“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I’ve just unfollowed Georgia Harrison for her little rant I can’t even watch it all because it’s a completely different story. The majority of them have the uk during lockdown / being in tier four and have plastered how much fun they are having all over social media because they can’t bear to live their life without everyone seeing how great they are and it’s been shown to their followers who will be mainly based in the uk, in lockdown, not able to do anything, some stressed and a lot affected financially so yes people will have a negative view on these influencers. The difference is is that the majority of people Georgia is moaning at probably don’t have a platform like hers so if Dubai goes in to lockdown and the uk opens back up, most people won’t be videoing themselves at the nail shop and bragging how great the uk is. I also don’t doubt for a second that a lot of them would be swarming back to the uk if Dubai was on strict lockdown. Also I’m sure lockdown in a nice hot country with your mates is a different experience to lockdown here. Rant over but what an idiot!! I hope she’s lost a lot of followers for that!
I’ve just watched it. The total lack of self awareness is shocking. All that said, if the attitude shown by these influencers, z listers and porta potties doesn’t stop the British public from buying the cheap tat they pedal, clicking on the scam links they post and tuning in to their scripted “reality” programs while they are sticking up two fingers at them parading what they can do and their fans can’t, then absolutely nothing will. The sole reason these people get away with what they do is the impressionable people at home (in Britain) enabling them and funding them.

Reactions: 9
Anyone else fed up if these narcissistic lot in Dubai “for business” during a pandemic?

It’s selfish & unnecessary - they obviously think they are exempt from catching this virus!
You mean the z listers from the UK or the Dubai based ones?

They're all annoying!

Reactions: 3
Things is though, a 14 day quarantine means naff all to these idiots. They don’t care. We should close our borders and leave them where they are.

Reactions: 21
Why is Kady gifted with such LUXURY for her trips everytime? Could you imagine if she had to WORK to pay for that level?

Reactions: 4
Things is though, a 14 day quarantine means naff all to these idiots. They don’t care. We should close our borders and leave them where they are.
Aus did this. They had a week at most to return home or it was 14 day mandatory hotel quarantine (people weren’t staying in houses). Problem is it cripples the airlines (amounts other things). Obviously exceptions are made etc but of all the essential businesses, influencers shouldn’t be counted. If they were any good they would be able to create content anywhere. You don’t need to be in St Barts to shoot a fake tan commercial. Pretty sure people wear fake tan in England as well. Shoot your ad campaign at home. What a slap in the face for everyone who is trying to do the right thing

Reactions: 9
Danielle Zarb has written a great blog about this subject today, it’s linked on her IG

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have unfollowed so many of these 'influencers' over the past week. How can they compare their essential work of posing in a bikini abroad to someone who works in a supermarket etc?

Reactions: 18
Another one in Dubai right now with her mum, claiming its for work is Aisha Shaban aka shabanbeauty who is the niece of NaughtyBoy. I saw a few comments of disapproval which were swiftly removed. This airhead also commented her support for Amena Khan on her latest post. Seems she has learnt a few tricks from her friend, go to Dubai, break rules, both moral and otherwise, post about it on social media then sit there policing the comments. Disgusting
more trash in dubai

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.