Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #82 I’d rather be an unobtrusive lurker than an Alice Evans shirker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For me, because I lacked self confidence, never thought I was anything special and hadn't really had anyone "fight my corner" (I don't mean physically - more someone having my back or sticking up for me in any scenario of fairness) my relationship with who turned out to be abusive & controlling narc during our early days (love bombing?) I was just so in awe that someone so big strong and handsome could want to be with me. I had really "fancied" him for years before we got together, I knew him from the gym. He was so nice and kind and interested in everything that was me and my family. He turned up with flowers for granny and chocolates for mum. He would always have my back and it just felt like a great big cuddle physically and mentally. I felt really safe and was just the happiest I had ever been. I had a couple of warnings from friends, but I just thought that they didn't know him like I did. That I would take him as he treated myself and those I loved. So I put their warnings aside. The first year was great, but then when things then started going wrong I didn't want to admit it to those friends (or myself I suppose) even the start of things going wrong, i.e. Control I just took as his great care for me. I was really sucked in myself. Sorry for merail but seeing the early pictures of him with Alice I can relate
Happened to me also - exactly the same. Huge hugs to you xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Alcatone & The Bristol Massive Vs. Mama G & The Yo Stealing Ho

Next thread title suggestion. Yo Stealing Ho is from @priusrat from a thread back and it still makes me chuckle

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Since Alice is now "bedbound" 😉, I think that plays into the breakage. My Mom's stylist told her, lying back on the pillow all damn day was breaking off her hair, in the back! Her hair was always thin and fine. I believe nutrition to play a big role in the condition (not structure) due to drinking. If I was Alice, I would definitely wear a wig.

Wth is always up with her eyeliner/makeup? Does she just suck at basic application? OR whenever Mom would go on a bender, we knew because her eyebrows and makeup would be nuts, but she thought in her drunken haze, it looked normal.

Alice, go on youtube and watch how to apply makeup on older skin. I did, and I had to change up some things.

Reactions: 16
Anyone with a condition or disability shouldn’t have to speak about it so I understand her point there.

The film isn’t autobiographical - however, that being said it’s incredibly naive on Bianca’s part to assume she wouldn’t be asked about her knowledge and experience of this condition in future especially when promoting the film.

it’s odd that disabled peoples medical history appears to be fair game?

When someone goes up to a wheelchair user and says “what’s wrong with you then” you are asking for their private medical history and potentially asking them to relive a trauma (ie accident) in their lives.

also whilst I’m on my soapbox, disabled people shouldnt be seen as an inspiration or to be pitied. They are just living their lives like anyone else. They are not inspiring for going to the shops or getting on a plane. They’re just doing what you’re doing, just in a different way.
I am now off my soapbox. As you were
🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 36
as I’ve mentioned in previous posts I followed Ioan many years ago, mainly on ioanonline. Rl happened, and so did Alice and her antics that sickened and spoilt the fun. I forgot about them both until Alice was in the DM, and that led me here, where I lurked for many months, too shy to post. Anyway last year was not very easy for me my mother who has been a very independent and sociable widow started to act very out of character. She lives three hours drive away and because of lockdown I coypuldnt visi. My brother who also lives many miles from her was also worrie. Long story short we broke the restrictions and visited. Mum had completely lost the plot, was wandering around the town at night, had packed all her belongings, including her phone. After a stay in hospital she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. She is now well cared for in a lovely home, and we visit as often as we can. On top of this my mother in law’s health, she had suffered with Alzheimer’s for many years but has been cared for in her own home, deterio and we thought we were going to lose her last summer. She fought back many times since then, but passed away at the end of January. Throughout all this my best friend’s husband was diagnosed with, and died from bowel cancer. To cap a truly dreadful year we had to have our eldest, and beloved dog put to sleep last week. I have never, ever, felt so sad, there was no joy or light in my world. I was only just hanging in there. Then I found all of you lovely tattle turds. Reading your stories, your humour, kindness and support for each other, as well as laughing so hard I woke up “the hub” with my very loud chuckles. I read on here late into the night and it diverts me from the stuff I have to face and deal with IRL. You have all kept me sane. I don’t profess to have suffered in the way some of you have. I can only applaud and salute you for your courage and strength. I wish all of you joy, peace and happiness, even Alice, thank you from the bottom of my heart and long may the glorious Tattle Turds reign. Sorry for the long post, and as I’ve never attempted a spoiler before, I hope it woks
Always here for you, whatever you need. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Totally with you on this. Alice is the one who elevated Bianca's profile, she gave her a platform to talk about her MS. The film script was done and dusted by the time Alice became aware of Bianca. If anybody 'outed' Bianca's health condition it was Tattle from publicly available information. I am not excusing Alice btw, but give me a break, next Alice will have caused the MS in the first place
while we found out before Alice (via her moms then-public Facebook) I would definitely say that Alice is the one who actuallly really revealed it given her public profile and the terrible comments she made about it (the latter is where most blame lies). I'm actualy also not even sure if she found out via us, she clearly got into contact with people in Brisbane about her (e.g. she knew her husbands name).

Having said that, I dont understand people complaining about "outing" things that are public (even if not very open and even if likely not intentional), but maybe that is just me 🤷‍♀️

Totally disagree. Alice was the one who first publicly talked about her MS, not Tattle. And she used it to malign her as in, she’s faking, she’s using it to get attention …. Which is what you and Welp are also doIng: finding fault with her talking about her own medical condition because it seems she is using it get attention. (Which I also disagree with.)

It’s Bianca’s health/illness. If she wants to talk about it all day, everyday, that’s her prerogative. If she chooses to keep some or all of it private, that’s also her own choice. I don’t think anyone has a right to say she’s doing it correctly or incorrectly.
I never said any of this. She totally has any right to talk or not talk about it and I dont care if its for publicity or not. I just think her saying that her MS being made public forced her into that decision and otherwise she wouldnt maybe have done it (or stopped after the video) with a movie in planning about this subject sounds very naive, no?

Given the inconsistency (or the naivity, pick whichever you want) I get the impression that she tries to get a dig in against Alice (and if you look at the comments many people seem to think the same, even if they dont put a negative spin on it). Which, while it's understandable after everything Alice has done, is in my opinion not the greatest idea if her boyfriend targets peace in the long term.

Reactions: 9
Is she really that confident that Ioan will be kept in servitude to her for life? Is she mad?

Why is she still wasting her days on SM instead of looking for a source of income?

She’s ‘voluntarily underemployed’ and has been for years, she really needs to shape up.
She’d be good value/bonkers on UK reality tv shows like Big Brother and I’m a Celeb get me out of Here. I’d watch and I hate reality tv!

Obv not Ex On The Beach as I don’t think IG would be up for that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@ButterTart , our very own unobtrusive lurker liked your post 🎉 very eloquent post that summed up what I wanted to say but couldn't grasp the correct words.
@BingoFlamingo makes a good point as well saying about disabled persons medical history up being fair game. I suppose one could argue that since "being outed" and by going on to have posted her own videos and posts about it that it would garner attention and debate. From that, others might find her inspirational in the way she chooses to not let her disability hinder her ability to be positive and life affirming, not because of what she can do but because of her mindset maybe?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm not going to rag on Alice for talking about hair or dogs or kids. She seems to be trying to stay away from talking about her ex and is instead focusing her insults at us. Meh, we give way better than we get.

I think Bianca was being naive if she believed that when thrown into the middle of a tabloid scandal, posting about her MS would be a one and done deal no matter how it got revealed. She's writing a freaking movie about MS and it will be the focus of media attention on her and on her work for some time to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ancient history alert! That Eisteddfod ceremony ... I think Alice loathed it because she was used to Paris and what she considered glamour and sophisticated society (even if she herself was always as vulgar as one can be), and I can see her thinking that was OP and here is my boyfriend now in a sheep infested backwater, dressed in white robes with several odd fellas playing Gandalfs.
I kinda think you have to be either Welsh or be very interested in Wales or in folklore, folk history and the like, to appreciate Eisteddfod and similar traditions. I wonder what casual onlookers would think of the ceremony Ioan was in. Alice, I imagine, thinks she's too good for all this aynway.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
while we found out before Alice (via her moms then-public Facebook) I would definitely say that Alice is the one who actuallly really revealed it given her public profile and the terrible comments she made about it (the latter is where most blame lies). I'm actualy also not even sure if she found out via us, she clearly got into contact with people in Brisbane about her (e.g. she knew her husbands name).

Having said that, I dont understand people complaining about "outing" things that are public (even if not very open and even if likely not intentional), but maybe that is just me 🤷‍♀️

I never said any of this. She totally has any right to talk or not talk about it and I dont care if its for publicity or not. I just think her saying that her MS being made public forced her into that decision and otherwise she wouldnt maybe have done it (or stopped after the video) with a movie in planning about this subject sounds very naive, no?

Given the inconsistency (or the naivity, pick whichever you want) I get the impression that she tries to get a dig in against Alice (and if you look at the comments many people seem to think the same, even if they dont put a negative spin on it). Which, while it's understandable after everything Alice has done, is in my opinion not the greatest idea if her boyfriend targets peace in the long term.
You said: Maybe it is true but if you plan a movie about said subject and you made a video about your condition it's rather unlikely that it will be the last time talking about it lol

The implication in what you wrote is so what, she’s going to talk about it anyhow and use it to benefit her project. And what’s the big deal about her condition being outed. My point was that it’s her story to tell or not. So no, I don’t think she was naive. So what if it’s not the last time she talks about it? The forced reveal of her MS took away her right to control to whom and how she discusses it. It’s out there now. So yes, she may want to talk about it more. The problem with “outing” it is that it has implications for her future insurability, her job prospects, and her personal narrative. I have a chronic illness and I do not talk about it with many people. It’s my choice whether or not to discuss it. And I’d hate to think that people thought that if I was talking about it, it was to get sympathy or attention.

I’m not a fan of either Ioan or Bianca. I’ve never seen anything he’s been in and she’s his girlfriend, and all I know about her is what I’ve seen online. Frankly, given everything Alice has said and done, I don’t fault her for taking a dig at her. But I guess that must only be Alice’s prerogative.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

If the little digs that Bianca slides into things is the only way she's getting back at Alice then I would say well done. Alice has basically led a smear campaign against her and all her sycophants and her have been saying truly awful things about her. I don't think I could have held myself in check for as long as she has. Least the little digs are not all in out public crusade. Ioan may want peace but Bianca may also want to let Alice knows she's wise to her game.
I dunno. Maybe it's cause I know I couldn't have held my tongue for as long as Bianca has.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Anyone with a condition or disability shouldn’t have to speak about it so I understand her point there.

The film isn’t autobiographical - however, that being said it’s incredibly naive on Bianca’s part to assume she wouldn’t be asked about her knowledge and experience of this condition in future especially when promoting the film.

it’s odd that disabled peoples medical history appears to be fair game?

When someone goes up to a wheelchair user and says “what’s wrong with you then” you are asking for their private medical history and potentially asking them to relive a trauma (ie accident) in their lives.

also whilst I’m on my soapbox, disabled people shouldnt be seen as an inspiration or to be pitied. They are just living their lives like anyone else. They are not inspiring for going to the shops or getting on a plane. They’re just doing what you’re doing, just in a different way.
I am now off my soapbox. As you were
🤣
My dad always said to us we just speak a different language that’s all we were never ever treated as ‘deaf’ children … however I have massive empathy for anyone struggling or in pain and you don’t necessarily have to be classed as having a ’disabilty’ as lots of my able bodied friends have some awful things going on in their lives …
For me it’s being happy with your lot and having lots of love in your life.
And if that happens to be you need to join a group like this to get that support and love so be it ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.