Interior Design masters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely though Alan Carr could do a fun spin on that side of things with another more charismatic host?
Feel like the Beeb/production company need to get us all in to pitch our ideas 😂
Even then, would the 'tower block traceys' care about the intricacies of interior design compared to stupid people and pretty colours. A bit like how the apprentice is now so far removed from being a business programme. The focus is on entertainment rather than enterprise and creativity.

Even Bake Off I think suffered when it got big. They used to do history segments of different bakes but I'm pretty sure they don't anymore.

Reactions: 18
I’ve got a sneaky suspicion Roisin might win, purely because of the prize. I can’t imagine Matt or Anthony with a high street soft furnishing line.
Anthony could have a range of removable backsplashes and Matt soundproof headboards. The prize this year is poor. Monika got a range of furniture last year but separate to the main prize because it was one of her signature styles.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m fully expecting flowery cushions, green throws and bobbly frames and mirrors to be hitting the shops shortly!

Reactions: 5
I loved the previous concept of the show telling us about the architecture of the building and working with that. I’ve said on here before that Sophie Robinson and Kate Watson-Smyth would make a brilliant pairing. Both have humour and completely different styles but with a true understanding of design and brief. I miss the interaction with the client and mood boards etc. This show, after all, is literally named interior design challenge and surely working with clients is part of that challenge?!

Reactions: 19
Francesca seems so unbelievably desperate to make ✨qUiRkY✨ her whole personality but it comes across so try-hard, especially with that silly voice. So glad to see the back of her.

Reactions: 21
Francesca seems so unbelievably desperate to make ✨qUiRkY✨ her whole personality but it comes across so try-hard, especially with that silly voice. So glad to see the back of her.
Just seen people kicking off on the interior design masters insta because her husband is calling people trolls for saying they didn’t like her design 😬 I get sticking up for you wife but if she’s serious about interiors surely that’s doing her no favours…

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Just seen people kicking off on the interior design masters insta because her husband is calling people trolls for saying they didn’t like her design 😬 I get sticking up for you wife but if she’s serious about interiors surely that’s doing her no favours…
How messy the contestants are getting on SM is the most interesting thing about the series this year

• Haha
Reactions: 20
They shouldnt have gone on the show if they are their self confidence is that low. What do they expect will happen? Of course people will have an opinion on them as people and the designs they create. They need to toughen up and stop crying on socials because people are not keen.

Reactions: 21
This would be the optimum time for him to be capitalising on the exposure, showing off his work as people search for him and look him up etc

But no, instead he is showing that 8 months on he is still bitter and hasn't refocused his energy or used that negative experience to channel a new energy in his work to prove people wrong.

Reactions: 26
To be fair I have been a victim of stitch ups, a couple of which were detrimental to my career. It rankles, the unfairness.

However, I do think his need for a wrong to be right is not helping his professional career as a designer.

🤦
Honestly talk about self sabotage. Almost everybody agreed he should not have gone that week. But the way he is carrying on is making people think Michelle was right, and there was more to her decision than met the eye due to his attitude.

He probably wouldn't have got much further anyway. And the exposure he got from his time in the programme could have been a really good advert, but he's ruining it for himself now.

ETA also his coming up with proof next about his ideas for the cafe seems like he's going to drag Francesca into it - if so it is totally unfair and unprofessional. She may annoying but she doesn't deserve that. It wasn't her decision.

Reactions: 17
To be fair I have been a victim of stitch ups, a couple of which were detrimental to my career. It rankles, the unfairness.

However, I do think his need for a wrong to be right is not helping his professional career as a designer.
Surely it’s better to leave these things early as a ‘was robbed’ than to bang on and have people think there may have been a reason.

Reactions: 15
He really is undoing all the positive publicity he got from the show with these constant snipey posts. I thought his work was great but I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole now if I was considering someone for some design work 😳