Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #13 Consciously uncoupled from reality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don’t know what she has at this point—lawyers, agents, no idea. I get disoriented trying to keep up with her lies, I can barely read her Twitter anymore.

102E17AB-4F72-4BFC-B3ED-8EAA11BB0DA1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I wonder if she’ll up and leave, then, if they corner her. And then immediately take to Twitter about how they “attacked” her, which would then inspire her followers to come after Kyle & Jackie O. I bet they’re preparing to be hassled after the show, at least to some degree. Mighty brave, but doing the Lord’s work...
I really think this will be what happens. Alice hears and sees only what Alice wants to see and hear.
Eerily similar to my dad, who when actually confronted would threaten all sorts of things, incl some so disgusting that we had to call the police.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I really think this will be what happens. Alice hears and sees only what Alice wants to see and hear.
Eerily similar to my dad, who when actually confronted would threaten all sorts of things, incl some so disgusting that we had to call the police.
Mine would just play the victim. His MO is making everyone feel so guilty about challenging him that they never do it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Great thread title!

If someone wants to make a bit of money for Christmas they could publish a book about this. Licey has given us volumes of material. Most of it would be taken up with her contradictions.

Book titles could include:
I’m not the sort of woman to be unkind to others. Now go duck yourselves you bastards you’re blocked!

If there were twice the hours in the day and I could be arsed, I’d go through the stuff to highlight all the contradictions. But fortunately there aren’t so I’m off to have a non-contradictory lunch with some friends!
Ditto, having to now sadly really skim through the pages where I have no option but to eat, sleep, interact etc lol but have big fear of fomo and not picking up Alice's non stop contractions / own goals / lies.

Mine would just play the victim. His MO is making everyone feel so guilty about challenging him that they never do it.
On no, mine was angry and would never play the victim - he was in charge, what he said goes, he's the boss and rules / laws somehow don't apply to him

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Absolutely anyone can be a victim of coercive control. Anyone. It's not about being strong willed or weak willed.

And not all abusers are as obvious about it as AE is, either. It can be (and often is) extremely subtle and insidious.
Exactly this. It’s a long game. Very subtle, dressed up as love and care. Maybe it’s a move away from friends and family - a fresh start for the new couple! Then it’s ‘let me just check your phone/emails/have your passwords. People in love share everything, right?’ And always wrong-footing the person, making them feel ashamed, making themselves the victim. “Why are you phoning your mum again? You’re such a mummy’s boy. It’s embarrassing”. “You’re so boring. Lucky you’re handsome! Pity about your nose. God it’s a joke! You never used to be this humourless” etc etc etc. and on and on.

A great example is the Disney film Tangled actually! I talk to my kids about that one.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
So, to recap. There are actually some heathens who put milk in teacup/mug first😱. We've not done scones yet😬. Oh and the Fm's are terrified of Lice moving onto daily mail boards, where they won't be able to so obviously kiss malignant arse🤢

ETA fantastic thread title & thank you for new thread😘also am myself a heathen no offence meant in any regards

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I wonder if that radio show will call out her repeated (ridiculous) use of bogan.

Also it’s interesting, if a little sad, that so many people in these threads are victims of abuse, be it from parent or partner. I can’t think of a truer indictment of her behaviour.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Ditto, having to now sadly really skim through the pages where I have no option but to eat, sleep, interact etc lol but have big fear of fomo and not picking up Alice's non stop contractions / own goals / lies.

On no, mine was angry and would never play the victim - he was in charge, what he said goes, he's the boss and rules / laws somehow don't apply to him
Yep, I've known that type of narc too!!!

Underneath they're all the same, it just manifests in different ways. My Dad was SO subtle that it was really difficult to explain to anyone exactly what the problem was, you just knew that it wasn't OK. Made you feel crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Even if IG was and is an abuser, it’s not ok to become one because of it this excuse should wash with no one

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He almost certainly wasn't, you don't get two narcs together in a LTR. Narcs don't have any use for other narcs!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@pommobear yes you are so right about the subtle ones, and they and they can be worse because they can draw their (without a better word) victim in slower or possibly less obviously. I did not in any way want to belittle your comment, I am so sorry if I came across that way, it was not an intention at all x

Reactions: 7
@pommobear yes you are so right about the subtle ones, and they and they can be worse because they can draw their (without a better word) victim in slower or possibly less obviously. I did not in any way want to belittle your comment, I am so sorry if I came across that way, it was not an intention at all x
Oh no don't worry, I absolutely didn't take it that way at all!!! I was only making the point there are lots of different ways these people present themselves.

Reactions: 8
Oh no don't worry, I absolutely didn't take it that way at all!!! I was only making the point there are lots of different ways these people present themselves.
Oh totally there are lots of different ways these people present themselves.
Thanks for that, I just took an awful though. Take care x

Reactions: 7
So, to recap. There are actually some heathens who put milk in teacup/mug first😱. We've not done scones yet😬. Oh and the Fm's are terrified of Lice moving onto daily mail boards, where they won't be able to so obviously kiss malignant arse🤢

ETA fantastic thread title & thank you for new thread😘also am myself a heathen no offence meant in any regards
Yeah. Then it gets into the teabag and the yea is milky and vile and foul 😂😂😂😂 My partner once made me a mint tea with milk. Somehow I'm having his second kid when I should have popped him in bin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So when is this interview on? I mean. I really want then to lay into her but I don't think I'll happen. I think they'll be easy on her and then she'll get more sympathy. However if they do put her in her place, she'll be calm and collected then kick off on twitter when the wine and tramadol has kicked in.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t her father Welsh? That’s what I’ve seen her say on Twitter when someone queried her accent.

So IG’s parents disliking her for being English is another crock. I can’t imagine the relief they feel now he’s finally broken free

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Off topic, someone in an earlier thread said Ioan is Welsh for Ian. It's actually Welsh for John!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t her father Welsh? That’s what I’ve seen her say on Twitter when someone queried her accent.

So IG’s parents disliking her for being English is another crock. I can’t imagine the relief they feel now he’s finally broken free
Her grandfather I think.

oh I just know Alice is watching this on loop and punching the air

I love this.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She flat out called them racist.
I'm guessing they're retired so it wouldn't affect their jobs but you could get sacked over an allegation like that.
It could also cause some damage to their reputation. We know they're religious, can you imagine having to show your face in church with that hanging over you? They must already be humiliated by the car crash their DiL is causing without being publicly accused of racism.
That on top of being alienated from their grandchildren.
I'd sue.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.