Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YouMadeMeDoIt

Tattle gave me a notification for this thread when I am usually commenting on the Radfords - do you think it's trying to tell me something lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
I'm hopefull the whole influencer industry will pop in 2020. It's getting crazy, people with 40k followers are earning enough to support a whole family by being paid by brands to influence people to buy stuff they got for free.

Then to make enough you have to have such low standards and do ADs for anything even if it contradicts what you were flogging last week.

Maybe this could be used as a thread to collect news stories that mark the end or decline?

This advert is playing on the radio a lot:

"Radio - original influencer, with 36 million real followers"
I’m praying this is true. That whole industry is pathetic 🙏

If I see one more influencer receive a sodding Odd Box 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Lizzyb3

It’s like they should be grateful they get the product for free ya know? Why do you have to make coin out of something that’s gifted to you? Is t that enough already

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
My worry is the stans will allow it to continue,

I definitely think things will massively change in 2020, already Instagram is changing how it allows influencers to use its platform, but I think it will take another few years to die off completely.

a lot of influencers already have their “projects” lined up for next year. And if the stans continue to purchase off the backs of an influencers “recommendation” it’s gonna take a while for marketing departments to look elsewhere when it comes to promoting a product.

Slightly off topic but I have a few Monica Vinider items and I now hate them because of influencers 🤣 it’s become the opposite to what they’re paid to do for me.

Unsubscribed

VIP Member
Good. I remember Lisa Snowdon constantly trying to flog collagen supplements/powder which were really expensive but had such poor reviews. She does it with skin care too, her favourite range is whatever she's being given free usually.

slugella

VIP Member
It's a shame because so many people will still follow influencers even when they are irritated by them. I see a lot of posts on here where people complain about an influencer for so long, but are still following. Of course people can follow whoever they want, but imagine how much less influence they would have if their following dramatically dropped. Fingers crossed we will see more of it this year!

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
I really hope that people remember this when we get through these hard times and these ‘influencers’ have to join the real world.

View attachment 97726
Totally fucking ignorant, clueless with no regard for anyone but themselves. Her response clearly demonstrates her level of righteousness, to have no other response than to tell you you should know better because of how old you look. I’m gobsmacked that these assholes believe they are right. What kind of fucking upbringing have they had. And what scares me more is these cunts have kids and teach them by example so in 20 years from know all people will do is just screw people over and not give two shits. I’m fucking furious. I hope her saying that didn’t affect you? X

“Disgusting human being” is a bit strong...
As for “us youtubers” providing such a noble public service at this time ... I’m sure she had no ulterior interests in posting...what was the video about incidentally?

Sunbeamsjess has been one of the worst that I follow. Anyone who doesn’t know her she projects a pretty ‘woke’ liberal image, and comes from a very privileged upper middle class background. Anyway she had literally just got back from a very luxurious holiday in St Lucia, of the sort that are very standard for her. People were already feeling she was coming across a bit annoyingly out of touch.

Then she’s suddenly in the states for a press trip. Posting all these amazing pictures in the Nevada desert or somewhere. Looking at her Instagram now the first one was only 6 days ago. So weelll into the state of crisis. Along with loads of stories, the account shes tagging is honestly called @visitusa. The whole point of the trip is to encourage travel! As if she couldn’t get anymore tone deaf she uploaded a video about “what’s in my carry on” she’d pre filmed without even an acknowledgement of what was going on. This was the 13th ()

Eventually it got to a point she couldn’t ignore the criticism so she posited a bunch of really defensive, typically YouTube stories. Basically saying things weren’t that bad when she left - bullshit ,they were. This is someone who pretends to be well informed. Either she isn’t or she’s lieing about how bad things were - she basically implied it was only a crisis after she landed in the US 🙄 She then said everyone on the trip was healthy (ffs) and worst of all that people needed to not get too worked up by fear and continue living life...

Her account has been completely silent since then so you can see how well that went down/ how she knows she fucked up and can’t say sorry.
I feel a new thread coming on for this twunt!!!

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
We need to call them online salespeople/shillers. I'd cringe myself inside out if I had to # that almost everything in my home was given to me - especially when we are surrounded by energy price rises and many struggling to survive.

I wish that they all had to retroactively # every post/video from before the gifting/ad rules came in.

MadameFoner

Chatty Member
I've seen a few woe is me posts now saying it's a tough time and if 'I've ever done a post that made you happy' please like/share. Praying the arse falls right out of it.

Deevee47

VIP Member
Was looking for a thread of Lisa snowden/snowdon and this resonated because of the comment on her skincare. Have a look at her recent post about a £250
Product that apparently is wonderful when she already promotes a tonne of other products too. People have mentioned it in the comments. She’s full of **** she has a filter on too that some others have mentioned. How do they get away with it!? Promoting skincare when using a filter. She’s queen of it and that Alex Steiner too.

QUOTE="Unsubscribed, post: 8654386, member: 54667"]
Good. I remember Lisa Snowdon constantly trying to flog collagen supplements/powder which were really expensive but had such poor reviews. She does it with skin care too, her favourite range is whatever she's being given free usually.
[/QUOTE]

Mustard

VIP Member
According to Liberty London Girl (I’ve mentioned this before) Instagram is *hiding * many posts now unless you pay them. She was complaining about the fact that her posts weren’t getting seen or liked. I think she now makes her entire living via stuff she posts on the gram.

SisterBliss

Snuz, they literally gift every fucking pregnant person or their family something from their range, stop giving your stuff away and lower your prices.
This 100%! The White Company stuff quality deteriorated in the past 5-6 years or so but prices have become exorbitant (I mean, how much can you charge for an acrylic throw or a scratchy blanket?). It’s not just influencers who are greedy, brands are too, and I think this puts off people off buying their stuff as well.

Brands that I no longer respect thanks to influencers:
Dior
Bottega Venetta
Balenciaga
Louis Vuitton
Charlotte Tilbury (her makeup breaks me out so it’s shit as well)
By Terry
NARS
Jimmy Choo

Reactions: 3

Rosiepie

VIP Member
Didn’t know Asda gave away food! Is this Xmas food that they are advertising?
Asda are running a charity campaign to help combat hunger. Ironically they pay fees to instagrammers to tell followers about the charity. Wonder how many mouths they could feed on fees paid out alone?
Im also sick and tired of people who are clearly advertising a product but don’t declare it, or try hiding the fact they have been paid a fee. So many gullible people out there worshipping instagrammers who are fake and their lives are as fake as anything!

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Not something they necessarily get gifted ( not sure if they do ) but I’ll never buy Gucci since all of them seem to live in it.