Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
My mother-in-law actually text me a couple of weeks before my wedding and asked if she could wear ivory 😱 As in a full outfit!

I thought I’ll compromise and say she could use ivory accessories but not a full on outfit!

She then text back saying she wasn’t wearing ivory anyway as she already had her outfit but she just wanted to see if I would have allowed her to!🤬

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Home_with_rose I mean she looks lovely but id be pissed off if she wore that to my wedding, someone even commented oh you look like a bride yourself, she thanked them 🙄

It's very older Bride like, she wore the skirt when she was a bridemaid 😒
Oh that’s not on.

Anyone watch Derry Girls when Aunt Sarah was a guest and turned up in a proper wedding dress 😁😁😁😁, very very funny .

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Lalobadee

VIP Member
Definitely not acceptable to wear white to a wedding unless your the bride. I had a friend dress her little girl up in a white flower girl dress to my wedding. It was an actual flower girl dress that her daughter had worn to another wedding when she was one . It was so awkward even the photographer thought she was a flower girl. I however might wear white to sister in laws wedding as a protest as she is a total twat.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Bossinglife

Chatty Member
Just searched her never heard of her but that is not on what she wore!

Wayyyyy to similar to the boho looking wedding dresses you get!

Reactions: 5

Noseyatnumber9

Woken up this morning to the horror of an Instagrammer wearing a white flowy jewelled dress to someone else's wedding! If I was the bride I'm not sure I'd be too impressed, just me ??

• Wow
Reactions: 4

memoii11

VIP Member
If it doesn't look like a wedding dress, I can't get worked up about it, though I wouldn't wear white or cream to a wedding personally. I definitely wouldn't have worn what she did, that is very bridal looking!

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
You’re all so polite 🥺
Rock up in this and get friendly with the photographer
😐 it’s to only way.

F4052467-CC04-4EFB-BA4D-AED89BC9F964.jpeg

• Haha

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
There's so many dresses now, long, short etc all in lovely colours that wearing white or cream can easily be avoided.

Especially as the style for wedding dresses seems to be long/Boho almost maxi style that can be worn as a wedding dress if you wanted.

Why on earth you'd want to look like a bride on someone else's day I've no idea.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Just no.
My MIL wanted to re-wear her own cream wedding suit to my wedding 🤷‍♀️ Apparently I was very demanding to ask her not to 🤣

• Wow

emmer_moans

VIP Member
It is just not necessary to wear white or cream as a guest, there's just no excuse! Even if they bride ends up wearing anything other the white, it is usually a surprise! There are so many colours and outfit options out there there is just no excuse for choosing to wear the traditional bridal colour. Maybe one day the tradition will die out but it is just not worth potentially upsetting someone who is probably anxious to make the best memories of their special day.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Kutikuti

Home_with_rose I mean she looks lovely but id be pissed off if she wore that to my wedding, someone even commented oh you look like a bride yourself, she thanked them 🙄
My wedding dress was really really similar to what she’s wearing, I’ll be fuming if she turned up like that to my wedding.

My MIL purposely wore a nearly identical dress to my maid of honor (same colour too!). She had seen the dress before and she decided that she wanted to wear the same to be part of the bridal party. She looked ridiculous as she’s too big and old for that kind of dress. She made a fool of herself and it was one of the highlights of the day 😂😂😂

• Haha

WizardAngie

I’d never heard of this instagramer so went to have a look. Read the comments expecting to see at least 1 commenting on the colour and didn’t see any. Now I see it is because she has deleted them.

I am tempted to just reply with “congratulations on your wedding, you looked so beautiful” just to see what would happen 😂 I mean, she has just said what a beautiful wedding, not that it wasn’t hers.

yelnats

I remember going to a wedding as a kid and a girlfriend of a friend of the groom turned up for the reception in a little white lace mini dress, like inappropriate for a wedding even if it was different colour - the bride completely kicked off. It always stuck in my mind since then to never wear white to a wedding (and never wear a tiny mini dress)

• Wow
  • Haha