“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I messaged some brands earlier today and said I won’t be buying from them whilst they are affiliated with people breaking the law and one of them has read the message and replied thanking me for the feedback and saying they will look into it.
So it might be worth the few mins it’ll take to message/emails these brands as it’ll be creating unnecessary work so they might look to dump the influencer idiots!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think we all need to send emails to itv and companies the celebs promote for because it just is not right is it?! Even if I was wealthy I 100% wouldn’t go anywhere. I’d be scared to death of catching rona, further more, passing it on to someone who could die. I’m so glad I can rant here 😂😅
I messaged some brands earlier today and said I won’t be buying from them whilst they are affiliated with people breaking the law and one of them has read the message and replied thanking me for the feedback and saying they will look into it.
So it might be worth the few mins it’ll take to message/emails these brands as it’ll be creating unnecessary work so they might look to dump the influencer idiots!
!!! Yes! The petition could take a few weeks to come through and tbh with the character limit, it's not as emotive as I'd want it to be. If people have the time and energy to do the stuff above, it would be a good idea. If anyone wants to write to their MP, I'd be happy to anonymise the letter I wrote to my mine and give it to you guys to use to send to yours. :)

I worked at a school & nearly all the kids wanted to be influencers when they grew up which is depressing enough as it is (much worse than wanting to be an actor, which was the thing of choice when I was a kid), but knowing influencers are so devoid of empathy makes it even worse. I hope this is their downfall but they are masters of PR, so...

Reactions: 14
!!! Yes! The petition could take a few weeks to come through and tbh with the character limit, it's not as emotive as I'd want it to be. If people have the time and energy to do the stuff above, it would be a good idea. If anyone wants to write to their MP, I'd be happy to anonymise the letter I wrote to my mine and give it to you guys to use to send to yours. :)

I worked at a school & nearly all the kids wanted to be influencers when they grew up which is depressing enough as it is (much worse than wanting to be an actor, which was the thing of choice when I was a kid), but knowing influencers are so devoid of empathy makes it even worse. I hope this is their downfall but they are masters of PR, so...
That’s really depressing that children aspire to be talentless people of the moment. I really want Instagram to die the death that MySpace did (showing my age 😂) Instagram was better before it made people famous

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
That’s really depressing that children aspire to be talentless people of the moment. I really want Instagram to die the death that MySpace did (showing my age 😂) Instagram was better before it made people famous
Hey, it doesn't show precisely enough to infer what age group you fall into, as there were sooo many fad social media sites within a space of about four years and kids used em too ;)

TBF they were young, not teenagers, and at that age I think kids' aspirations are heavily shaped by wanting to be loved. Still makes me sad thinking of those cute kids being made to believe that it's fine to give other people covid/do whatever they want as long as they have fun/to stuff anyone else

Reactions: 4
So not Dubai but Tulum “Influencer and model” Georgia Bayliss and Emma Milton. No mask, feet on seats totally no respect!!! What is she escaping?? She’s been Dubai, partying, mixing with friends and not sticking to any of the restrictions anyway!!! People have reported Georgia to her modelling agency. Feel sorry for the cabin crew having to go to work and deal with these people on there “essential travel trips”

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
So not Dubai but Tulum “Influencer and model” Georgia Bayliss and Emma Milton. No mask, feet on seats totally no respect!!! What is she escaping?? She’s been Dubai, partying, mixing with friends and not sticking to any of the restrictions anyway!!! People have reported Georgia to her modelling agency. Feel sorry for the cabin crew having to go to work and deal with these people on there “essential travel trips”
she is looking very proud for someone doing something dangerous & stupid.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Why is this still allowed ?!?!?

Reactions: 6
A lot of influencers though are the lowest of the low, selfish and vacuous. They don’t give a tit if they spread the virus or make someone else ill as long as they get lots of likes and ass licking on their posts and a bit of cash thrown into the mix. Like someone else said on either this thread or another one, even though this is tattle I tend not to comment on Instagrammers and influencers but I am sick of the lot of them. Not just because of their behaviour because of covid but just because it’s a slippery slope to the spread of stupidity when people who can sometimes barely string a sentence together are given such a huge platform and young impressionable kids look up to them. I can not wait for the day the bottom falls out of instagrammers and influencers, they are just awful!
Here here 👏🏻 Tattle is so refreshing because finally there are folk out there that agree with how I feel!!!!! It lessens the anger knowing I’m not the only one who feels this frustration.

Reactions: 14
Lol does he think we’re thick
I really hope one of them
Gets stuck there - showing off because they are getting a free holiday during a pandemic is low.

this guy is so annoying. He cannot speak properly, is thick with no talent yet he is given a platform. Dubai - please keep him.

Reactions: 10
They should definitely close the borders now.

lets see how far their lemonade wages last when they’re stuck there for a few months

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Zara McDermott who is in the Maldives doesn't seem to give a tit.

According to the mail she did a QandA on Insta, what planet is she on?

Reactions: 8
New here 👋 lurked for a while but so glad to have found people who are as frustrated as me with these minus z list ‘celebs’ and ‘influencers’ breaking lockdown rules. So angry to think that we are following the rules as best as we can while these people do whatever they want without caring about others.

Hoping that 2021 will see the end of the influencer trend.

Reactions: 16

She has a thread on here and it makes for good viewing. She got caught trying to hide she was away...

Reactions: 4

She's back now trying to play it off like she has been here all along. Editing the back of her gym photo to not look like the Maldives gym 😴

I’ve now had a few responses. It does show that some brands do pay attention to us little people when we give feedback

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Alisha lemay is another one breaking the rules.
Used to love her but now I just think she’s an idiot. Braggy posts and stories to rub it in peoples faces, I think she’s in Tulum not Dubai but still equally frustrating to watch.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.