India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely this. I read Lorraine Candy’s letter in absolute amazement. Does she really think her readers are so thick we believe this tosh?

It seems plenty of people writing for News UK think they are fabulous and that we readers want more info on just how fabulous, viz not only India Knight (tho she is the worst of the genre) but also the tiresome Corens and also Hannah Betts and her smug looking man.

I far prefer writers with interesting opinions, eg Camilla Long
I love Camilla Long. She’s not afraid to have a different opinion and love how withering she is about people like Matt Haigh and Gary Linekar

Reactions: 3
I’ve just read her horrible piece in the ST. Two of her points to consider before you make the move to the countryside

one - check the broadband speed

& two - only move if your relationship is stable.

I guess both very salient points when you’re shacked up with Eric!
This absolutely beggars belief. I'm starting to think she's trolling. What a bleep.

I just cannot get my head around it. If he had been done for fraud, expenses fiddling, or something, I could see people doing the polite thing, but he’s not - he has more than one violent convictions and now this. How do you pretend you are a jolly countryside couple when your partner has just joined the ranks on the sex offenders register. All the money in the world can’t brush that one under the carpet.
Unfortunately I think it can - or at least power/influence can, if not money. Whether or not she's still with him, absolutely nothing can convince me that the general lack of outrage isn't her doing. She has stifled this, either for him or for her own sake.

I love Camilla Long. She’s not afraid to have a different opinion and love how withering she is about people like Matt Haigh and Gary Linekar
Oh no, she's another spiteful and mean excuse for a journalist who wouldn't have a career if she didn't have the pedigree. She's a nasty piece of work.

ETA a cursory glace at her twitter shows her latest column is on "mask Nazism" (actual quote). So vile that the actual Auchwitz Memorial have tweeted a response to try to help educate poor Oxford-educated Camilla who should bleeping know better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Agree Camilla Long is an absolute horror. A thoroughly nasty piece of work. The Times seems to be full of them, Liddle, Giles Coren

Reactions: 16
IK tweeted about her latest article and not a single reply mentioned her hideous partner.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I sort of love how they think deleting their old tweets absolves them of the heinous, nefarious things they have tweeted, supported, encouraged in the past. Maybe India could use some of Trumps suggestion to attempt an inner cleanse, even Dettol isn’t that good.

968CDE1E-B8C3-45DC-A1F4-EF5E09DD46DD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OMG, that is hilarious and bang on the money.

I remember being shocked - SHOCKED - when I read Marina Hyde’s Wiki entry and seeing her background. It’s pretty similar to that screenshot tbh.

Funny how only verrrry privileged people get into careers that revolve around writing about themselves and their opinions.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

I remember being shocked - SHOCKED - when I read Marina Hyde’s Wiki entry and seeing her background. It’s pretty similar to that screenshot tbh.

Funny how only verrrry privileged people get into careers that revolve around writing about themselves and their opinions.
Despite her silver spoon background, I actually quite like a lot of articles Marina Hyde has produced, I think she does have journalistic talent.

India, only nepotism has given her a career. Piss poor writing imo.

Reactions: 12
To be fair, Marina Hyde is sharp as a tack.
Completely agree. I love Marina Hyde. But it’s sad that there are many other sharp and clever women who will never get a chance to achieve what she has because of lack of contacts, inroads into elite education, the right circles etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Yep. I do think Marina Hyde is a really talented writer, but thinking about how many equally talented people who have never had and would never be given the same opportunities is so depressing.

ETA posted before I read most recent comments, sorry for repetition!

Reactions: 6
I like Marina Hyde’s writing too but never forget she used to shag Piers Morgan. He had an affair with her when he was with his first wife. It’s all a big incestuous pit of who knows who. I hate it

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Eric Joyce is still tweeting, or at least, retweeting.

He has been convicted of one of the most disgusting, abhorrent crimes there is. And yet this vile man still has the sheer brass neck to carry on tweeting about bollocks as if his opinion MATTERS.

If I sound angry that’s because I am. Luckily I have no abuse in my past but know a few who do and as a result, know just a bit of the damage child abuse does. It absolutely disgusts me that this revolting specimen apparently knows no shame.

Shame on him. And shame on India Knight for largely keeping quiet, breaking silence only to pass it off as a minor inconvenience to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Eric Joyce is still tweeting, or at least, retweeting.

He has been convicted of one of the most disgusting, abhorrent crimes there is. And yet this vile man still has the sheer brass neck to carry on tweeting about bollocks as of his opinion MATTERS.

If I sound angry that’s because I am. Luckily I have no abuse in my past but know a few who do and as a result, know just a bit of the damage child abuse does. It absolutely disgusts me that this revolting specimen apparently knows no shame.

Shame on him. And shame on India Knight for covering it up, keeping quiet, and passing it off as a minor inconvenience to her.
Totally agree. I know a few people who have suffered this kind of abuse (thankfully not me) and the devastation is causes is so immense and lasting. How she can stay with him is beyond me, and she has children with someone else, if I was their father I’d be trying to get sole custody as I wouldn’t want them anywhere near that monster. I also cannot believe all her blue tick friends are saying nothing . The whole thing is disgusting.

Reactions: 9
I knew a nurse that said of the Stuart Hall victims, "It's so long ago, why don't they just get over it?" I was FUMING! Absolutely no concept of nor empathy for the lasting and life changing damage that abuse results in. This person was a horror in a lot of ways, but you'd think the job would require SOME empathy at least.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.