Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
I'm traditional - no white dresses, no cream dresses that could be taken as a wedding gown and no black!

Reactions: 3

Noseyatnumber9

Agree with the white, but how do you know what colour the bridesmaids dresses are going to be?
Yep that's a tough one, I myself have turned up to a wedding in a very similar colour to the bridesmaids, I had no idea!! I actually felt really uncomfortable, the style was completely different but still felt bad

Reactions: 2

Juliet

Chatty Member
My mother-in-law actually text me a couple of weeks before my wedding and asked if she could wear ivory 😱 As in a full outfit!

I thought I’ll compromise and say she could use ivory accessories but not a full on outfit!

She then text back saying she wasn’t wearing ivory anyway as she already had her outfit but she just wanted to see if I would have allowed her to!🤬
What a bitch!

No never acceptable to wear white or cream. It’s not that it would upstage the bride, for me it’s the principle.

Definitely not acceptable to wear white to a wedding unless your the bride. I had a friend dress her little girl up in a white flower girl dress to my wedding. It was an actual flower girl dress that her daughter had worn to another wedding when she was one . It was so awkward even the photographer thought she was a flower girl. I however might wear white to sister in laws wedding as a protest as she is a total twat.
What the fuck? 😂 what did you say to her when her little girl showed up in a flower girls dress?

Curly

VIP Member
No no no!!
Never acceptable to wear cream or white, this is something I really get wound up over. In the middle of wedding planning myself and I’m quite vocal on this lol

ClaireBear117

Never. I joked with my bridesmaids that anyone turning up in white/ivory/Cream was to be turned away, but I did actually mean it a little bit. Whether you think your dress looks bridal or not, wearing white etc to a wedding is incredibly poor taste.

• Haha

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
What a bitch!

No never acceptable to wear white or cream. It’s not that it would upstage the bride, for me it’s the principle.
This was just one of many things she did to actually ruin my wedding day! Not spoken to her in 5 years 😂 If I had known what she was really like we would have just ran off and eloped and avoided all her drama.

Funnily enough she never mentions that we haven’t seen or spoken to each other in that time! It’s like I don’t exist in her world 🙄

So yeah... NEVER EVER WEAR WHITE TO A WEDDING as you’ll just end up looking like an attention seeking idiot 😂

Reactions: 1

Mumofthree1225

VIP Member
sw_danielle wore a white dress to a wedding recently and she got so much flack for it on her post she deleted it. Looked like a giant marshmellow anyway 😂

• Haha

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I think white or cream is fine as long as it doesn’t resemble a Bride’s or bridesmaid dress ; for example white clothes with black accessories.

No one is going to mistake who’s the Bride.

Noseyatnumber9

We need to know who!! I want to seeeee 😂
Home_with_rose I mean she looks lovely but id be pissed off if she wore that to my wedding, someone even commented oh you look like a bride yourself, she thanked them 🙄

I think white or cream is fine as long as it doesn’t resemble a Bride’s or bridesmaid dress ; for example white clothes with black accessories.

No one is going to mistake who’s the Bride.
It's very older Bride like, she wore the skirt when she was a bridemaid 😒

String Man

VIP Member
Definitely should have worn a veil or tiara for the full ME ME ME LOOK AT MEEEEE! effect.

She missed a trick there.

1566514019732.png

• Wow