If you had confirmed case of Covid, what were your symptoms?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s face it ... any symptoms of any illness and its now Covid! It’s weird how it seems Flu no longer exists..it’s Covid, colds no longer exists, a runny nose and a few sneezes..it’s Covid. You’ve got the shits..it’s not that super spicy curry where the chicken tasted a bit funny... you’ve got Covid!

Reactions: 10
I lost my sense of smell and taste and had a little bit of a cough. Never had a temp. My oh had the hiccups really bad for a day and a slight temp for half a day. We didn't even think he had it but after I tested positive I told him I must have gotten it from him. I had been working from home and not been around anyone but him. Whereas he is a probation parole officer and still has to meet with people. He went and did the antibody test and sure enough it came back positive.

Reactions: 1
I had a long list of symptoms ..Ihad temp but felt cold ,aching everywhere ,horrific sore throat at the beginning ,cough which didn’t come til a bit later on,awful sinus pain ,coughing up hard phlegm ,coughing up blood ,just coughing all kinds of tit up and having to force mucus up .Sorry to be so graphic .exhaustion .I will add I was 7 months pregnant so that may have made a difference .I was SO ill for about 2-3 weeks

Week 1 (2 days after positive test):
Felt like a mild cold, sniffles, a slight cough

Week 2:
Full blown flu-like symptoms. Stayed on the sofa for a week eating soup and drinking Lemsip. Sense of smell and taste completely gone.

Week 3:
No longer able to sit and watch TV. Bed bound, nausea, chills, fatigued, can't sit up, can't get up to get a drink, skin feel sore/sensitive, eyes are dryer than a desert, constant sneezing and I mean CONSTANT. Wheezing, but able to breathe. This part lasted about 3-4 days.

4 months later:
Sense of smell and taste is still not right. Certain things don't smell how they are supposed to, and some things are heightened and smell horrible. Constantly taking pain for headaches. Feel like it's had a massive affect on my nervous system. Sneezing that many times a day alone probably completely fucks you up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I tested positive in October as did my partner. I had shielded since march due to having severe asthma so naturally was fearful I would become really poorly. My partner had not a single symptom but I lost my taste and smell for 5 days and had a bit of a headache, that's it. In comparison, the December before (2019) I was shockingly poorly, told I had pneumonia, spent the best part of 3 weeks bed bound, includinh antibiotics for 7 weeks and steroids for 5 weeks just to get my breathing under control. It was only in October just gone that my doctor when looking back through my notes, stated he thought it was highly likely I actually had covid in the December first. I work at a major international airport so I guess it is plausible it just seems so strange how it affects people so differently.

Reactions: 3
Let’s face it ... any symptoms of any illness and its now Covid! It’s weird how it seems Flu no longer exists..it’s Covid, colds no longer exists, a runny nose and a few sneezes..it’s Covid. You’ve got the shits..it’s not that super spicy curry where the chicken tasted a bit funny... you’ve got Covid!
This literally isn’t true though. If you have the shits from a curry and get tested for Covid you probably don’t have Covid. Because of my job I have to get tested every time I feel under the weather and guess what - it’s never Covid. Flu and colds have decreased because no one is going anywhere or mixing with others. Everything is sanitised all the damn time. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I tested positive in October as did my partner. I had shielded since march due to having severe asthma so naturally was fearful I would become really poorly. My partner had not a single symptom but I lost my taste and smell for 5 days and had a bit of a headache, that's it. In comparison, the December before (2019) I was shockingly poorly, told I had pneumonia, spent the best part of 3 weeks bed bound, includinh antibiotics for 7 weeks and steroids for 5 weeks just to get my breathing under control. It was only in October just gone that my doctor when looking back through my notes, stated he thought it was highly likely I actually had covid in the December first. I work at a major international airport so I guess it is plausible it just seems so strange how it affects people so differently.

The part about December 2019 if you read my posts back on this thread are exactly how I was for 8 weeks! I think I had it (my household had it after my brother got back from abroad) if I get it again I’m so scared as I’ve never fully recovered I think I have ‘long Covid, I’ve had breathing troubles through 2020 and have had to chest X-rays cancelled and walking pneumonia too .hope you’re feeling fully better?

Reactions: 2
This literally isn’t true though. If you have the shits from a curry and get tested for Covid you probably don’t have Covid. Because of my job I have to get tested every time I feel under the weather and guess what - it’s never Covid. Flu and colds have decreased because no one is going anywhere or mixing with others. Everything is sanitised all the damn time. 🤦‍♀️
I was being tongue in cheek!

• Haha
I haven’t officially had Covid but I also was quite ill before Covid before Covid was all over the news quite as much as it is now. December 2019 I had a terrible cold and cough for about 2 weeks , very wheezy after exercising which resulted in coughing fire for 20 mins afterwards. This lasted 7 weeks then I went to the doctors with excessive coughing and he said it’s just a virus it’ll pass. ....... 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

I haven’t officially had Covid but I also was quite ill before Covid before Covid was all over the news quite as much as it is now. December 2019 I had a terrible cold and cough for about 2 weeks , very wheezy after exercising which resulted in coughing fire for 20 mins afterwards. This lasted 7 weeks then I went to the doctors with excessive coughing and he said it’s just a virus it’ll pass. ....... 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨
Same here, I’m not someone who usually gets coughs - but I had an awful virus in early December 2019. Coughing my guts up for weeks, went to the doctors a few times - they couldn’t say what it was and kept giving my antibiotics which did nothing. Quite a few people in my office had it, and interestingly these are all people that haven’t had covid. I do wonder if it was that, or something similar. I had an antibody test in May and didn’t have antibodies though so who knows!

I tested positive at the end of Decemeber 2020. Symptoms I had were loss of taste/smell, congestion, blocked nose and a weird sensation in my sinuses I cannot really explain, headaches and pain behind eyes, dizziness, chills/shivers, insomnia and extreme fatigue. Some of these symptoms are still lingering. Speaking to friends and family, symptoms vary from person to person and the list of symptoms associated with Covid-19 is quite a long one.

I tested positive in October, my symptoms were generally synonymous with that of a cold: runny nose, bunged up, sneezy, red and watery eyes and just feeling a bit 'meh'. I didn't really feel 'ill' but about 4/5 days later I lost my sense of taste and smell and that's when I realised that it was probably covid and I should take a test. My senses are now a bit distorted, sometimes things taste and smell weird and other times I can't smell anything at all.
It's worth mentioning that NO ONE who I was in contact with before I tested positive also tested positive and I hadn't been in contact with anyone (knowingly) that had it. So, I assume that I probably caught it in the supermarket / on public transport.

I hope that this helps anyone that thinks they might have / have had it!

Same here, I’m not someone who usually gets coughs - but I had an awful virus in early December 2019. Coughing my guts up for weeks, went to the doctors a few times - they couldn’t say what it was and kept giving my antibiotics which did nothing. Quite a few people in my office had it, and interestingly these are all people that haven’t had covid. I do wonder if it was that, or something similar. I had an antibody test in May and didn’t have antibodies though so who knows!
Same!

I wonder if the anti bodies would still be there months and month later? Maybe that’s explains it

My 7 year old has tested positive this week, we are really struggling to control his headaches. Any suggestions on what helped you all?
We've been trying all the normal calpol, ibuprofen etc and have been using tiger balm. I will contact 111 tomorrow but any advice is welcomed!

• Sad
The part about December 2019 if you read my posts back on this thread are exactly how I was for 8 weeks! I think I had it (my household had it after my brother got back from abroad) if I get it again I’m so scared as I’ve never fully recovered I think I have ‘long Covid, I’ve had breathing troubles through 2020 and have had to chest X-rays cancelled and walking pneumonia too .hope you’re feeling fully better?
Honestly the amount of people that have said the same is unreal. Im absolutely fine, I mean my breathings not 100% but it never really is. I do find it strange though as I usually get a couple of chest infections throughout the year especially with weather changes but I've not this year. I've actually been quite well. They said as I tested positive in October it's too late for the antibody test which would have confirmed if for the previous December, might be worth you trying that if you haven't tested positive since. Sorry I didn't see your initial post. Aww I hope you are okay too. I was so scared of getting it as I honestly thought that would be it for me but just keep doing what you're doing to stay safe

I became unwell in early January 2020 with covid symptoms of a fever, fatigue and dry cough . The cough lasted for weeks. I'd had a flu jab late autumn, and I hadn't been anywhere ( not even the shops because I stocked up beforehand) within the flu incubation period before falling ill, so I do wonder.

I've heard of other local people having similar symptoms in late 2019, early 2020 and non of them caught covid since the pandemic was announced. Maybe this is a coincidence because they have been more vigilant as they can remember feeling poorly.

I had covid at the beginning of the year. There was an outbreak on the ward i work on and we had to do routine tests. I did the test whilst at work. I didnt have symptoms but looking back I couldn’t concentrate at all. About 48 hours later I got the results to say I was positive and the symptoms started the following day. No temp or cough. Strange tickle at the back of my throat, extreme exhaustion, lost my sense of smell as appetite a few days later. Took me about two weeks to feel better. Was worse than I had expected. Many people at work had it, varying degrees of symptoms.

I became unwell in early January 2020 with covid symptoms of a fever, fatigue and dry cough . The cough lasted for weeks. I'd had a flu jab late autumn, and I hadn't been anywhere ( not even the shops because I stocked up beforehand) within the flu incubation period before falling ill, so I do wonder.

I've heard of other local people having similar symptoms in late 2019, early 2020 and non of them caught covid since the pandemic was announced. Maybe this is a coincidence because they have been more vigilant as they can remember feeling poorly.
This is me!
I had the worst cold I’ve ever had in January 2020. We flew home New Year’s Eve from Ireland and I was getting ill on the plane.
I had the worst cough I’ve ever had, fevers, no taste at all for about 2 weeks. The cough lasted until at least the start of lockdown, I know this as we went to see a comedian the Friday before Boris locked us all down and had to leave as I was coughing my guts up still.
Part of me really thinks I had it then, part of me isn’t sure whether to believe that it really wasn’t around until later in the year

Reactions: 3
Started with just a really really bad headache and nausea. After my positive result I lost my taste/smell for about 9 days.