Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
We don't have them in Ireland.
We just have antigen or PCR test.

And no one is expected to take these tests to go to a bbq in someone's garden

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
Just seen this and need to know if the party went ahead. I would have made my excuses and not gone if I and the other guests had to actually fund the whole party. Cheeky cow.

hiya_hun

VIP Member
I think the list is cheeky.

If I hosted a bbq I would provide most of the stuff and just say bring anything specific you want for yourself based on either just your own tastes or dietary requirements or whatever.

I think if they’re so worried they are asking you to do a lateral flow then they probably shouldn’t be hosting a get together - especially with people that don’t all know eachother anyway.

Maybe just say a day or two before you’ve had a notification to isolate 😬

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I wouldn't have a problem with taking the lft or bringing a dish but I have been to many parties where we all bring a dish but it is usually decided beforehand who is bringing what so that there isn't multiples of things.

Facehugger

VIP Member
I think it's more the fact you've been TOLD you've got to do a LFT if you want to attend & like you say, in a social setting with people you don't know is a bit odd. Why can't you do a test at home beforehand & log your result so you get the NHS text you can show her when you get there? I'd not be sticking bloody swabs down my throat poking about & gipping in front of strangers either.

The food thing is ridiculous, if she's having a party she should be catering for you, how rude. Fine to take any extras you want & your drink.

My biggest thing would be the fact she'd given out my number to strangers without my permission. That's not on, I'd be really cross. So all ways round I'd say you need to stop at home and save yourself all the hassle 🤣

Rxt156

VIP Member
We don't have them in Ireland.
We just have antigen or PCR test.

And no one is expected to take these tests to go to a bbq in someone's garden
I googled antigen. It’s looks the same as lateral flow test.

Regular testing takes place to find asymptomatic people

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I’m learning so much about the OP from her recent activity … a hate for nude wedding dresses, a love for smoothies, an interest in adult ADHD, a great dislike of Gordon Ramsay and the fact she had a small wedding … but why no update on the party of the year 😂
Baby names I hate thread + I will never buy from too.

Very traditional

VIP Member
It's a bit odd. If it's a pre-arranged thing and we decide to have a get together and share out the food duties so one person isn't stuck on organising and preparing everything then that's different but I can't imagine a bring your own bbq at all, and if it's because of Covid then you'd need to bring your own utensils too or one everyone would be handling everything. If I'm hosting I always just say bring a bottle if anyone asks what they can bring as I would rather know I had everything covered then rely on other people who may flake or bring the wrong thing (I am a bit control freak like with food though) Might be worth just asking what's happening, could be she's trying to please everyone/ someone and is having a nightmare and needs a hand.