Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any real quiz show would have called Catherine out for cheating "I'm not a music fan" heres the answer... "I know nothing about cricket"... Here's the answer

😂😂
Or just "you answered that witchfinder question before I'd even asked it" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Which is why I'm glad I rewatched to pick up on these bits. The looks the other team were giving Catherine as well in that second round 😬

Well that was annoying that we didn't get the bus episode but very well played by the No 9 guys! Oh I can't wait for Mrs Loomis to come home this evening. I'll show her Lee Mack's new game show :LOL:

• Haha
I’m so disappointed with the later seasons of this show. If you think back to the one with Sheridan Smith (which must be one of the best pieces of TV going) the riddle of the sphinx, the one with the woman in the basement, the one with the body part art gallery, …these newer ones don’t even compare

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m so disappointed with the later seasons of this show. If you think back to the one with Sheridan Smith (which must be one of the best pieces of TV going) the riddle of the sphinx, the one with the woman in the basement, the one with the body part art gallery, …these newer ones don’t even compare
For me I think the 12 days of Christine (with sheridan Smith) was their best ever episode
I was enjoying this series so far but just didn't like last night's it was boring 😴

Reactions: 4
For me series 1-4 were brilliant and I’d say my favourite TV show. 5 and 6 were ok. This series and the last have so far been pretty meh for me. I’m pleased it’s taking a break which I never thought I’d say when watching the first few series!

Reactions: 1
Agree, I find myself rewatching older EPs but haven't watched many of the newer ones again. I'd love them to go back to the older style and writing. The newer ones are still worth a watch but just don't hit the same.

Wise owl was great though!

Reactions: 2
I thought i had it worked out early on and the twist was gonna be the young girl waiting til the mother couldn't hear in the booth and she was going to tell everyone they've held her captive for years thats why she wouldn't know popular music etc😆 the exploding head came as quite the shock 😆 I did pick up on her answering the question before he finished reading it and thought they had to be cheating aswell. Agree it wasn't one of their better episodes. They weren't even in it ☹

I've seen a theory where people think Catherine might not even be her daughter but rather one of the lab experiments (or at least that she was experimented on) hence the powers, her being isolated, why they want to keep her in the basement, etc 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I've seen a theory where people think Catherine might not even be her daughter but rather one of the lab experiments (or at least that she was experimented on) hence the powers, her being isolated, why they want to keep her in the basement, etc 😅
I was thinking she was an AI before realising she was physic. But thats a good theory.

I really enjoyed that! I would have probably fallen for the watching the wrong thing trick if I hadn’t seen on here (and randomly as a news headline) about the game show concept. However even knowing that was coming was still enjoyable. I generally dislike game shows but did enjoy playing along and answering the questions. As the rounds went on I did pick up on Catherine’s weirdness and like a previous poster said, I thought about a kidnapped/captive plot being unveiled. Did not expect the ending scene at all!

Reactions: 5

That was the giveaway that something wasn’t quite ‘right’ with Catherine.

The ending spoiled it for me though - too heavy handed.

1000000000 bonus points for the nod to ‘The Day Today’ though - I’d never have pegged Catherine as a Chris Morris fan 😆

I had a weird feeling about the constant promotion of the 'on the buses' type episode

it literally doesn't exist! we have been fucked with so much
Me too - it got more pre-show publicity than any other episode of IN9 I can recall (in fact, I don’t know if I have ever even seen pre-show publicity for individual episodes), so it felt a bit ‘off’.

Though I did wonder if maybe the BBC just felt that casting Robin Askwith was a coup worthy of maximum attention! 😁

There’s a rumour online. The week after this series finishes the bbc is a scheduled to show Mr King from last series. People are speculating that it’s going to be an actual On the Buses one!
Or we are being trolled again

There’s a rumour online. The week after this series finishes the bbc is a scheduled to show Mr King from last series. People are speculating that it’s going to be an actual On the Buses one!
Or we are being trolled again
Yeah, I think we're being trolled again, Reece repeatedly said before this series that he never wanted to do an episode set on a bus as he didn't see how you could make a decent storyline out of it. I think Mr King is just to fill the hole in the schedule because most episodes get a repeat but 3 By 3 isn't

• Sad
That was a good episode but the acting for the team members was all just a little off.
That may have been the intention, but it felt a bit stilted.
Also, I think choosing a BBC One host like Bradley Walsh or Jason Manford would have sold it a little better.

Still, a solid episode.

That was a good episode but the acting for the team members was all just a little off.
This is why I’m confused that so many apparently people thought it was a genuine quiz show: the contestants (with the possible exception of the first girl in the Quiztopher Bigwins team) were not remotely convincing as members of the public on a tv show. I’m baffled that anyone was fooled into thinking it was genuine. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10