Instasham - when will it end

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s an ASA requirement. It means they were given the item with no obligation or payment for mentioning it. Like you say it amounts to “I haven’t paid for this but you definitely should because it might end up as a paid campaign for me” :rolleyes:
Thanks for clearing that up, might pop down the shop and post a pic of me eating a snickers #NotGifted 🤣

So I unfollowed my friend (the I want to be insta famous instamum) I got so fed up of her playing up to the camera, a shadow of the girl I knew. And I still couldn’t avoid the gifted nonsense, I met up with her for a Christmas drink and she was boasting about how she was gifted a personalised bag that should cost £60 for her man and she wrapped it up and gave him it for Christmas. FML it’s unavoidable
Following on from this, I got a text message from her 🙈 basically asking why I unfollowed her as every follower counts to her while building up her brand 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I can't wait for this over-saturated influencer game to end. Brands are ruining their reputations. They don't know who they are working with - they get agencies to do it for them. Giving away stuff for free is completely devaluing brands. I don't think I will ever buy from Joules or The White company again. #ads are saturating Instagram It's supposed be a fun lighthearted app. Kids are being used "stand over there for Mummy in your matching shirts.....and....smile, quick quick Mummy needs a photo to earn a quick buck"

What the f**k are we inspiring our kids to be. No wonder there is a lack of doctors, midwives.

I hate that my girls are growing up in this world.

What's next? I can't begin to imagine. I think it's sad, Don't u? I'm scared for their future.
Every single word you have said! I have stopped buying from Boden, The White Company, Joules, Crew Clothing and Jo Malone.

My list is increasing everyday. I am not going to go to work every day to fund these floggers their gifted items

I'd love to see an instagram page that names and shames every brand that gifts these gobshites, what they are gifted and how much it would cost an ordinary person.
That might open a few eyes.
I would LOVE every advert that the floggers post to declare bore much they have received. That should open a can of worms! All the “instachums” will start turning on each other

I completely, 100% agree with you!!!

I wish there was a documentary on this. It's such an odd and disgusting part of human behaviour all this social media influencer stuff. All posed and contrived and rubbing it in the faces of hard-working people who have REAL jobs!
Louis Theroux would be perfect for this

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I can't wait for this over-saturated influencer game to end. Brands are ruining their reputations. They don't know who they are working with - they get agencies to do it for them. Giving away stuff for free is completely devaluing brands. I don't think I will ever buy from Joules or The White company again. #ads are saturating Instagram It's supposed be a fun lighthearted app. Kids are being used "stand over there for Mummy in your matching shirts.....and....smile, quick quick Mummy needs a photo to earn a quick buck"

What the f**k are we inspiring our kids to be. No wonder there is a lack of doctors, midwives.

I hate that my girls are growing up in this world.

What's next? I can't begin to imagine. I think it's sad, Don't u? I'm scared for their future.
I think as with everything it will stop being cool and kids will turn their backs on it. Kids always rebel against mainstream culture, so the most productive thing we can do is offer them a choice, show things like minimalism, intellectual pursuits, sustainable living, love of nature, real relationships, modesty, moderation, perfecting a skill, less is more, as long as it’s packaged in an appealing aesthetic, and people their age and cool adults are doing it, it has a chance to counteract this consumerist nightmare.

More bleeting about this forum from Insta mums. Apparently they work hard for their profiles and content (takes photo, adds filter, adds hashtags, press send) must be totally exhausting. Thoughts and prayers sent

• Haha
Reactions: 11
More bleeting about this forum from Insta mums. Apparently they work hard for their profiles and content (takes photo, adds filter, adds hashtags, press send) must be totally exhausting. Thoughts and prayers sent
😂 which little ickle, hard-working one is complaining now?

Reactions: 1
I’m really sorry but I just need to rant!! I am so bloody fed up of all the fake and contrived instagrammers out there. Why the crap would I want to see pretentious, posed shots of people eating out for free and being gifted no end of stuff when they can bloody well afford it themselves. Lauding it up over people who can’t afford to live the lifestyle that these people get for free by lying and posing their way through life?

I have a friend who has become an instagrammer. Having close to 10k followers now and I’m so sick of the fact that I can see them posting about ten times in a day when I wait about a week for a reply to a personal text. Our friendship is now non existent and I wonder if they realise they are losing real friendships to ‘the gram’.

I’m also annoyed at the fact that people can delete negative comments which are made. Just seems to fuel self important, narcissistic people feeling entitled to love themselves that little bit more. I am absolutely fed up and think this is having such a deterimental impact on people. It’s all so fake and superficial. Drives me mad! Sorry - I said it would be a rant!! Haha!!
Omg I love this - agree with everything you said! I really wish they could not delete comments (that would be very interesting). As it stands these narcissists only receive positive comments from their fellow narcissists and sucker uppers! They have to read Tattle to hear the truth, which they don’t like and regularly call people on here Trolls or pond scum! I would love it if there was a feature which meant everytime they tagged an #ad or a swipe up, you know instantly how much they are profiting from it. If this was made transparent, I think the sheep would think twice about helping them to make their money.

Omg I love this - agree with everything you said! I really wish they could not delete comments (that would be very interesting). As it stands these narcissists only receive positive comments from their fellow narcissists and sucker uppers! They have to read Tattle to hear the truth, which they don’t like and regularly call people on here Trolls or pond scum! I would love it if there was a feature which meant everytime they tagged an #ad or a swipe up, you know instantly how much they are profiting from it. If this was made transparent, I think the sheep would think twice about helping them to make their money.
And then they have the cheek to criticise Instagram for changing its algorithm so there posts don’t get seem as much 🙈

😂 which little ickle, hard-working one is complaining now?
😂😂 I really should thank her seeing as she was the reason I found Tattle in the first place. Her account was mentioned in a “most annoying Instagramers” thread which looks like it’s been taken down since and she went on a massive rant about it in her Story calling everyone on her pond scum and how she wanted nothing to do with anyone who was on here. So I thought oh god I wonder what’s been said so I looked it up and to my amazement what was said was true (cringey as f*ck content, looking for freebies and wants her And her boy to find Insta-fame) 😂😂 and discovered a lot of like minded people so I’ve stuck around. Don’t want to name her account and give her the attention she so desperate for but she soon changed her account name so no one on here could find it

Reactions: 2
I joined instagram way back when it first came on the scene. At that time it was all about the different filters to make your photos look pretty and I wasn't interested in having any followers, also, at that time there wasn't really any influencers or celebs signed up. However, now almost every "celeb" is on instagram trying to flog us something or to show us how materialistic their life is. One thing that I really dislike is the insta stories where a celeb will constantly ask a yes no question or to swipe up because they are desperate from more engagement and more followers. I no longer follow any celebs but I obviously see things when looking through. No wonder people are suffering from mental health more so than ever and I really really worry about how exposed kids are and what they are exposed to on there.

Reactions: 10
Every single word you have said! I have stopped buying from Boden, The White Company, Joules, Crew Clothing and Jo Malone.

My list is increasing everyday. I am not going to go to work every day to fund these floggers their gifted items

I would LOVE every advert that the floggers post to declare bore much they have received. That should open a can of worms! All the “instachums” will start turning on each other

Louis Theroux would be perfect for this
That would be fabulous choice!!!

It’s not just celebs ‘selling’, it’s those with interiors/ fashion accounts that have the endless ads and swipe ups too. Using their kids to help sell products. I don’t like how IG has changed. Accounts I used to follow have now changed into ‘business accounts’, trying to make money from selling anything and begging for freebies!

Sick and tired of all these "aesthetic mamas" instagram with their homemade baby food, wood toys, hemp baby slings, etc. There's nothing wrong with the lifestyle, but I hate all the super posed, over edited photos with the condescending earth mama captions.

Reactions: 10
Sick and tired of all these "aesthetic mamas" instagram with their homemade baby food, wood toys, hemp baby slings, etc. There's nothing wrong with the lifestyle, but I hate all the super posed, over edited photos with the condescending earth mama captions.
I hate Insta mamas full stop. Too think I used to complain about people taking picture of food for Insta, how I long for those days now.
I would actual pay a monthly premium to Instagram to block anything with #ad or #gifted in it

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Read somewhere that 2020 is the year that we see the end of the influencer.

Well, let’s bloody hope so!!

Reactions: 11
Behind every perfectly put together picture is a mental health struggle.....
They have nothing better to do with their time
Thats the reality

• Heart
Behind every perfectly put together picture is a mental health struggle.....
They have nothing better to do with their time
Thats the reality
They are mostly narcissists or perfectionists that require constant validation to make them feel happy, but often, that fulfilment is short-lived, and so the cycle continues. Frankly, I think it is exhausting, and I’d much rather live my life naturally, unstaged and privately. I’m much healthier and happier for it. Yes, it sickens me how much they consume and show off, but like you said, behind it all, they’re probs struggling with their own poor self worth and ill mental health.

I work in CBT. I can see this isn’t healthy. I despair of the impact on the wider community and society as a whole, but hopefully through better education and awareness, this insta-sham can be overcome.

• Heart
Just saw an account moaning about a company wasting her time 🙈 said she would be perfect for their brand and she was to give details over, they then said they didn’t realise she wasn’t in the US and they don’t ship out the US. 4 story posts about this company wasting her time. Her time is spent lazing about on her ass all day begging for freebies. FS if she isn’t moaning about how big bag Instagram is blocking people from seeing her shite content she’s moaning about parenthood. Text book beggy insta mum cock womble 🤬

Please can you all have a quick read of my blog with regards to this insta shite lol and tell me what you think? I know you lot will be honest 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1