Is it acceptable to wear white/cream to a wedding!!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with the white, but how do you know what colour the bridesmaids dresses are going to be?
Yep that's a tough one, I myself have turned up to a wedding in a very similar colour to the bridesmaids, I had no idea!! I actually felt really uncomfortable, the style was completely different but still felt bad

Reactions: 2
Home_with_rose I mean she looks lovely but id be pissed off if she wore that to my wedding, someone even commented oh you look like a bride yourself, she thanked them 🙄
My wedding dress was really really similar to what she’s wearing, I’ll be fuming if she turned up like that to my wedding.

My MIL purposely wore a nearly identical dress to my maid of honor (same colour too!). She had seen the dress before and she decided that she wanted to wear the same to be part of the bridal party. She looked ridiculous as she’s too big and old for that kind of dress. She made a fool of herself and it was one of the highlights of the day 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You’re all so polite 🥺
Rock up in this and get friendly with the photographer
😐 it’s to only way.

F4052467-CC04-4EFB-BA4D-AED89BC9F964.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s deleted all negative comments 🤷🏻‍♀️
If you are wearing white to a wedding you need to be prepared for criticism
Absolutely what did she expect?!? Noticed the comment of her thanking someone for her looking her a bride has gone too 😏

Reactions: 1
I’d never heard of this instagramer so went to have a look. Read the comments expecting to see at least 1 commenting on the colour and didn’t see any. Now I see it is because she has deleted them.

I am tempted to just reply with “congratulations on your wedding, you looked so beautiful” just to see what would happen 😂 I mean, she has just said what a beautiful wedding, not that it wasn’t hers.

I’d never heard of this instagramer so went to have a look. Read the comments expecting to see at least 1 commenting on the colour and didn’t see any. Now I see it is because she has deleted them.

I am tempted to just reply with “congratulations on your wedding, you looked so beautiful” just to see what would happen 😂 I mean, she has just said what a beautiful wedding, not that it wasn’t hers.
I was just about to say here someone should comment ‘oh my god congratulations!’ 😂😂😂

Could be worse, at least she wasn't the groom's mother

(future MIL is the one on the left)

1566508407803.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Definitely should have worn a veil or tiara for the full ME ME ME LOOK AT MEEEEE! effect.

She missed a trick there.

1566514019732.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Wow, why did she think it would be a good idea to wear white? Stick with a simply floral number 😬

I’ve always been taught you don’t wear white or cream.
I would never even dream of doing it as no matter what your dress is like other people would be talking about you.
Attention seeking at its finest.

Just had a look.....😳 that could easily pass as a wedding dress. What the hell was she thinking?!

It is just not necessary to wear white or cream as a guest, there's just no excuse! Even if they bride ends up wearing anything other the white, it is usually a surprise! There are so many colours and outfit options out there there is just no excuse for choosing to wear the traditional bridal colour. Maybe one day the tradition will die out but it is just not worth potentially upsetting someone who is probably anxious to make the best memories of their special day.

• Heart
Definitely not acceptable to wear white to a wedding unless your the bride. I had a friend dress her little girl up in a white flower girl dress to my wedding. It was an actual flower girl dress that her daughter had worn to another wedding when she was one . It was so awkward even the photographer thought she was a flower girl. I however might wear white to sister in laws wedding as a protest as she is a total twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 6