Inthefrow #15 A Northern Bee will sell anything for a Fee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I see, Vicky is a deeply deeply troubled person. Her sense of self-worth is purely external and dependent on people lathering her with praise or luxury freebies. When she's left alone with her thoughts, she is clearly so uncomfortable in her skin and doesn't think she's good enough.

And hey I get it. She's not blind and probably observes the same things we all do about how she fails to keep up with the likes of Leonie, Caro and even Tamara at this point whose careers are ahead of hers. But she needs to have a come to Jesus moment and accept that she made different choices and is on a different path! She needs to step into her own again like she did when she first started her blog and youtube. People see through her fakery and if she'd just learn to accept and love herself, that confidence and steadiness in her skin she once had before trying to be miss luxury would creep back in and probably help her both emotionally and professionally.

Right now, the amount of time her mental health is in the trenches and she's triggered by social media is not normal. We all have odd days now and then but hers are definitely more pronounced. There could be past unaddressed traumas to this or even hereditary issues -- but no matter what she would benefit from therapy.

Alex is a moody one too but I think he's at least been seeking professional help on that. Vicky's seems willfully obtuse and denial over what's so EASY to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yeah if it's obvious to us (people who only see parts of her life that she chooses to share) that she needs help, then people in her life and even herself should be aware of this. I'm really surprised she hasn't gotten any professional help, I feel like everyone/anyone can benefit from therapy.

All her captions are about how she hates this or that about herself, or wants to hide this or that, how people are bringing her down etc. Like, why don't you just try to bring your own self up instead of relying on others to do it?! Her captions make her sound like she's in middle school.

Sorry a little off point, but I'm honestly surprised that she would even try to compare herself to Leonie, Caro, Tamara - these girls are on a whole different playing field. I would honestly compare Victoria to Lily Pebbles or Anna Edit. Even at Victoria's peak Gleam days, she was never even on the same level of Tanya Burr or Niomi Smart - and that's saying a lot.

Reactions: 15
That’s how it’s coming across. Would be furious with this caption if I was the brand!!
I certainly would be, too. She completely forgets that it’s about the brand and making it look good rather than how she feels about herself on any given day.

Reactions: 11
Does anyone know else find it odd that a 32+ year old woman has issues you’d expect to see more in your adolescence? She strikes me as very emotionally immature

But as much as we see her moan, we never see her talk about ways she’s taking accountability for herself. It’s always a poor me attitude

Reactions: 18
It’s also possible some of those “mental health days” are fighting with Alex. Some of my fights with my former partner were not pretty. And those fights absolutely left me in a bad head space.

We all know they are at an impasse about kids. And their relationship wasn’t very strong from the start. Alex may not want to leave her because of the money and lifestyle, but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t resent the tit out of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Does anyone know else find it odd that a 32+ year old woman has issues you’d expect to see more in your adolescence? She strikes me as very emotionally immature

But as much as we see her moan, we never see her talk about ways she’s taking accountability for herself. It’s always a poor me attitude
I think it's mostly lack of a proper job or any personal interests. If she had a job that required her to think about something other than herself she'd have less time to dwell on things.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I also think she had honestly doesn't know where she fits in the space anymore. She tries so hard to be a luxury brand influencer, but when she moved outside of London and left Gleam, she lost relevance. She's just shilling whatever she gets for free that there is no continuity to her channel. Her fashion is all over the place, and always misses the mark. Her makeup looks clownish more often than not. Her house is a disaster of different styles in each room and then the garden is another bad deisgn. As much as Lydia is problematic and a bully and has her own host a mile long of problems, she knows her lane fashion wise, house wise etc. She's decided that her brand is this "English Countryside Grandmother" bullshit and is sticking to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
LOL she always dresses for a different season 🤣
I live in Sweden and was cringing so much by her dress choices in Finland. Nothing was appropriate. It was clearly cold and rugged terrain but still she wore a skimpy yellow dress with a pair of Bottegas mules that were one step away from a twisted ankle.

Reactions: 14
Oh, I thought she was showing that one color looked good with 5 different outfits 😂😂😂
Oh yikes! I was actually coming here to compliment the reel cause I really enjoyed it 😂 but I thought she was showing one lipstick, 5 outfits!
Tbf that’s not really on her, that’s on Valentino for creating 5 lipsticks that look identical 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.