India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok from a quick search it seems it's because they were both pro trans rights? God does everything have to become about trans stuff now 🤣.

The audacity of him tweeting after what he's done is actually infuriating me, what arrogance to think that anyone cares what he has to say! Agagahahahs

Reactions: 10
Centering anyone except the abused children in this would be very low.

There have been a few cases recently where men pushing for an end to single-sex facilities have also been found guilty of sex abuse offences. These are clearly particularly worrying as abusers want easier access to women and children in potentially vulnerable situations. Joyce is one of those.

ETA: This still doesn’t make sense of last night’s comment, but if alcohol had been taken then fair enough!

Reactions: 16
He was pro unisex loos. Women tend to prefer single sex loos - you can leave the door slightly open if you have a pushchair that doesn’t fit in the cubicle, you might have blood on your hands etc. Obviously some women are not bothered by unisex loos but the majority seem to prefer single sex.

There have been a few instances where male councilors have been pro unisex loos and then been caught with photos of child sexual exploitation or abusing children, hence the concern.

Reactions: 20
He was pro unisex loos. Women tend to prefer single sex loos - you can leave the door slightly open if you have a pushchair that doesn’t fit in the cubicle, you might have blood on your hands etc. Obviously some women are not bothered by unisex loos but the majority seem to prefer single sex.

There have been a few instances where male councilors have been pro unisex loos and then been caught with photos of child sexual exploitation or abusing children, hence the concern.
This is off topic but this needs to be challenged. For every pweirdo who is pro unisex loos like Eric there are probably 10 paedophiles who are transphobic.

It’s like Steven Yaxley Lennon and Muslim grooming gangs - yes they exist but there are many more white grooming gangs. I dont think the issues should be conflated.

Reactions: 6
This is off topic but this needs to be challenged. For every weirdo who is pro unisex loos like Eric there are probably 10 paedophiles who are transphobic.

It’s like Steven Yaxley Lennon and Muslim grooming gangs - yes they exist but there are many more white grooming gangs. I dont think the issues should be conflated.
Preferring single sex loos does not automatically equal transphobic- that also needs to be challenged

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Exactly. Keep female spaces for biologically born females. Why is it so controversial? Why are we only ever arguing over biologically born males entering female spaces. Why does the argument never go the opposite way? Create a third space for transsexuals. Of course they need protecting and safe spaces. I don't give a tit what people do or call themselves but female only spaces must be protected.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Exactly. Keep female spaces for biologically born females. Why is it so controversial? Why are we only ever arguing over biologically born males entering female spaces. Why does the argument never go the opposite way? Create a third space for transsexuals. I don't give a tit what people do or call themselves but female only spaces must be protected.
Exactly. The word "transphobic" gets bandied about so easily.

Back on topic to EJ, I would also wonder why he was such an advocate of unisex loos. Why the duck is it your business? And it wasn't for the benefit of trans people. Someone who carries out the worst kind of child abuse is not a good person and isn't going to care about others

Reactions: 12
Preferring single sex loos does not automatically equal transphobic- that also needs to be challenged
I actually agree with this! I shouldn’t have used transphobic to differentiate between groups of people in this instance but I think it’s off to say there’s any correlation with being a paedophile and also being in favour of same sex loos.

Reactions: 3
Exactly. Keep female spaces for biologically born females. Why is it so controversial? Why are we only ever arguing over biologically born males entering female spaces. Why does the argument never go the opposite way?
Because biological men know that transmen (i.e. biological women) are no real threat to them. Also, transwomen are a lot more demanding and assertive about their perceived rights, because it turns out that putting on a dress and calling themselves by a 'female' name doesn't take away any of their male entitlement. As always, women have so much more to lose.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Because biological men know that transmen (i.e. biological women) are no real threat to them. Also, transwomen are a lot more demanding and assertive about their perceived rights, because it turns out that putting on a dress and calling yourself by a 'female' name doesn't take away any of their male entitlement. As always, women have so much more to lose.
Yes, sorry, Lovely, they were rhetorical questions. I completely agree with you!

I actually agree with this! I shouldn’t have used transphobic to differentiate between groups of people in this instance but I think it’s off to say there’s any correlation with being a paedophile and also being in favour of same sex loos.
I completely agree but know that a lot people here feel differently, imo it's not relevant in relation to discussion about Eric & India though so wish these discussions could be confined to the Gender Discussions thread.

Reactions: 5
More tweeting from Julie Burchill, this time mentioning a documentary about sex offenders on BBC Three. It’s called - Can Sex Offenders Change?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
This is off topic but this needs to be challenged. For every weirdo who is pro unisex loos like Eric there are probably 10 paedophiles who are transphobic.

We are probably sharing loos, and changing rooms all the time with trans women, and don’t even realise it, and honestly I don’t think they are the problem, It’s more the self id brigade, who a lot of women perceive to be taking the piss,..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.