Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #217 Digging out your minging old rags isn't vintage, it's just manky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, that's heartbreaking. He's basically saying that if it's in the girls' best interests psychologically he will step away. I don't think anyone will think it's in their best interest, thankfully.
I read this as he knows the kids will be taken away from Alice and he's going through all the delays to make it clear he gave their mother every possible chance to make it work.

I don't think he's willing to give them up at all or at least that doesn't feel that way to me. It almost feels like theater for the sake of the kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
That witch is toast. She can whinge and whine to her socks, she can dangle her carrot in front of Loopy (🤮), she can scream and yell and cry and vomit as much as she likes, it makes no difference. She's toast.
And we're all here for it, you lazy, vicious, foul-mouthed harridan. About time too! 🙌🙌🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 42
There’s very few people to weigh in or interview because the girls have nobody but their mum.

No grandparents. no aunts or uncles, no close family friends or godparents. Poor Ella had no teachers either for a year.

They’re so isolated it’s heartbreaking.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
I read this as he knows the kids will be taken away from Alice and he's going through all the delays to make it clear he gave their mother every possible chance to make it work.

I don't think he's willing to give them up at all or at least that doesn't feel that way to me. It almost feels like theater for the sake of the kids.
I agree. He’s asking for a custody evaluator - one with a psychiatric background, no less - because he’s confident in the outcome being in his favour. Alice opposes it for the same reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This bit is key.

Anne: “Mr. Gruffudd loves his children very, very much. Does not know what is in their best interest in this extremely complicated situation. And he is seeking the recommendation, the analysis assessment of a mental health professional and the recommendation as to the best interest of the children, taking into consideration some of the most complex facts and family dynamic situations that I’ve certainly ever seen in a custody case.

BIB 1. That's what we have been saying here for so long. The tit situation for the kids has festered for nearly 3 years and they can't simply move in with IG and BW given the PA. Ioan acknowledges that there is no simple answer here and he wants direction from the MH professionals.

BIB 2. Anne, despite all her experience with custody cases says "taking into consideration some of the most complex facts and family dynamic situations that I’ve certainly ever seen in a custody case". This is the polite way of saying that mAlice is one of the most evil and unreasonable parents she has ever come across. And she dealt with the Jolie/Pitt case, Britney etc. Or to put it another way, Alice is a bleep...

• Heart
Reactions: 72
"Anne states that they are seeking the appointment of Dr. Dupee as child custody evaluator because she is a psychiatrist and has the ability to make psychiatric assessments. One of the children’s therapists previously recommended a psychiatric assessment of Ella. Ioan believes that there are complications with Alice that will be assisted by having a psychiatrist as the child custody evaluator."

How does anyone else read this? Is this making reference to the suggestion of a psychiatric assessment of Alice as well as E, or is it purely about E?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
"Ioan believes that there are complications with Alice that will be assisted by having a psychiatrist as the child custody evaluator."

How does anyone else read this? Is this making reference to the suggestion of a psychiatric assessment of Alice as well as E, or is it purely about E?
My unprofessional opinion is that Ioan thinks Alice is mentally ill so he wants the evaluator to be qualified to make that judgement when considering custody.

”She be cray cray your honour” 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 66
"Anne states that they are seeking the appointment of Dr. Dupee as child custody evaluator because she is a psychiatrist and has the ability to make psychiatric assessments. One of the children’s therapists previously recommended a psychiatric assessment of Ella. Ioan believes that there are complications with Alice that will be assisted by having a psychiatrist as the child custody evaluator."

I think that’s a reference to Alice being the root cause of the estrangement due to her manipulative behaviour. She’s warped what those girls believe about their dad and a psychiatrist will be mindful of their trauma while conducting the assessment.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
That witch is toast. She can whinge and whine to her socks, she can dangle her carrot in front of Loopy (🤮), she can scream and yell and cry and vomit as much as she likes, it makes no difference. She's toast.
And we're all here for it, you lazy, vicious, foul-mouthed harridan. About time too! 🙌🙌🙌
Tell us what you really think! Oh Lordy, is it too early for wine? Def going to be a very, very long night...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I get the feeling life was pretty dysfunctional and isolated for a while before he left.

Either Alice was too much of a liability and mixing with people in a a normal way was impossible or depression had set in.

She’s an abusive bleep of the highest order.

Reactions: 31
he’s confident in the outcome being in his favour.
I didn't get that. Instead Anne acknowledged how "extremely complicated" it was. Dupee can evaluate both Alice and Ella as a psychiatrist. (Cue explosions from AE when this happens!) That's the big advantage in having her. IG doesn't need a psyche evaluation and hopefully Elsie isn't that far gone to need one.

• Wow
Reactions: 26

It doesn't need to be read as Al needs an evaluation, it's that Al's behaviour has had an effect on the children that they should have an evaluation by someone who has psychiatric expertise.

Reactions: 19
Alice after she loses custody and her socks have been investigated.

handmaid-101-shame-circle.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
There’s very few people to weigh in or interview because the girls have nobody but their mum.

No grandparents. no aunts or uncles, no close family friends or godparents. Poor Ella had no teachers either for a year.

They’re so isolated it’s heartbreaking.
I wonder if Ioan has ever asked his parents to give any kind of written statement regarding the family situation. Or Alice's Dad. Would this be relevant to an evaluator? Especially her Dad, speaking to Alice's earlier life etc

Reactions: 9

I think she's diplomatically saying that Alice is a nutbag.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.