Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Awful awful woman.
She and her revolting partner should be shunned by society and never ever be allowed to see their words in print, especially not if it means discussing children and the 'correct' ways of rearing them. She actually had the nerve to write there 'children are small and vulnerable' :mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Anyone else read her column in The Times today? The hypocrisy of a woman writing about young women’s right to walk the streets unmolested while living with a paedophile defies belief.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I am actually really upset with Suzanne Moore about this, I was really proud of her when she spoke up about the whole gender critical issue at the guardian last year. As others have said I really dislike birchill but am glad she is speaking up against Eric, but the fact that she has such awful views on so much almost invalidates what she says about anything
That Suzanne Moore comment to India's woe is me tweet wasn't even the most bizarre- Marian Keyes had replied with something like "you are the goodest of eggs India". The goodest of eggs? I mean, even if you take the sticking by a p a e d o out of the equation, India is objectively not a good egg- look how horrible and judgemental she is to women, look at the many sneering books she has written about what she considers the wrong kind of behaviours from women.

Blue ticks is just one massive circle jerk of fakery

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Anyone else read her column in The Times today? The hypocrisy of a woman writing about young women’s right to walk the streets unmolested while living with a paedophile defies belief.
She has no shame at all. Does she think if she blusters on long enough in denial people will forget?
I presume her daughter still can't live with her because she has chosen to live with a p*edophile?
She is a terrible person.

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I’m not ok with blaming women for the actions of their partners. I’ve supported women who have discovered their partners are guilty of similar crimes to EJ and it has absolutely devastated their lives. They were not responsible and absolutely needed and deserved support from their friends.
Only EJ is responsible for his crime.
I’m no fan of IK but I feel for her because this must have been a horrific experience.
I don’t blame India for Eric’s crimes at all.

I do partially blame her for helping him get less punishment by using their relationship and the “love of a good woman” tactic.

I also blame her for not addressing the situation appropriately on Twitter, and instead making it all about herself, with no spare thought for the victims of Eric’s crime.

I also find it absolutely shocking that she has stayed with him. She has the wealth and the connections (and seemingly, the support network) to move on, unlike many less privileged women who find themselves in similar situations.

So, while I don’t blame her for EJ’s actions, I certainly do think India needs to take a long hard look at herself and question why she’s still with him, and has effectively chosen him over her daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Yes, THIS! Absolutely no other criticism or opinions required. There’s a blurb for her book cover
And her defence of him meant he escaped a prison term. The judge actually said that.
She's a revolting individual. And apparently shameless.
Imagine her having the fucking nerve to criticise posters here when she knew full well what Eric had been up to at the time.

• Wow

Wolf359

Chatty Member
“Whatever happened”. That’ll be your partner looking at images of child rape, India.

• Sick
  • Angry

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
Why would she stay with a paedophile? Which meant her daughter had to move out of the home? And then some how makes it about poor her. She is making my blood boil.
Oh she'll have the coven rubbing her back and validating her choices for sure. I could remain friends with a woman whose husband turned out to be a pweirdo. I could not remain friends with one that chose to stand by him. You'd be watching him around your own kids like a hawk at gatherings etc. They truly are a different breed, that lot.

Why are so many of those mumsnet commenters so dense, like they'd never heard of the case? It was covered on the BBC - buried a bit in a regional tab, and Sky, and in various papers, and if you actually read the news as opposed to maybe scanning a few headlines, you would have seen it. Yes, it was not covered in as high a profile way it should have been, wall to wall, likely due to 'India''s (fucking pseud name there, Gisele) and her stepdaddy's status and links to the press, but still:

Eric Joyce: Ex-Labour MP sentenced for child sex offence - BBC News
Ex-Labour MP Eric Joyce facing jail over indecent photograph of child (telegraph.co.uk)
Eric Joyce: Former Labour MP admits making indecent photo of child | UK News | Sky News
Eric Joyce: Former Labour MP sentenced over making indecent image of child | The Independent | The Independent
Former Labour MP Eric Joyce pleads guilty to making indecent photograph of a child - Daily Record
Ex-Labour MP faces jail after admitting child abuse image offence | UK news | The Guardian

That's a selection of coverage. You can find a lot more.

Also, why are some of them so eager to believe child sex abuse images may just have accidentally cropped up on his computer? That shit doesn't happen. It doesn't fall onto your computer. You have to go looking for that kind of shit. If you're in possession of a cache of Category A CP, it's because you looked for it, accessed it, and made an active decision that you wanted to own it. You don't find CP of that nature anywhere but places you have to make a concerted effort to find and access either.

Finally, trying to make some stupid pseudo-feminist case of not blaming the woman for the man's crimes. Ugh. Nobody's blaming her for Eric's sexual preference for children between 1 and 10 years old or his downloading that material. I'm sure his paedophilia and likely his accessing of CSA images pre-existed their relationship. You don't suddenly develop a sexual preference for pre pubescent children in late middle age or after one too many drinks. What India is being blamed for is choosing to be a pathetic middle aged beard for a paedophile, and in fact helping him evade a custodial sentence by standing by her man like a good loyal wifey-wife. She's also being blamed for trying to use him as a threat against internet critics during the time he was under investigation and charged with sexual offences, and for subsequently prancing about Twitter like the whole ordeal was just so stressful for poor dear India and her poor misunderstood Eric, like they were the real victims, not the multiple infants and children under 7 being raped in the film he was prosecuted for owning.

• Heart
  • Sad

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I don't find it weird, I love that Julie is not willing to let India and Eric forget about Eric's crimes. I'd imagine she's so invested because India is trying to breezily pretend nothing has happened. And let's face it, most of the blue tick universe is letting her forget about it too

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's astonishing how IK with her n o n c e partner actually thinks that her life is better. I detest that woman so much

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Is there genuinely something wrong with India Knight? (Apart from her choice of partner obviously). She seems to have absolutely no self awareness and writes bizarrely provocative columns. Is it just pure arrogance?
Apart from here Julie Burchill seems to be the only person ever mentioning it.

Wobblehead

VIP Member
so disappointed in Jane at British Beauty Blog - promoting India's book. I know she is not responsible for her husband's heinous crimes but staying with him and helping him get a lesser sentence I am sorry there are just some things you don't do and this is one of them. Sorry Jane but this is a big fat NO from me

• Wow
  • Sad

Rosie878

VIP Member
She’s back giving her opinions in The Times again today. I never received a response to my complaint. Both still have their blue ticks on Twitter and Joyce seems to think people will appreciate being retweeted by him.

I don’t know what else to say or do but don’t feel like I can let this go. It makes me so angry!

• Angry

Debarkle

Chatty Member
What a coincidence! Especially as I can’t imagine middle aged men are India’s target audience.
4515C576-1D47-4E3E-8342-B6EBFB873D9A.jpeg
A97436FC-B710-4E3B-A865-1FAF8B9DE794.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow