Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AshMay

VIP Member
The way we were all rooting for this girl and sympathetic as she's been through a lot - but dragging this influencer thing while doing 0 work just makes me lose patience for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Helmi

I don’t see it I see Alix as the weight she’s been for years except for that one shitty year when she lost a stone maybe a bit more because her mum died and her boyfriend left her. As awful as that year was emotionally she was her most body confident and would probably like to look like that again which is a shame as she’s perfect but doesn’t look her best when she squeezes her thighs and hips in too tight jeans
I have to say, I can really relate to Alix on this one. I have been overweight my whole adult life, until at 26 years old I lost a drastic amount of weight due to a very stressful period in my life (a break-up, writing my master's thesis, having to move back in with my parents etc.). All my friends and family were telling me I looked great. Then, I slowly started to gain the weight back and finally, during lockdown, I was back to my old weight. I was so ashamed. How could I let myself go this way? I felt so ugly and hated buying new, bigger clothes that would fit me. I felt like such a failure.

So all this said – I can only imagine what it's like to take pictures and video footage of yourself, edit them and try to feel good about yourself when the entire society is telling you that being bigger = bad.

P.S. I think Alix looks gorgeous at any size.

• Heart

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Spare time?! Spare time from what?! She doesn’t do any work!! She just posts an occasional picture of a coffee and a croissant and several lazy swipe up links. It’s a bit of kick in the teeth for those of us who do work for a living.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Only Alix could make Christmas and the holidays into some somber, Tim Burton-esque nightmare time of year. She has a real talent.

I’m not feeling festive after seeing that photo, I’m now depressed.

• Haha

kalechips

VIP Member
The virtue signalling on her insta stories today is disgusting. Some people don’t have the choice but to get on with their normal jobs…

“can’t focus on anything else” is a bold thing to say when she never seems to have anything else to focus on.
She originally had content to post today? Sure Alix, sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I actually have come to believe that Alix has serious issues— I don‘t mean that in a flippant way or to be mean, but genuinely there is something wrong with what I assume are severe control issues of some sort? It’s beyond perfectionism, but idk how you’d label it. She is obsessed with maintaining a certain control over her ‘aesthetic’ and image or whatever you’d want to call it, to the point where she basically stops working completely, and honestly I know people assume she is just calm and chill on camera but at this point I’m realizing she is robotic and won’t do anything but speak gently at a low volume in a beige-neutral room in a loose neutral sweater because anything else escapes that bubble of control. And she pretends to just be calm and pleasant but I feel like there is something else going on there, it’s like you can’t imagine her losing that control for a second even to like… laugh uproariously or weirdly? You know what I mean?

The thing is, she is financially stable from being a relatively successful YouTuber back in the day, so she is not yet ‘forced’ to deal with those issues as others might be who find themselves unable to do their day-to-day activities because they aren’t getting an income.

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
How awful to find life so uninteresting.
I am twice her age and despite having health/mental health issues find every day full of interest and new experiences. I’m volunteering for 4 different organisations, pursuing my hobbies and am excited for every day I wake up.
If she isn’t already, she needs to seek help.

• Heart

kalechips

VIP Member
Still getting #gifted treatments. It’s alright for some!
Bragging about 'living her best life' getting pampered for free and living luxuriously while doing absolutely nothing to have earned it, during a global pandemic where people are literally fighting to oxygen to breathe just boggles my mind, I know it isn't her fault but just wow the world is so unfair. I think I need to unfollow

• Heart

strawb

VIP Member
and that response with how there was supposed to be a video mid jan but then the weeks ran away and HOPEFULLY there will be a video in march? lol

• Haha
  • Sad

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
Her vlogmas should be titled: vlogmas, but make it sepia. Snapshots from a depression addled mind*.

* I have a depression addled mind.

Also: NO, Alice, we / the world are not at a standstill. YOU are at a standstill. Most of us have had to continue on with work as if the pandemic were not raging, and countless healthcare workers have had to continue working right alongside the pandemic.
For the vast majority of the world life is continuing on. You’re just sitting around waiting for everything to end so you can start sporadically posting again.

Also, I see your vlogmas money grab for exactly what it is — cashing in on the most lucrative time of the year and a way to keep your channel monetized since you’ve been inactive for so long. Bore off.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Luna252

VIP Member
I really don’t understand what she has to be so stressed/anxious about when she doesn’t actually do anything? And in the current climate it all feels a bit tone deaf. Many people have had mental health issues over the last year or so, unfortunately they don’t have the luxury of being able to take that amount of time off work.

Reactions: 25
Lol aren’t the Sunday blues felt by people with actual jobs they have to show up for and complete work for? Like “I’m nervous for another week of work” not “I’m nervous for another week of pretending I have work”
Does she even pretend to work though?!
I can’t believe how tone deaf she’s been this entire year. As someone her age with a full time job, it’s quite offensive to see her making out like she’s busy and working 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

fadedglow

The 5-day work week is a scam and good on her if she doesn't have to work like us regular folk, but to do so only when it's convenient for her and when she's reliant on shilling products to her followers is not right. If she's not loyal to us, why be loyal to her? She's never been consistent with YouTube and at this point, she never will be. I wonder how much she even still enjoys it.

• Heart

Sophie85

0D24A850-A5E4-4591-A57B-F4BD440712C1.jpeg

minimal style as in she doesn’t really have any..? 🙊
Also she may as well put “minimal content” at this point too

• Haha