Is it acceptable to wear white/cream to a wedding!!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mother-in-law actually text me a couple of weeks before my wedding and asked if she could wear ivory 😱 As in a full outfit!

I thought I’ll compromise and say she could use ivory accessories but not a full on outfit!

She then text back saying she wasn’t wearing ivory anyway as she already had her outfit but she just wanted to see if I would have allowed her to!🤬
What a witch!

No never acceptable to wear white or cream. It’s not that it would upstage the bride, for me it’s the principle.

Definitely not acceptable to wear white to a wedding unless your the bride. I had a friend dress her little girl up in a white flower girl dress to my wedding. It was an actual flower girl dress that her daughter had worn to another wedding when she was one . It was so awkward even the photographer thought she was a flower girl. I however might wear white to sister in laws wedding as a protest as she is a total twit.
What the duck? 😂 what did you say to her when her little girl showed up in a flower girls dress?

Reactions: 2
What a witch!

No never acceptable to wear white or cream. It’s not that it would upstage the bride, for me it’s the principle.
This was just one of many things she did to actually ruin my wedding day! Not spoken to her in 5 years 😂 If I had known what she was really like we would have just ran off and eloped and avoided all her drama.

Funnily enough she never mentions that we haven’t seen or spoken to each other in that time! It’s like I don’t exist in her world 🙄

So yeah... NEVER EVER WEAR WHITE TO A WEDDING as you’ll just end up looking like an attention seeking idiot 😂

Reactions: 1
If it doesn't look like a wedding dress, I can't get worked up about it, though I wouldn't wear white or cream to a wedding personally. I definitely wouldn't have worn what she did, that is very bridal looking!

Reactions: 4
I'm traditional - no white dresses, no cream dresses that could be taken as a wedding gown and no black!

Reactions: 3
There's so many dresses now, long, short etc all in lovely colours that wearing white or cream can easily be avoided.

Especially as the style for wedding dresses seems to be long/Boho almost maxi style that can be worn as a wedding dress if you wanted.

Why on earth you'd want to look like a bride on someone else's day I've no idea.

Just no.
My MIL wanted to re-wear her own cream wedding suit to my wedding 🤷‍♀️ Apparently I was very demanding to ask her not to 🤣

• Wow