Is it acceptable to wear white/cream to a wedding!!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woken up this morning to the horror of an Instagrammer wearing a white flowy jewelled dress to someone else's wedding! If I was the bride I'm not sure I'd be too impressed, just me ??

• Wow
Reactions: 4
sw_danielle wore a white dress to a wedding recently and she got so much flack for it on her post she deleted it. Looked like a giant marshmellow anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think white or cream is fine as long as it doesn’t resemble a Bride’s or bridesmaid dress ; for example white clothes with black accessories.

No one is going to mistake who’s the Bride.

We need to know who!! I want to seeeee 😂
Home_with_rose I mean she looks lovely but id be pissed off if she wore that to my wedding, someone even commented oh you look like a bride yourself, she thanked them 🙄

I think white or cream is fine as long as it doesn’t resemble a Bride’s or bridesmaid dress ; for example white clothes with black accessories.

No one is going to mistake who’s the Bride.
It's very older Bride like, she wore the skirt when she was a bridemaid 😒

Just searched her never heard of her but that is not on what she wore!

Wayyyyy to similar to the boho looking wedding dresses you get!

Reactions: 5
Home_with_rose I mean she looks lovely but id be pissed off if she wore that to my wedding, someone even commented oh you look like a bride yourself, she thanked them 🙄

It's very older Bride like, she wore the skirt when she was a bridemaid 😒
Oh that’s not on.

Anyone watch Derry Girls when Aunt Sarah was a guest and turned up in a proper wedding dress 😁😁😁😁, very very funny .

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It wouldnt bother me.. I have wore cream to a wedding before! No one can upstage the bride!

My mother-in-law actually text me a couple of weeks before my wedding and asked if she could wear ivory 😱 As in a full outfit!

I thought I’ll compromise and say she could use ivory accessories but not a full on outfit!

She then text back saying she wasn’t wearing ivory anyway as she already had her outfit but she just wanted to see if I would have allowed her to!🤬

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
It wouldnt bother me.. I have wore cream to a wedding before! No one can upstage the bride!
I'm not sure that's true, especially if you don't know what style the bride has gone for, you could turn up wearing something very similar 🥺

Does it not bother you because you have worn cream to someone elses wedding? Were they ok with it?

No no no!!
Never acceptable to wear cream or white, this is something I really get wound up over. In the middle of wedding planning myself and I’m quite vocal on this lol

Reactions: 2
Never. I joked with my bridesmaids that anyone turning up in white/ivory/Cream was to be turned away, but I did actually mean it a little bit. Whether you think your dress looks bridal or not, wearing white etc to a wedding is incredibly poor taste.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I remember going to a wedding as a kid and a girlfriend of a friend of the groom turned up for the reception in a little white lace mini dress, like inappropriate for a wedding even if it was different colour - the bride completely kicked off. It always stuck in my mind since then to never wear white to a wedding (and never wear a tiny mini dress)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3