Instasham - when will it end

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't wait for this over-saturated influencer game to end. Brands are ruining their reputations. They don't know who they are working with - they get agencies to do it for them. Giving away stuff for free is completely devaluing brands. I don't think I will ever buy from Joules or The White company again. #ads are saturating Instagram It's supposed be a fun lighthearted app. Kids are being used "stand over there for Mummy in your matching shirts.....and....smile, quick quick Mummy needs a photo to earn a quick buck"

What the f**k are we inspiring our kids to be. No wonder there is a lack of doctors, midwives.

I hate that my girls are growing up in this world.

What's next? I can't begin to imagine. I think it's sad, Don't u? I'm scared for their future.

• Heart
Reactions: 99
Agreed. I think the reason the SOD thing has gained such strong legs is because the lid has well and truly been blown off this can of worms. I’ve gone through and unfollowed every single account that is selling something- I literally can’t stand it! I had an account a friend recommend a few years ago- started from nothing, makes crochet blankets, lives the good life’esque. She has amassed close to 25k approx followers. literally every other post is now #ad, and some dubious posts in between that are either her selling the blankets (but not tagged as an ad for some reason, or pushing something local to her that also aren’t tagged ad or paid partnership. This is one teeny tiny random work from home mum example of something is now endemic, and has so badly blinded so many of us that it’s time it stops.
click through some “main” accounts and if more than one in every ten posts is an ad just don’t bother anymore!And that’s before we get into disappearing stories so certain brands look fab but are in fact heavily pushing paid for or gifted content but without marring their pretty “squares”. Wake up people.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The sooner the influencer era dies the better. Used to love seeing pictures of my friends and family on Instagram enjoying holidays etc now they all want to be “instafamous” and everything is an advert for something. Either pushing workout stuff or whoring their kids to the internet for their next #gifted story

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m more of a lurker than a poster.... as I feel if I start I won’t stop. It’s all surely got to end soon. The gifted.... the ads the press trips! Mummyyatesstyle or whatever her name is being gifted another afternoon tea 🙄 and we get it your pregnant

Reactions: 4
I'd love to see an instagram page that names and shames every brand that gifts these gobshites, what they are gifted and how much it would cost an ordinary person.
That might open a few eyes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I definitely miss how Instagram used to be, and even YouTube too. Can't help but feel it's just constant ads now

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've deleted my instagram, for the final time... I left for a while and returned, but I find it a very toxic enviroment full of liars and beggy gifted spunkmuffins.

for the few of you on here that followed me, Please keep in touch via here

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I definitely miss how Instagram used to be, and even YouTube too. Can't help but feel it's just constant ads now
I feel sorry for the husbands and partners of these people. They prbably spend so much less time with them now. My ex partner would have hated it me constantly planning my days and weeks around "content" for an "app". Even as a single mum now - that tit is full time. Giving your life full time to a social media app. Where do they find the time!!!They will regret it once there kids are grown up and realised they spent 90% of their parenting on their phones

Reactions: 21
Some of them will claim to be #gifted anything to make it look like companies give them stuff. 1 girl I know couldn’t thank some book company enough for gifting a free personalised book for her little one, I checked it out. Everyone gets the first book free when you take a subscription out. The equivalent would be me thanking Netflix for gifting the 1st month to me.
with any luck Instagram stopping showing how many likes people are getting is the begginof the end

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m currently on holiday with my husband & everywhere you turn there is someone doing a photo shoot with there mobile phone, don’t get me wrong I take & post the occasional selfie but if I asked my hubby to take photos the way some of the girls here are getting there partners to he would laugh me back on the next plane home. People seem to live life though the screen on there mobile phone rather than through there own eyes

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
OMG I’m flabbergasted at Chloe Loves To Shop (CLTS) latest stories! She’s showing off this months Topshop edit. These are clothes she’s allowed to choose as part of her monthly ‘working with them’ agreement. She said about the coat, it’s similar to her other one from Jane & Tash if you can’t afford that (£400+). That was one she was gifted too!!! As were her Miranda Dunn furs. She must need another/more coats like a hole in the head. Why not put these up for a giveaway competition? It screams of utter greed & even if I loved that coat there’s NO way I’d buy it from Topshop now. Sorry, had to vent, I’m incredulous 🤯

Reactions: 10
Brands are ruining their reputations. They don't know who they are working with - they get agencies to do it for them. Giving away stuff for free is completely devaluing brands. I don't think I will ever buy from Joules or The White company again. #ads
Complete agree, I first noticed the saturation leading up to Christmas 2017 and refused to buy from the White Company (I'm not a Joules/Boden gal). It's now a full on flood. Since then I have gradually unfollowed all the #ad users and most especially the paid partnerships. This most recent furore has seen me unfollow the last of the perps (!) DMBL40 and Erica Davies, neither of which have influenced me a in a purchase for years.

OMG I’m flabbergasted at Chloe Loves To Shop (CLTS) latest stories! She’s showing off this months Topshop edit. These are clothes she’s allowed to choose as part of her monthly ‘working with them’ agreement. She said about the coat, it’s similar to her other one from Jane & Tash if you can’t afford that (£400+). That was one she was gifted too!!! As were her Miranda Dunn furs. She must need another/more coats like a hole in the head. Why not put these up for a giveaway competition? It screams of utter greed & even if I loved that coat there’s NO way I’d buy it from Topshop now. Sorry, had to vent, I’m incredulous 🤯
It's the greed and the quantity of "stuff" that makes me uncomfortable. Pure greed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m currently on holiday with my husband & everywhere you turn there is someone doing a photo shoot with there mobile phone, don’t get me wrong I take & post the occasional selfie but if I asked my hubby to take photos the way some of the girls here are getting there partners to he would laugh me back on the next plane home. People seem to live life though the screen on there mobile phone rather than through there own eyes
We were in Mykonos recently and there were so many people doing this posing with the famous Little Venice behind them... we sat watching young girls getting into some peculiar positions to get a pic take.... all for Insta I’m sure 🙄

Reactions: 7
Clothing ones are my bug bear right now

insert picture tagging clothes company and use “idontgiveaflyingfuck10” for a discount. So they get paid the 10% discount what is the point of it

Reactions: 7
I miss the way Instagram used to be, before it became a stream of nobodies doing ads and swipe ups

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve unfollowed lots recently and almost refuse to purchase anything from companies who have gifted or a partnership with the influencer. I just feel it’s a false relationship as the influencer undermines the product as they are inundated with clothes/products so can’t be trusted to advertise without bias.

Reactions: 15
The influencers all bandwagon jump too, quoting statistics (usually wrong) and making most issues - like mental health - about them. They are like politicians, no morals at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wrote on a big brands FB page and asked them if they could somehow flag on their website if an item has been sent to an 'influencer'. At first they were all 'oooh, let us know which item(s) and we'll happily let you know'. When I replied that it was in order to actively avoid buying them I was met with silence. Funny that. However, these brands need to know how it turns so many people off. I'd be mortified if someone asked me if I bought something because some Insta-random had it. It should be grounds for a refund!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Why do they all wish their week away counting down for the weekend when hardly any of them work? The majority of them have partners who don't work either or they're single! They'll be crying in 5/10 years time about where the time has gone.

Reactions: 19
The way the world is going it’s only a matter of time before one of these Insta kids that get whored out for freebies actually puts a law suit in against the parent saying they never chose that life or something like that... and I for one can’t wait 😊

Reactions: 12