Inthefrow #15 A Northern Bee will sell anything for a Fee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what does the term "so swings and roundabouts" mean? Sorry I am from the states.
Who knew this wasn't a saying in the US? It means one thing is bad but another thing is good. So the price is bad but the fish and chips were good. I'll be honest I'm not sure how it makes sense but it sort of does. I'm sure the Internet has a better explanation than this.

Reactions: 11
Deceptive much? Trying to hide the free hotel by blending the text in with the busy wallpaper and then flaunting spending an extortionate amount on fish and chips whilst people are struggling to feed their families due to inflation.

She is actually ridiculous.
😡😡😡 Oh hell no. The ASA sent me an investigation update about the 4 JC ads that she marked with “a d.” They are reaching out to the brand and Vic. It’s about time. I’m tired of the lying. I hope JC re-evaluates any future booked work with her. She is such a shady piece. Notice, when high fashion influencers like Tamara, Leonie, Caro, Xenia, work with the same brands, they don’t cover up or manipulate that they are working on pod ad campaigns. Vic needs to stop playing games and being so desperate.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32
😡😡😡 Oh hell no. The ASA sent me an investigation update about the 4 JC ads that she marked with “a d.” They are reaching out to the brand and Vic. It’s about time. I’m tired of the lying. I hope JC re-evaluates any future booked work with her. She is such a shady piece. Notice, when high fashion influencers like Tamara, Leonie, Caro, Xenia, work with the same brands, they don’t cover up or manipulate that they are working on pod ad campaigns. Vic needs to stop playing games and being so desperate.
Well done.

I honestly don’t understand why she (and tbh so many others) want to hide when it’s an AD? Why try and hide it? And surely the brand wouldn’t want it hidden? Are they honestly trying to have a career of blagging freebies and then try and make out that they haven’t? Is that the expectation? I really am confused as to what this “influencer” thing is about! Are they just too lazy/greedy to get a proper job?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Who knew this wasn't a saying in the US? It means one thing is bad but another thing is good. So the price is bad but the fish and chips were good. I'll be honest I'm not sure how it makes sense but it sort of does. I'm sure the Internet has a better explanation than this.
According to Merriam-Webster, the phrase means 'two choices or situations are basically the same because they have an equal number of advantages and disadvantages'. I agree when you say it sort of makes sense but doesn't quite feel like she's used it correctly - I am from the UK and it's a phrase I use all the time, but it felt clunky when she used it here, and even though it's technically not wrong, it feels like it is.

Maybe it's just because I'm so used to her talking pish that I'm expecting it to be wrong because it's Vic :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
According to Merriam-Webster, the phrase means 'two choices or situations are basically the same because they have an equal number of advantages and disadvantages'. I agree when you say it sort of makes sense but doesn't quite feel like she's used it correctly - I am from the UK and it's a phrase I use all the time, but it felt clunky when she used it here, and even though it's technically not wrong, it feels like it is.

Maybe it's just because I'm so used to her talking pish that I'm expecting it to be wrong because it's Vic :LOL:
I don't think she's used it correctly... if she'd shown 2 plates of food eg fish and chips and curry as a choice then yes but fish and chips or 50 pounds....er no.

Reactions: 10
I see. thank you for explaining!!

Reactions: 5
Well done.

I honestly don’t understand why she (and tbh so many others) want to hide when it’s an AD? Why try and hide it? And surely the brand wouldn’t want it hidden? Are they honestly trying to have a career of blagging freebies and then try and make out that they haven’t? Is that the expectation? I really am confused as to what this “influencer” thing is about! Are they just too lazy/greedy to get a proper job?
And in the year of our Lord 2022, with influencers having been around for over a decade and the curtain having been pulled back on the industry over the past few years, WE bleeping KNOW ITS AN AD. Why spend valuable time trying to figure out new and shady ways to hide her paid for content? Is it because she’s embarrassed because EVERY.SINGLE. piece of her content is paid for now?! I don’t think she does any “organic” content anymore. Even the Hermès makeup Reel - she didn’t pay for the stuff herself; she got it (most likely free) through her paid partnership with Flannels, but made it feel like she was doing her followers a service reviewing the makeup.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Bored out of my mind today so watched Allana’s London vlog and these designer diaper shorts with the Gucci corset look. Still can’t get over it 😂😂😂

D1BA5016-B626-4AF5-9633-E3AD1DAB805B.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
So the pair of them with literally thousands in their bank accounts. Spent a whole week free in a hotel that would cost us more mortals an arm and a leg to do the same. WHY????? Why do these hotels do this?? Influencers are just pure bleeping greed. Posing and twirling and all the while getting more free tit throwing at them. Cornwall is busy busy busy the hotel certainly doesn't need them it is a popular hotel. I'm fuming. Also fuming at these two leeches

• Angry
Reactions: 25
What the hell is up with this photo? The aspect ratio is all off. Why girl, why.

View attachment 1442920
Certainly unflattering for sure. I guess the boy was too busy to take much time with the shot.

And, I love, “I took time off.” When is she not taking time off? Does she really think she works? Ugh - so despicable and easy to really dislike.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So someone must’ve gotten her ASA letter - but I’m pretty sure she’d still need to label that an “ad” because it’s not posted from her lame frow presets account and on her main influencer on

Girlie just keeps trying to make fetch happen with those filters doesn’t she 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The sneaky hidden ads is like she’s embarrassed that this is her job.
so many influencers complained when ASA changed the rules about gifted and own brand posts needing to be labelled as ads and it’s like if you don’t want to do the job properly then find another job 🤷🏻‍♀️
the fact she’s promoting the presets on that story means it should still be labelled as an ad.

Reactions: 19
The sneaky hidden ads is like she’s embarrassed that this is her job.
so many influencers complained when ASA changed the rules about gifted and own brand posts needing to be labelled as ads and it’s like if you don’t want to do the job properly then find another job 🤷🏻‍♀️
the fact she’s promoting the presets on that story means it should still be labelled as an ad.
Exactly.

But sorry Vicky — you’re not a “boss babe” with a clothing line like you wanted. You’re not Victoria Beckham. You’re a tawdry influencer shilling affiliate links and ads. Face the facts and follow by the rules.

Reactions: 12
I feel like a lot of influencers Vicky included. Who seem to have a lot of shame over not being more famous or a bigger deal. Like most of us in this world are not famous or important. No matter how much you talk yourself up on social media, it is still just social media and not real life. Got to be happy with yourself and the life you have. Nothing wrong with working to change things if you are unhappy. But people like Victoria just seem to act like they deserve to be handed this life of leisure and luxury. It isn't fair that some people are born into that but at the end of the day what is important is having friends/family/good relationships. Being rich or important doesn't mean you are happy.

I feel like every influencer needs a gratitude journal , that really helped me when I was super unhappy. Getting the next big thing, or the newest handbag, or a bigger house won't make you feel better in the long term.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.