Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Big Heart

But if you were running a 'legal and PR campaign' on SM against your ex and his partner surely you would be more careful in not completely contradicting yourself 🙈 :ROFLMAO:
Fair point
---
Think because she was telling people who she was, that may have been the issue. Not quite sure though, this all seems like a lifetime ago.
That’s how long this saga has been going on!
Ah OK, thank you

Reactions: 5

MotorheadLife

VIP Member
I know I have probably just missed this but are Ioans lawyers actively looking in to who the sock accounts actually are? If it does come back that it’s AE, will she face jail?

Reactions: 4

Loveu2

VIP Member
@Loveu2 said “She meant teenagers”.

oh yeah i realize she meant teenagers could cause teachers breakdowns but wondering if that reference wasn’t to direct experience to teenagers causing teachers grief (Malice as a teen or Big E although she isn’t quite a teen yet ).
Sounded to me like Alice implied that the girls would have a nervous breakdown and how would Bianca handle it.

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
you keep saying that because of this the judge might give Alice full custody, but this wont happen.
That's not what I or Weathergirl said. So I'm going to quote myself...

Again, it's complicated. Ella has agency and that's what complicates this. Elsie is also highly influenced by her and AE too.

Of course, as any parent knows, as children get older it can be difficult to make them do something they absolutely refuse to do. California courts have acknowledged this dilemma. In one case, a trial judge held a mother in contempt of court because her 14 year old daughter refused to visit with her father, in violation of the existing visitation order. But a higher court overturned that decision, citing the daughter's age and her "strong wishes" not to visit with her father, as well as a lack of evidence that the mother had the ability to force the teenager to obey the visitation order. (Coursey v. Superior Court (Coursey), 194 Cal.App.3d 147 (Cal. Ct. App. 1987).) This is why I fear it may be too late for IG. Too little was done too late, the PA rot set in and Ella will soon be 14. But at least he can say he fought hard for them, if they try to reproach him as adults. I just hope Judge Josh says he doesn't have to pay child support if he can't see the kids, or waives all AE's spousal support. She needs to be punished for what she did.
Like the Coursey case shows, custody orders can be violated. That's what has already happened and I don't see it improving that much.

• Heart
  • Sad

taybridge

I’d say Ella was well used to her mother being overly loud, shouty and dramatic but that was countered by her calm, measured father. The fact that she got so upset by him shouting at the TV during a match (which is totally normal) is very telling.
That was exactly my point in a previous comment in this thread about the football incident.

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
She really has fried her braincells, hasn't she? She'd have a job even getting into university these days judging by how hard she finds thinking nowadays. She's flailing around like a squid 🦑🐙 in a washing machine.

Malodorous and the Bumsmell Crew are a horrible example of what drink, drugs and disordered thinking does to your little grey cells.

🐄
I know that that the three D’s aren’t really amusing but imagining a squid with mAlice’s face flailing in a washing machine? 😆🦑

MotorheadLife

VIP Member
What happens if all the money in the house sale account is spent on lawyers etc, would Alice still get money from Ioan?

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
I believe that even if full custody is awarded to Ioan, this will not be the end of the matter as far as the court is concerned.
This is the crux of it. Ella is not a sack of potatoes that can just be moved around at will, no matter what the judgement says.

Endora

VIP Member
I don't know exactly when Bianca moved in with Ioan, but their relationship was "outed" in October of 2021, as we all remember.

View attachment 2417039

That was never enough time for him to integrate Bianca into his life with his kids, especially with visitation already starting to unravel. Maybe he should have planned better for things to fall apart, who knows? Let's hope that reunification therapy, if it takes place and is effective, can address some of these resentments.
Did Alice find out Ioan was seeing someone when she saw the instagram photo he posted? Sounds as if she learned Bianca's name elsewhere.

Reactions: 3

Loveu2

VIP Member
Did Alice find out Ioan was seeing someone when she saw the instagram photo he posted? Sounds as if she learned Bianca's name elsewhere.
I think she already knew he was seeing someone. I don't recall when I heard that tho.

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
you insisted that a judge must listen to the child directly
No I didn't. This is what a wrote copied from the article.
  • Children who are at least 14 years old must be allowed to address the court unless the judge specifically concludes that it wouldn't be in their best interests to do so.
  • Children younger than 14 may address the court only if the judge finds that it would be appropriate.
The above doesn't contradict what is further down the article.

Although children may be allowed to testify in open court, a judge might decide that would be too difficult or stressful for the child. If that's the case, the judge must still provide a way to hear the child's opinion. There are different ways of accomplishing this:
  • The judge may speak with the child in the judge's chambers.
  • The judge might also appoint someone to serve as a guardian ad litem to speak with the child and report back to the court about the child's preference.
  • Sometimes, particularly in very contentious cases, judges may decide that children need their own attorney to protect their interests.
The article quoted above is written in simple English so I don't get what points you are trying to score with the literary gymnastics. The article is clear enough so I'm not going to go over it again. Suffice to say, I agree with the article as it's based on California law.

---
it clearly says the child can only give their preference if the judge thinks it doesnt go against their best interest
LOL it doesn't.

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
I don't know if he's seen them 'alone' alone or if someone was always there. I do remember something about an excursion to a theme park that Ioan nixed because there would be a lot of people and might compromise Bianca's health. It did not go over well.
I meant without B. I know Iris has been present usually.

welp

VIP Member
1. I think he saw the RO for what it was - specious crap - but she was entitled to speak so it wasn't really about what he wanted.
2. Speaking to the Judge in the Judge's chambers, is still speaking to the Judge. Alternatively they can speak to the GAL who can be the voice of the child in court. This doesn't mean the GAL has to agree with whatever the child says. I know Ella has issues, but they can't not consider her views or Elsie's for that matter. Consideration doesn't mean agreement like I said. What 'standard' does Ella not meet?
3. Doubtful but we'll see. MOO
"standard" as in the above mentioned maturity (in this case caused by manipulation). again, 14 isnt some magic number where all changes (as various law site also state), it's just where they roughly believe you are mature enough to state a preference (hence why then the judge must state in record why he thinks they are not) not because you just want to escape disciplined parent or some shit. a 13 year old may be considered mature enough and a 15 year old not.

What I expect in this case at most is that the GAL may mention the preference but also state why they think the child states this preference which can render it basically useless (eg disciplined parent). I strongly disagree with you that this judge will let her speak in open court (this is rather rare anyway), especially with a GAL already appointed and consindering the nature of this case. it would be a very bad judge, especially since he already saw this mess in action with the RO.
That's not what I or Weathergirl said. So I'm going to quote myself...
I was only adressing weathergirl with this since they bemoaned to be shut down in the past. i recall them saying that in the UK Ioan would probably get no custody awarded by a judge, that's mainly why people disagreed. That Ioan will struggle to enforce his time with his kids when awarded is something hardly anyone denied