Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Kinda on the same subject

But ASOS have had enough of these "influencers" abusing their return policy
Doubt that will affect influencers tbh.

Even if they are returning tons, it’s free publicity for ASOS

This will be more for those tramps that buy an outfit and wear it out with the labels in and send it back. And do the same thing most weekends I’d imagine

Reactions: 1
M

Member 3675

This pretty much sums up my own views on these influencers. Its a couple of years old but pretty much nails it for me

• Heart
M

Member 3675

Its great isn't it ?
One of the likely outcomes is this is that those taking the piss/ flouting the rules will be made examples of ie prosecuted Being cynical about how some prosecutions occur it is more likely that they may go after someone with tangible assets.
The chance of a juicy POCA will figure in their reasoning
Be a hoot if some of the big names get hit with this

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Just got this pop notification from my ASOS app inviting everyone with ASOS Premier on a first come first served basis to some ASOS X My Clarins event in London, it’s some kind of new product range launch.

I’m just wondering whether there will be a load of z-list “influencers” turning up going “oh my god, thanks ASOS for inviting us”, when even I could go if I wanted to, with my zero influencer ability. Load of z-listers pretending they were specifically invited. Or even better, they were specifically invited to mingle with the plebeian masses like me. If I lived in London I’d go in the hope of freebies, but, never mind. At least if I went I would know I need to tag my posts about it with #AD #gifted ??

I appreciate ASOS and Clarins doing something for the regular customer rather than just giving endless shite to Zoella for a change.

Gulster

Thank you Gosswhore for screen grabbing the amr rant and all the other stuff you post! ( I'm not tech savvy enough and I really wanted the amr rant on here)

Thanks for the laugh missmash.
You couldn't make it up! Has social media created these monsters or is it just a natural habitat for such charmless idiots with a sense of entitlement ? What a prize! Just as well she's found her "dream job" because she appears unemployable.

The hotel's response to her was brilliant.?:ROFLMAO:?

• Heart
No - it's a bit of a silo issue. ASA only deal with ads and as such are only concerned about the 3 points they lay out. CMA are the body regulating the wider influencer post tagging and cover gifted items, paid for items where there has been a previous paid relationship etc. They advise it should be clear for the consumer to know if something was gifted or discounted or an affiliate link for the influencer and they couldn't personally get the same deal as this may be influencing how that person is talking about the product. They feel that AD upfront and stating clearly each item (not just "some items may be gifted" which is a cop out) is the best way to do this. #spon #gifted #aff don't cut the mustard with the CMA but the ASA have a narrower remit. I think when reports to the ASA relate to things outside their area they should refer to the CMA or let the reporter know they should and how.
Perfect that makes more sense. Just from that screen shot it seemed like some influenzas could get away with the gift BS still.

D

Departed member 294

It depends. If you suspect it is an AD (so the brand has to exert some control) or an undisclosed affiliate link then take as many screen shots as you need to to evidence it (so if it’s an affiliate link show the search bar going through the affiliate routed link for example if you can) and then submit to ASA on their complaints form. Be prepared to quote the advertising rules to them as asa will take the side of the influencer and will feign knowledge of their own rules.

If you think it’s shady gifting or undisclosed freebies then you are better off going to the CMA as ASA are pretty shit unless it’s a slam dunk and they can’t wriggle out of it.
It’s abit of everything 😬

M

Member 3661

So Mrs Hinch under Gleam Futures doesn't care about the rules

Okurrr
Take a look through her stories and you'll see loads of these. I have made comments to her asking her to be more specific but you get deleted and blocked.
Also her grid posts are not showing what's been gifted or is an AD. That SMEG kettle and toaster in her kitchen that are always in her images just magically appeared and I bet she never paid for them.

D

Departed member 294

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is for reporting a serial influenzer offender is?

Who do I contact, what settings do I need to select etc.

Thank you!

U Wot

It depends. If you suspect it is an AD (so the brand has to exert some control) or an undisclosed affiliate link then take as many screen shots as you need to to evidence it (so if it’s an affiliate link show the search bar going through the affiliate routed link for example if you can) and then submit to ASA on their complaints form. Be prepared to quote the advertising rules to them as asa will take the side of the influencer and will feign knowledge of their own rules.

If you think it’s shady gifting or undisclosed freebies then you are better off going to the CMA as ASA are pretty shit unless it’s a slam dunk and they can’t wriggle out of it.