Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
I think we can safely say influencers will now have to start to think of a real job that produces something of worth or helps society.

Don't come crying that you chose insecure vapid work and were not prepared for a recession that brought it to an end. Even without the virus, a recession would have still happened soon enough.

They're not creatives or creators, just a shopping channel with instantly disposable content. Would you watch a re-run of a QVC show?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

instasham13

Chatty Member
I really hope so too. Last year and the year before I used to enjoy going to bed in the evening and catching up on other mums stories. It was my chill time when the kids were settled but I soon realised they were all full of the same shit and advertising the same shit.

I'm sorry but an insta mum advertising a car is not going to make me buy that car even if I was in the market for a car at the time. Or even more affordable things I'm just not interested in buying it unless I need it.

It also really started to sicken me seeing them on yet another gifted day out or holiday. I now spend my chill time reading Tattle as its brought me so much perspective of the real world outside mamas and meet and greet markets.

For Tattle I am thankful. : )

Reactions: 23

Yel

Chatty Member
I really hope it is. Instagram is the new QVC and I am no longer able to be influenced. In fact,seeing the blatant consumerism and easy come, easy go attitude to “stuff” has the opposite effect on me now. I think it leaves a bad taste in the mouth and not cos I’m a jealous hater who can’t stand to see people getting paid to post on social media.
I think the end is nigh. In the past it was cheap advertising for brands. But people follow so many people and are so sceptical these days.

So brands are lucky to actually get into 5% of the followers of a person and of those small amount that actually see the ad who's going to be influenced? It's so competitive out there it should naturally go back to being a small amount of money for occasional posts for something that's a good fit. Not an ad every other day for anything

I hate stuff, clutters up your life and the joy is over very quickly.

Reactions: 22

Casperron

VIP Member
I was added to an influencer group and the things that I discovered. They get all their friends to use their swipe ups, comment on ads. 95% of their engagement is from like for like groups etc

• Wow

itsnotmeitsyouok

VIP Member
nobody and I mean nobody should be able to influence someone’s health that isn’t a professional in the health system. Also even if they are professionals the shite they lie about. It’s bias completely to what they believe.. dr doireann is now doing it and she was supposed to be against supplements.

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
Everyone, go and leave a comment tagging your favourite money grabbing influencer on here. I tagged Zanna who is still trying to flog her £175 swimsuits at this time. People won’t be going on holidays this year, people’s family members are dying and she’s still justifying her approach ....
7B7ECC08-BB2B-4C76-AF53-CAD2E1BBA5A8.jpeg

Reactions: 18

Greed-Futures

I'm sick to death of seeing everyone and their dog shilling Hello Fresh. Can none of these influencers grocery shop or cool the old fashioned way?

Reactions: 17

Zobodone

I’ve just seen an influencer do a clothes haul they got gifted. Majority of the nation is panicking about losing their homes, not being able to pay bills, going to work and they’re flaunting free stuff telling us to swipe up so we can buy it. What the actual fuck is going on with peoples priorities. I wouldn’t mind but it’s today’s date on it. I understand we all want to make money, we all want to provide but Jesus fucking Christ....don’t flaunt free shit when half of us are worrying about buying our older relatives the basics because we can’t do it or we can’t afford to bulk buy.

• Angry
Reactions: 17

Oheck79

I loved Instagram before the whole selling your soul for a few quid started. Instagrammers had their own opinions and we’re relatable. Now they would sell their own grandmother. And brands I did like are cheapening themselves and won’t buy out of principle (not that they would notice lol).

Reactions: 16

RedTiger

VIP Member
I don’t think any randomer online with a few followers should be trying to sell anything especially as they don’t even use the products they sell. People don’t know what is in these products and I am so glad Australia has done that. I pray the UK do the same and put all these boring huns out of business.

totallydone

Lurker on Tattle life since December last year, first ever comment right here right now!! I just have to kick things off by saying (cringe) that I actually wanted to be an insta 'influencer' and spent the past 3 years quite frankly in a bubble, pretending to be something/someone i now know i AINT and I am not joking it absolutely done my mental health in...I got to about 4000 followers and actually deleted the whole effin thing, not just deactivated i mean DELETED and i cannot tell you how open my eyes are now. This culture (insult to culture) is absolutely the worst, sure there are some positives like with anything but this influencer shite needs to come to an end, it's making the wrong people the wrong kind of money...and omg the entitled-ness of it all!!! I'll stop there as theres always gonna be more to say, but you are all a breath of fresh air. Real fucking air and I wish we could all breathe it in!!! *little wave and takes a seat quietly at the back*

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
As soon as they've got nothing to sell these friends that love their audience and entertaining people will fuck off.

Just like at Christmas once they've done all their ads then they'll post that they're disappearing to have some family time. This family time would all be shared if there was money to be made!

I think lots of influencers are currently in denial and thinking things will be fine, everyone will be at home and they've got lots of opportunities to still make money out of them. I'm not convinced!

Also it looks just hypocritical for them to mourn the demise of businesses when they rarely put their hands in their pockets for anything anyway.
Exactly!

It's come at a bit of a perfect storm as more and more people are not putting up with influencers telling people to spend their own money to buy something that they got for free, and only used once.

They can't keep saying everyone that questions this shady behaviour is a troll.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

freddiesmum09

Once companies start going bust a lot will almost certainly dissapear?? Who’s gonna sponsor the ads and gift them their shit if the brands no longer exist.

hope brands follow Pret a manger approach of offering something to those that keep society going in a time of need rather than gifted crap to a small privileged few that in comparison don’t do an awful lot and actually make us all feel crap about ourselves.

• Heart

Rosiepie

VIP Member
Unfortunately it’s difficult to see any originality in accounts as most are carbon copies of others. Accounts are becoming clone like and hungry to make money.

Twinkle485

honestly instagrams full of lonely weirdos posting the same thing to get in with the cool kids.

Reactions: 14
Skincare is fine in my opinion, but promoting weight-loss products when you're followed by kids is dangerous. Some influencers even promote scam numbers and plastic surgeons 😤
they should ban plastic surgery for non medical/mental health needs too, just imagine how many doctors and nurses that would free up

• Heart

Kat_Valentine

VIP Member
I think it’s incredibly bad taste for influencers to be doings ads or whoring out their affiliate links at the moment. I really hope we see the end of their lifestyles, doing very little for a shit load of money and freebies, it’s incredibly vulgar. I would also reconsider buying from brands who use influencers to sell their products at this time tbh. Secondly, why are they all moaning about being stuck in the house or dressing up to ‘work from home’ don’t they just sit in the house all bastard day anyway? Just my two cents.

• Heart