I opened the packet the head fell off!! 😂 It’s that age old saying You get what you pay for!

I hate the whole concept of it, I've never bought anything there as cheap tat doesn't have any appeal for me. I walked in once out of curiosity and turned around and walked straight back out 30 seconds later! 😂😂😂

Reactions: 2
It’s good to burn 15 minutes when it’s chucking it down with rain. but the clothes are just not worthy. I will admit some of their home items look cute, I got the kids lunch packs in there and the odd sticking filler. I do wish they’d calm ther tits with the Disney/Hp/music slogan tee shirts it’s getting ridiculous

I rarely go in there, but I like their socks and underwear. They have some lovely throws/blankets too. The crowds drive me insane.

It's handy for cheap stuff for holidays and festivals !

Tbh apart from sudocream I think Primark is now the most famous Irish brand/ product now

I buy cheap hoodies occasionally but that’s it. It really is cheap tit.