Instasham - when will it end

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Complete agree, I first noticed the saturation leading up to Christmas 2017 and refused to buy from the White Company (I'm not a Joules/Boden gal). It's now a full on flood. Since then I have gradually unfollowed all the #ad users and most especially the paid partnerships. This most recent furore has seen me unfollow the last of the perps (!) DMBL40 and Erica Davies, neither of which have influenced me a in a purchase for years.

It's the greed and the quantity of "stuff" that makes me uncomfortable. Pure greed.
It's a sea of bobbi brown now!

Reactions: 4
I'd love to see an instagram page that names and shames every brand that gifts these gobshites, what they are gifted and how much it would cost an ordinary person.
That might open a few eyes.
Go on create one please!! 😃😃 Id follow!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m really sorry but I just need to rant!! I am so bloody fed up of all the fake and contrived instagrammers out there. Why the crap would I want to see pretentious, posed shots of people eating out for free and being gifted no end of stuff when they can bloody well afford it themselves. Lauding it up over people who can’t afford to live the lifestyle that these people get for free by lying and posing their way through life?

I have a friend who has become an instagrammer. Having close to 10k followers now and I’m so sick of the fact that I can see them posting about ten times in a day when I wait about a week for a reply to a personal text. Our friendship is now non existent and I wonder if they realise they are losing real friendships to ‘the gram’.

I’m also annoyed at the fact that people can delete negative comments which are made. Just seems to fuel self important, narcissistic people feeling entitled to love themselves that little bit more. I am absolutely fed up and think this is having such a deterimental impact on people. It’s all so fake and superficial. Drives me mad! Sorry - I said it would be a rant!! Haha!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I’m really sorry but I just need to rant!! I am so bloody fed up of all the fake and contrived instagrammers out there. Why the crap would I want to see pretentious, posed shots of people eating out for free and being gifted no end of stuff when they can bloody well afford it themselves. Lauding it up over people who can’t afford to live the lifestyle that these people get for free by lying and posing their way through life?

I have a friend who has become an instagrammer. Having close to 10k followers now and I’m so sick of the fact that I can see them posting about ten times in a day when I wait about a week for a reply to a personal text. Our friendship is now non existent and I wonder if they realise they are losing real friendships to ‘the gram’.

I’m also annoyed at the fact that people can delete negative comments which are made. Just seems to fuel self important, narcissistic people feeling entitled to love themselves that little bit more. I am absolutely fed up and think this is having such a deterimental impact on people. It’s all so fake and superficial. Drives me mad! Sorry - I said it would be a rant!! Haha!!
Acceptable rant! Their feeds are all full of themselves. Photos.... of themselves.... yawn. "Look at me"

Reactions: 10
I just don’t buy anything or buy from anywhere that get freebies anymore. Soap & Glory, Sunbites, ATD, B&M, Home Bargains, JD Seasonings, Spice entice, Primark & Poundland are just some of the brands I don’t buy from anymore.

I also stopped donating to Dogs Trust after they paid MH at least 5 figures for a highlight on insta 🙄 nah hun. It just doesn’t feel genuine. If I got a free train ticket I’d be like oh yeh it was a perfect journey 10/10 because it was free so win win for me no need to complain 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I love how when they story they're just checking themselves out at the same time. Why can't they just get on with LIFE

Reactions: 8

I completely, 100% agree with you!!!

I wish there was a documentary on this. It's such an odd and disgusting part of human behaviour all this social media influencer stuff. All posed and contrived and rubbing it in the faces of hard-working people who have REAL jobs!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Agreed. I think the reason the SOD thing has gained such strong legs is because the lid has well and truly been blown off this can of worms.
Sorry, what's SOD?

Instagram influencing seems like a souless existance to me. At least with youtube, there's a variety of stuff you can do. But I cant imagine spending every day taking photos of myself with various products that I dont care about.

Does anyone remember the name of that girl a few years ago who changed all her captions to say what really went on in the picture. She then got rid of her social media and there was some drama involved with it. All I can remember was she was blonde lol.

Edit: Essena O’Neill

Reactions: 3
Agree with so much of this. I know through a friend a relatively small instagrammer (about 5000 followers) so through nosiness looked at her page. She lives in the town I used to and the whole thing was a fairy tale - the 'fabulous restaurants' she frequented were not fabulous at all, the little boutique shops she had discovered were rubbish, her fabulous marriage and adoring hubby was a sham and she looked nothing like her photos, she also looked so vivacious and carefree in all of them when in real life she is miserable and unpleasant. It is so bloody wierd. Even silly things eg 'Sooo lucky to have been invited to (some random) opening event #neednewshoes #livingmybestlife' - when anyone in the area knew full well it was just a new pub opening and anyone could go. The whole phenomenon just can't carry on can it?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I completely, 100% agree with you!!!

I wish there was a documentary on this. It's such an odd and disgusting part of human behaviour all this social media influencer stuff. All posed and contrived and rubbing it in the faces of hard-working people who have REAL jobs!
You’ve hit the nail on the head here when you say it’s an odd and disgusting part of human behaviour, I feel like their should be some kind of class in schools which basically teaches kids how not to be twats when they grow up, it makes me very fearful for the future for my 7 month old daughter, of what she is going to be exposed to and whether she is going to buy into all this ‘influencer’ crap, I dread the day she asks for a smart phone and social media accounts, I know I’ll be the bad guy when I’m always saying no when all her friends will probably have them...sorry for digressing.....

Reactions: 9
Agree with so much of this. I know through a friend a relatively small instagrammer (about 5000 followers) so through nosiness looked at her page. She lives in the town I used to and the whole thing was a fairy tale - the 'fabulous restaurants' she frequented were not fabulous at all, the little boutique shops she had discovered were rubbish, her fabulous marriage and adoring hubby was a sham and she looked nothing like her photos, she also looked so vivacious and carefree in all of them when in real life she is miserable and unpleasant. It is so bloody wierd. Even silly things eg 'Sooo lucky to have been invited to (some random) opening event #neednewshoes #livingmybestlife' - when anyone in the area knew full well it was just a new pub opening and anyone could go. The whole phenomenon just can't carry on can it?
I bloody hope not

Reactions: 1
I’ve listened to too many influencers over the years in their true state to believe in the bollocks. Ex-friends, neighbours, strangers in a public place having their partner photograph them 50 times to get that spontaneous looking shot, it’s all so mad!
The one positive is it makes me think three times when I’m buying something. “Do I want/need it? Can I afford it? Am I being a twit and buying something I’ve saw in IG stories?”

Reactions: 8
I used to really like insta a few years ago, now I hardly post anymore and swipe through the ones that Ad/gift etc. I’ve had a couple of items gifted in the past but felt very uncomfortable showing it on insta so decided I wouldn’t do it anymore. There are some so call ‘influencers’ that do nothing else all day but post their daily gifts..AKA Lovestyle40 whos probably very nice in person but the constant damn Ads and Gifts is a joke! How many pairs of frumpy boots does a person need?, I wouldn’t wear one item of clothing she wears (all mumma frump) but still these non stop Ads for damn JD Williams catalogue shite etc🙄. They’re all at it though so damn desperate for freebies they leave cheesy “OMG I love it“ comments on all the big brands posts!

Reactions: 5
I used to really like insta a few years ago, now I hardly post anymore and swipe through the ones that Ad/gift etc. I’ve had a couple of items gifted in the past but felt very uncomfortable showing it on insta so decided I wouldn’t do it anymore. There are some so call ‘influencers’ that do nothing else all day but post their daily gifts..AKA Lovestyle40 whos probably very nice in person but the constant damn Ads and Gifts is a joke! How many pairs of frumpy boots does a person need?, I wouldn’t wear one item of clothing she wears (all mumma frump) but still these non stop Ads for damn JD Williams catalogue shite etc🙄. They’re all at it though so damn desperate for freebies they leave cheesy “OMG I love it“ comments on all the big brands posts!
Also, I don’t think they consider or care for their followers who may be vulnerable. It’s extremely manipulative and exploitative in my opinion. Why don’t they get out and get a real job?

Reactions: 7
Also, I don’t think they consider or care for their followers who may be vulnerable. It’s extremely manipulative and exploitative in my opinion. Why don’t they get out and get a real job?
Well I guess if they went out to work they wouldn’t be able to spend all day doing fitting room try ons (Yawn).

Reactions: 2
Just seen somebody today gifted all the shades of a foundation
I understand that they can't guess their shade by looking at photos of them but it's such a waste

She’s a perfect example of how grabby these women are because you’re not telling me someone who has numerous £3k+ handbags would look twice at JD Williams clothing 🤨 Or is that the reason she’s able to afford such expensive handbags I wonder?! All those #aff swipe ups all add up don’t they!