Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I own an iontophoresis machine for personal use at home. I’ve had it for years now. It has changed my life. I treat my hands and feet 1-2 times a week and the sweating has completely stopped. Words can’t explain how much it can change a person’s life. I bought it from SweatGuard online.
I'm going to look into this. Thank you for the recommendation!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I had hyperhidrosis under my arms for years, driclor didn’t work and the Botox only provided a temporary relief. I eventually got some of the sweat glands taken out (under local anaesthetic, it was the strangest feeling!) which has been amazing.
Have you found that sweating increased in other areas? My GP mentioned having sweat glands removed when I went a few years ago but I wasn’t sure about it

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
I had hyperhidrosis under my arms for years, driclor didn’t work and the Botox only provided a temporary relief. I eventually got some of the sweat glands taken out (under local anaesthetic, it was the strangest feeling!) which has been amazing.
I didn’t know you could do this!

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I was obsessed with my iontophoresis machine and it completely stopped my sweating for years.

Recently, I had a copper coil fitted (no other decent contraceptive choices for me) and now I can no longer use the iontophoresis machine due to the electrical current and the coil.

I have been using roll-on on my hands and feet but honestly, it’s crap and my quality of life now feels worse.

Can anyone recommend some good products for hands and feet?

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I have hyperhidrosis! Mitchum unscented roll on is my holy grail. Put on a layer, let it dry and add another layer. Also, my sweat is not a clear liquid it is slightly cloudy and causes yellow staining on my clothes. I have to wash them on a hot wash otherwise the sweat dries crusty even if the clothes are washed. For underboob sweat, I only ever wear sports bras because the sweat doesn't collect.

I've been living with it since age 14 so about 9 years. It just takes a lot of trial and error. Also, try not to be embarrassed! If you ever feel bad about it just explain that it's a medical condition and I find people are quite understanding.
I use Mitchum spray but didn’t realise their roll on would be that good!

Kaye1976

Me and my 2 daughters have this in our hands and feet. Summer is a killer for me as can only wear flip flops and nothing else.

Dogwithabone

Chatty Member
Thank you so much ladies. @SazzyB thats very helpful, educational info to me so thanks so much.

I am at the end of my tether with it all. I think I tried that before, but if I remember correctly, I used it after I had just showered and shaved and OMG 🔥 do I need to say anymore! 🤣 does this sound like the one? Did I use it incorrectly? I will purchase and try again.. anything is worth a go. My tops are awful the smell returns after I have washed and ironed them. I feel revolting! My daughter is about to spend a lengthy time in hospital and I am dreading the sweating, I can’t stop panicking about everything 😭

Fizzwhizz2020

Chatty Member
I’ve never suffered from it but I have a friend who did and she swore by Botox under the armpits. Worked for her. Not sure if that helps x

Louisej3

VIP Member
My Ex had this and he would just pour he'd go for a 5 min walk or bike ride and he come back soaked he's allergic to rightguard and a few other sprays

champagnepinkk

VIP Member

This thread should help 😁

moimoi

VIP Member
Thank you so much ladies. @SazzyB thats very helpful, educational info to me so thanks so much.

I am at the end of my tether with it all. I think I tried that before, but if I remember correctly, I used it after I had just showered and shaved and OMG 🔥 do I need to say anymore! 🤣 does this sound like the one? Did I use it incorrectly? I will purchase and try again.. anything is worth a go. My tops are awful the smell returns after I have washed and ironed them. I feel revolting! My daughter is about to spend a lengthy time in hospital and I am dreading the sweating, I can’t stop panicking about everything 😭
Definitely don't put it on after you've shaved!! I put it on before I went to bed which I think is the recommended thing to do. Worth another go for sure!

I’m currently getting this at night too. I don’t know what to do about it! I feel like I’ve tried everything and have been sleeping under a thin duvet with the window wide open and barely any clothes on in bed and I’m still waking up sweating every night. Thinking about contacting my GP - not sure if I should be worried!

I am generally freezing during the day too. It only gets me at night!

Happy35

My son has this but only at night, the sweat pours off him. OH is also sweaty at night but not quite as bad.

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Yep you can, I had it done under the NHS. It was a while ago now, about 15 years ago so I can’t remember the exact details but the effectiveness of the Botox was less and less so they offered me that.
Thanks for letting me know!
@boobear191 - unfortunately I’m the same, I feel proper embarrassed to call up about it 🤣 because I know I sweat a lot but what if they actually say it’s normal?! 🤣🤣🤣 I’ve been using Glycolic acid on my underarms and groin and it’s helped a lot! Same with Mitchum deodorant but that’s all for now … I do wanna try Botox

Taythomlau

I used to get it quite bad underarm, I've used Mitchum roll on for years and that seems to have solved it. One thing I can't solve is my facial sweating which gets me down soooo much, the only positive of the last 12 months is that I haven't had it as badly. Does anyone know what would work fof serious facial sweating please?

krillernew

VIP Member
Has anyone tried Driclor? I find that works for me but you have to be consistent with it to see results.
I used Driclor on my underarms when I was a teenager. It was like a miracle product for me! It completely solved my problems. Exessive sweating (as a result of high anxiety) made me really insecure and had quite a big impact on my life. I also found Dettol soap worked really well alongside it.