I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nadine Merabi. It’s a real shame because I actually really like the dresses but it’s insane how much they’ve gifted to influencers

Reactions: 2
Wild deodorant because of all the influencers and also because when I messaged them that the deodorant had stopped working for me their response was 'we are a natural product therefore we may stop working' cop out excuse.

Sweaty Betty purely because of Alice Liveing advertising them at the same time as she was wearing a different brand.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Disney or any place that sells Disney tickets.

They used to invite Travel Agents on fully paid familiarisation trips. Part of this trip was experiencing it, but also going to their sales conferences and graduating from Stars or their new 'College of Disney knowledge'.

In recent times, Disney and co have almost binned the Travel Agent off and provided much more to influencers.

Same as most other Tour Operators, who no longer like the third party to be a Travel Agent but prefers them to be an influencer.

I understand that Travel Agents are a dying trade, but it's like that old saying 'dont bite the hand that feeds you'.

How do these companies make any money? Surely they will go bust soon
Because the product value is a lot higher than it takes to produce it. They can afford to give things away for nothing. These companies should do giveaways so people who are actually interested will have a chance, instead of these wannabe celebrities

Reactions: 1
Hello fresh not only gift the meals to influencers! According to an American YouTuber she gets paid $5000 monthly from hello fresh to show it on her blog

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Wild deodorant because of all the influencers and also because when I messaged them that the deodorant had stopped working for me their response was 'we are a natural product therefore we may stop working' cop out excuse.

Sweaty Betty purely because of Alice Liveing advertising them at the same time as she was wearing a different brand.
It gave me armpit lumps. When I messaged them they said yes it can happen because it all natural .

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Absolute Collegen .

Not that I'd buy ir anyway but there are loads of sponsored ads for it popping up with a different influencer . Like Stripy Coral and that Anna what's her face. And others.

Do they each know that someone else has been given it too?

Look Fantastic. Used to buy the majority of my hair care and makeup there, had a dreadful experience with a Christmas order, over £200 worth of stuff ( and on previous order) Their customer service is dire. If only they spent as much effort keeping their paying cutworms happy, ray(er than fawning all over their non paying influencers. I’ve opted out of emails and asked to be removed from their database. I will never buy anything from them or the associated Hut Group again.

Reactions: 4
Look Fantastic. Used to buy the majority of my hair care and makeup there, had a dreadful experience with a Christmas order, over £200 worth of stuff ( and on previous order) Their customer service is dire. If only they spent as much effort keeping their paying cutworms happy, ray(er than fawning all over their non paying influencers. I’ve opted out of emails and asked to be removed from their database. I will never buy anything from them or the associated Hut Group again.
FYI the hut group now own cult beauty

• Sad
It gave me armpit lumps. When I messaged them they said yes it can happen because it all natural .
Oh no! Did they go away when you stopped using it?
(I've just received my first package from Wild but not started using it yet).

Companies I'm trying to avoid;
  • Nails Inc - partly because I think they're boring now but mostly for their gifting influencers
  • Cheap fashion sites like Shein etc - I'm poor atm but don't want to give them what little money I have when more affluent people get stuff for free/discounted; also ethical reasons re. Environment, wages for staff, etc.
  • Most make-up brands - I'm going to use up what I have, might not buy anymore unless I can find a decent brand

Last edited:
Oh yes! How can I forget about Shein?
I tried them out during the summer because they had so many styles and were so cheap, but I should have known better. They're cheap because they're completely unethical. Fashion in general (with some exceptions) is unsustainable and unethical, but Shein is one of the worst offenders. It's eye-roll inducing when influencers talk about sustainability in one post yet tag Shein in another. :rolleyes: I ended up keeping a few items from Shein but try to wear them as often as possible so I'm at least getting mileage out of it vs binning it after a few months.

Mindful chef, was there anyone not promoting them in Jan?! They were everywhere

I saw a lot of influencers even create their own paid ads for it which felt extremely sleazy and an indication of how much kickback they must get for it to be worthwhile investing in ads

They haven’t so much gifted I don’t think but I’m sick of seeing Olaplex being flogged all over tik Tok, tbh I’m probably more so sick of seeing things being flogged on social media full stop I go on to be social not shop sorry if I’m slightly off topic I’ve been holding that in for a while 😂

Reactions: 6
How do these companies make any money? Surely they will go bust soon
Marketing&PR divisions get ridiculous budgets approved somehow, and sometimes these companies don't make enough money thus the change in management or ownership and sometimes those changes are not widely publicized. For those who are actually making money, the budgets are not allocated evenly across all divisions so they can still afford to give stuff away.