IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rang 111 for advice and they didn’t give any but they’ve booked me a face to face at my own GP tomorrow which I’m grateful for

I've not been diagnosed, but pretty sure I have IBS. I suffer with bloating and with really loose stools and an urgency to go. Ive had a heavy weekend of celebrations (in laws birthdays) and a wedding, so have probably over indulged. My stomach now feels so uncomfortable, bloated and cramps and I have to run to the toilet. Please help with remedies. I have taken Imodium.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I've not been diagnosed, but pretty sure I have IBS. I suffer with bloating and with really loose stools and an urgency to go. Ive had a heavy weekend of celebrations (in laws birthdays) and a wedding, so have probably over indulged. My stomach now feels so uncomfortable, bloated and cramps and I have to run to the toilet. Please help with remedies. I have taken Imodium.
I’d try out a low FODMAP diet to see if there are foods which trigger your symptoms.. it’s often recommended for those with IBS (once coeliacs/endo/ibd is excluded)

peppermint tea, buscopan for the cramps and I tend to stick to very plain foods when having a flare (white rice, pasta, toast etc). Hope you feel better soon

We’ll I saw the gp and he says it’s muscular twitching but he’s no idea why and he’s given me medication to take if the spasms are really doing my head in but warned they have side effects and booked me in for an aortic something scan and bloods as a belt and braces thing and just said come back if it gets worse so god knows

This is me.
Currently being referred back to my bowel consultant as my gynaecologist is like nah this isn't endometriosis.
They think it's Crohn's
I have endo but it looks this has masked the crohns and I was just ticked off the list and now the gynaecologist is like it's not endo but I have fallen through the cracks.

I have been extremely ill. It's no fun.
I've been hospitalised a few times, with severe bowel Infections. They've found tethering and weak areas of the bowel and scars etc

I have some hideous problems that doesn't coincidence with my period or ovulation.
Blood in stools
Fever...feels like I'm coming down with flu
Migraine
Sinus problems
Blood in stools
Mucas in stools
All of a sudden horrendous diarrhea
Constipation
Extreme tiredness with a flare-up like 14 hours sleep and still can't wake up
Brain fog
Face rash with flare up
Mouth ulcers
Have had angular cellulitis that needs strong meds as my body can't clear it up and fight the infection
Horrendous stomach pain in areas I can pinpoint ...like I was to pull my intestine out
Stomach pain makes me faint

Idk if this is crohns but I have it in the family and my GP is now going back to my bowel consultant.
I don't buy that it's endometriosis
With a list of symptoms like that a referral to Gastro would sort it out.

My GP decided they'd try and diagnose and spent ages faffing about. I moved house and GP, and the new GP referred me to Gastro. First apt with the consultant and he said if was a betting man he'd say it was Crohns. Colonosopy, lots of bloods and an MRI and I had a diagnosis and was on treatment within 12 weeks (this was 2017, so pre Covid).

Had a couple of flares early on, but been in remission now since Nov 2018.

Hope you got well soon, as others have said, shout if you have any questions!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi,

I have distal colitis and was diagnosed when I was 21, I had been having many symptoms which prompted me to see my GP which included bloating to the point I was asked 'when are you due', being overcome the feeling I was about to puke, going to the toilet loads and I was also losing blood. I went to the GP on repeat and was told I had IBD, it was common and sent on my way, blood tests showed some abnormalities but they never pursued anything.

My family paid for me to see a gastroentrologist privately for a consultation and with no tests or investigation he said 'ulcerative colitis'. It was around £200 and he then transferred me to his NHS list for urgent treatment. I am almost 30 and still under his care, still suffering and i firmly believe of my GP had listened and cared about my complaints, it wouldn't be as bad as it is now. I've had horrendous health since and I think it has been a domino affect on my body.

I would highly reccomend, if you are able to do so - going for a private consult.

I am now on vedolizumab treatment.

Dx

I was diagnosed at 18 with Ulcerative Colitis, stress definitely brought mine on.

I was using the toilet around 15 times a day, losing an unreal amount of weight. It was almost 14lb's one week alone. I managed to control it myself with eliminating certain foods for many years and and was in remission. Over the years I have had many mini flare ups but I could tell they were getting longer and more severe. Things came to a head around 4/5 years ago where I was a virtual recluse, the fear of going anywhere and not being able to find a toilet was unbearable. The number of times I was using the loo in a day was no joke, it was also disturbing my sleep as I was having to get up in the night.

I decided enough was enough and after many prescriptions of steroids I asked my consultant to give me a bag as I was getting desperate. I got to the point of telling my husband to leave me and go and find a new partner who he could live a better life with (reliving that has actually brought tears to my eyes 😭) anyway my consultant said absolutely no way before we try other options and he was excellent about it. He said go and research the different immunosuppressants and tell me which one you want to try first.

I am in my early 40's now and on 8 weekly infusions of Vedolizumab and have been in remission since I started it about 4 years ago.

Bowel issues are horrendous, I feel for anyone suffering, the paralysing fear of not being near or able to find a toilet is not to be taken lightly or the toll it takes on your physical and mental health ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey guys, great news, I’ve tested positive for Covid this week!

IBD team have told me to stop taking Azathioprine for 2 weeks.

I’m not feeling too bad at the moment, oxygen levels fine, mostly achy, headachy and coughing.

I had infliximab last week so thinking this could be a slow recovery.
Anyone else have any experiences they can share or have any tips!?

• Sad
Reactions: 3

I’m not feeling too bad at the moment, oxygen levels fine, mostly achy, headachy and coughing.

I tested positive in July had to delay my infliximab by a few weeks and keepof methotrexate for the same. It did kick off my symptoms a bit but luckily avoided a full blown flare up. Stay well x
in other news I’m off to see the surgeon this afternoon to see if he’s going to open me up for the 3rd time 😬

I tested positive in July Andrade to delay my infliximab by a few weeks and keepof methotrexate for the same. It did kick off my symptoms a bit but luckily avoided a full blown flare up. Stay well x
in other news I’m off to see the surgeon this afternoon to see if he’s going to open me up for the 3rd time 😬
Thanks!
I’m hoping I’ll keep away from a flare up. This weeks food delivery has all my ‘safe’ foods in it!

oh wow, I hope that all goes well and the right decision for you is made :)

Yup!
I had covid and have Crohn's Disease.
Not gonna lie I felt bloody awful but only lasted a couple weeks. Make sure you take paracetamol every 6 hours or so that really helped. Sleep on your front if you can and just rest but also move around every hour or so.

I'm sure you will be fine but it's not pleasant experience. If you have IBD I'm sure you've been through much worse haha

Ugh so sorry you’ve got the dreaded Covid!! I tested positive 3 weeks ago and I have crohns, it didn’t affect my meds as I had my Infliximab infusion the week before.
Not gonna lie - it wasn’t pleasant! I couldn’t believe how poorly I was considering I’m double jabbed. But it only lasted around a week! I mainly suffered with vertigo, migraines and exhaustion plus a heavy head cold. Im feeling back to normal now but still having a nap every day, think it’ll just take a while. I’ve been in “remission” for a good few years but have always struggled with fatigue, so unsurprising it’s left me tired.
Really hope you have a fast recovery! Take care and make sure you get lots of rest xx

Reactions: 2
Have any of you had your invite for a booster covid vaccine? Are you going to take it?
I gor a text this week and it mentioned the increased risk of complications but also said 'you are now due your booster as it is over six months since your second dose'. I've booked in for the start of October as it was the first appointment. Hope everyone has a good weekend x

Have any of you had your invite for a booster covid vaccine? Are you going to take it?
I gor a text this week and it mentioned the increased risk of complications but also said 'you are now due your booster as it is over six months since your second dose'. I've booked in for the start of October as it was the first appointment. Hope everyone has a good weekend x
I keep thinking about this. I've read I will need it as I take Adalimumab but I haven't had a text yet.

I probably will end up having it though as a few months back I had an awful cold or flu (don't know what it was). I tested negative for covid but if I was that bad with that then I can imagine covid would be alot worse.

I keep thinking about this. I've read I will need it as I take Adalimumab but I haven't had a text yet.

I probably will end up having it though as a few months back I had an awful cold or flu (don't know what it was). I tested negative for covid but if I was that bad with that then I can imagine covid would be alot worse.
It did say on the message that a flu jab must also be arranged when they are available. Hopefully you get a text soon x

I've not taken the vaccine at all.

I had Covid in July as did 4/5 family members, luckily it was in-between infusions. I was the worst affected unsurprisingly and was in bed for a week. Although the other 2 were in bed but for a shorter time and 1 had hardly any symptoms. I would say it was the equivalent of having flu.....real flu, I had it when I was 18 actually on my 18th Birthday so the memories are etched!

Now the 1/5 straggler has tested positive this morning on a PCR and my infusion is next week. I'll have to postpone by a week as it will be within the 10 days. I'm not worried though as after 35ish infusions I'm in remission and my body can withstand a little alteration here and there.

My infusion centre let's me jiggle appointments as needs be on occasion, ie a week early or a week late if needs be for holiday etc they are really good 👍

Ugh so sorry you’ve got the dreaded Covid!! I tested positive 3 weeks ago and I have crohns, it didn’t affect my meds as I had my Infliximab infusion the week before.
Not gonna lie - it wasn’t pleasant! I couldn’t believe how poorly I was considering I’m double jabbed. But it only lasted around a week! I mainly suffered with vertigo, migraines and exhaustion plus a heavy head cold. Im feeling back to normal now but still having a nap every day, think it’ll just take a while. I’ve been in “remission” for a good few years but have always struggled with fatigue, so unsurprising it’s left me tired.
Really hope you have a fast recovery! Take care and make sure you get lots of rest xx
Yeah it hit me yesterday, mainly aches and fatigue. Luckily work have been really good about it, so I can take the time I need to get better

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've not taken the vaccine at all.

I had Covid in July as did 4/5 family members, luckily it was in-between infusions. I was the worst affected unsurprisingly and was in bed for a week. Although the other 2 were in bed but for a shorter time and 1 had hardly any symptoms. I would say it was the equivalent of having flu.....real flu, I had it when I was 18 actually on my 18th Birthday so the memories are etched!

Now the 1/5 straggler has tested positive this morning on a PCR and my infusion is next week. I'll have to postpone by a week as it will be within the 10 days. I'm not worried though as after 35ish infusions I'm in remission and my body can withstand a little alteration here and there.

My infusion centre let's me jiggle appointments as needs be on occasion, ie a week early or a week late if needs be for holiday etc they are really good 👍
Hope they feel better soon xx

I had a call from my GP wanting to book me in for next week, but as I currently have Covid I’ve gotta wait 28 days

I’ve already had my flu jab and got a letter yesterday with an apt for my Covid booster on Wed. I have mixed feelings about it as along with others from work I have had terrible fatigue since my original jabs in Jan. I work in social care and it seems too much of a coincidence that we’ve all had the same side effect. I suffer really bad with fatigue and have low b12 and iron as it is