Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Has anyone tried Driclor? I find that works for me but you have to be consistent with it to see results.
I used Driclor when I had issues (thyroid driven) and it was quite good. I used to roll it across my forehead too. It stung a bit but did the trick. The sweat would pour down my face otherwise.

I currently use Sure Maximum Protection. It works well enough for me at the moment but wouldn't have been enough when my sweating was at it's worst.

Reactions: 1

ack13

Have you found that sweating increased in other areas? My GP mentioned having sweat glands removed when I went a few years ago but I wasn’t sure about it
Yes I remember having some excess sweating in my feet for a short while after however it went away after about 6 months and I’ve never had any issues since. I would definitely recommend it if you get the opportunity again.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I have hyperhidrosis too and feel your pain - I literally have to avoid wearing certain materials/colours because of the inevitable sweat patches.

I had Botox injections a couple of years ago when I got completely fed up with it. I thought they were working to start with, but overall they didn’t make much difference. I paid £390 so it was an expensive thing to try for it not to work!

I’ve been to the doctors too and he recommended driclor. He said the only other option would be surgery to remove the sweat glands but they would only do this in really really extreme cases, it’s not a common thing

So driclor is my next thing to try!

Base2019

VIP Member
I suffered from this under my arms in particular and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Anhydrol Forte, it's a medicated roll on got in the pharmacy, literally changed my life overnight! Be careful though, read the instructions 👌🏼
Agree this stuff is amazing!!! I used it for my wedding day as I didn’t want to sweat or leave any tan marks on my dress. I recommend it to everyone now 💪🏻 A friend of mine uses it all the time as he is very self conscious about his excessive sweating. He can’t be without it. He’s been able to cut down the usage aswell over time which is great

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Someone mentioned a laser type treatment on another thread, which has permanent results. I looked into it and I’m thinking about having it done. Can’t remember what it was called now but I’ll have a look!

Ignore me, it’s literally a few posts back on this thread 😂 baby brain! Mirafry - it looks really good

Last edited:

Emmy44

VIP Member
I suffer from excessive sweating-but it is concentrated on my back. Perspiration pours from that area when it is hot or I am exerting heavily.
I’m exactly the same! Only the last couple months it’s been this way. Even if I walk to the shops, I get sooo hot and by the time I’m home again I need a shower. My back is the biggest problem, but my overall body gets so hot also and I have droplets of sweat it’s awful. It was 2C the other day and my partner was in 3 layers + a massive coat and I had to take my lightweight jacket off and was walking around in a tshirt and I felt a perfect temperature! Does this sound like Hyperhidrosis? I actually hadn’t heard of it until I saw this thread. I’m not sure if I should go to the doctors or not, because I don’t want them to think I’m being stupid but it’s soo miserable

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Glad I found this thread, I have always sweated quite a bit, would get into work and Would worry I actually smelt! Have had to throw work tops in the bin etc as haven't been able to get the sweat smell out. Makes me so paranoid! I have just ordered some dricolour on amazon :)

catscradle

My brother has it but with his feet! It’s awful, his socks are really damp at the end of the day with it. Nagging him to go to the doctors to see what treatment he could get for it. I’ve heard there’s some kind of electric pulse therapy that sorts it- has anyone had it? Is it available on the nhs?
There's a treatment available called Miradry which essentially is a laser treatment that permanently eliminates the odour and sweat glands in your armpits. I don't think it's available on the NHS (yet) although there are a number of clinics in London that offer it. It is pricey admittedly (like £1500) but from what I have read the results are essentially permanent. It could be worth asking about.

I've suffered from hyperhidrosis under my arms for years - I've tried Driclor and whilst it's definitely reduced my sweating to an extent it's a bit hit and miss. Botox seems pretty effective but would end up being extortionate given that it's only temporary. I just graduated university last year so hoping to save up and eventually opt for a more permanent solution like Miradry tbh.

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
My brother has it but with his feet! It’s awful, his socks are really damp at the end of the day with it. Nagging him to go to the doctors to see what treatment he could get for it. I’ve heard there’s some kind of electric pulse therapy that sorts it- has anyone had it? Is it available on the nhs?

GracieGo.

We did offer Iontophoresis treatment at the hospital I work at but unfortunately this has been withdrawn during the current crisis. Let's hope all services will be resumed throughout our hospitals soon.

ack13

I didn’t know you could do this!
Yep you can, I had it done under the NHS. It was a while ago now, about 15 years ago so I can’t remember the exact details but the effectiveness of the Botox was less and less so they offered me that.

Agree this stuff is amazing!!! I used it for my wedding day as I didn’t want to sweat or leave any tan marks on my dress. I recommend it to everyone now 💪🏻 A friend of mine uses it all the time as he is very self conscious about his excessive sweating. He can’t be without it. He’s been able to cut down the usage aswell over time which is great
I'm the same! Used it as needed for a few years or so and don't need to unless I want to be doubley sure in the heat now 😊

GracieGo.

I own an iontophoresis machine for personal use at home. I’ve had it for years now. It has changed my life. I treat my hands and feet 1-2 times a week and the sweating has completely stopped. Words can’t explain how much it can change a person’s life. I bought it from SweatGuard online.
I'm really glad this works well for you.

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Thank you so much ladies. @SazzyB thats very helpful, educational info to me so thanks so much.

I am at the end of my tether with it all. I think I tried that before, but if I remember correctly, I used it after I had just showered and shaved and OMG 🔥 do I need to say anymore! 🤣 does this sound like the one? Did I use it incorrectly? I will purchase and try again.. anything is worth a go. My tops are awful the smell returns after I have washed and ironed them. I feel revolting! My daughter is about to spend a lengthy time in hospital and I am dreading the sweating, I can’t stop panicking about everything 😭
NEVER use it after shaving! It stings like a bitch at times anyway, let alone on shaved skin, I’m squirming just imagining!

I am excessively sweaty under my arms, but it hasn’t been as bad in recent years as it’s mostly when I’m in public and I stay at home a lot (rather than work, I do leave the house 😂) with the kids. It’s been amazing not having to worry So much these last years. I’m pregnant atm and that makes it ten times worse though, I stank by the end of work today, and I didn’t wear a Christmas jumper (on Christmas jumper day) as it is grey and as you know, it’s the worst for sweat.

Anyway, I’m really careful in what I wear, certain fabrics make mine worse and where possible I try to avoid clothes that cling under the arms, as less chance of the top getting soaked and stinking.

Another recommendation for Driclor here. I've had episodes of an overactive thyroid in the past and literally poured sweat during those times. Years ago I used to apply it everywhere: armpits, creases and literally roll it across my forehead at one point.

It's been ages since I used it but does anyone know if it works on nightsweats? Im waking up drenched some nights. It's so grim.

tbo

I use Driclor for under my arms and it made a massive difference however I sweat quite badly elsewhere including my back and groin/bottom where like an earlier poster mentioned there may be a line when I stand up out of a chair etc - anybody got any solutions, not sure if Driclor would be an option but willing to try anything that might help!

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
My OH is very sweaty, he did used to get a roll on from the GP but hasnt had it for a long time. Ruins pillows!!

But honestly, i have such a sweaty bum 🤦🏻‍♀️ i dread sitting on a plastic chair and there being a big sweat patch when i get up. I panic wearing lighter jeans too.

penny1992

Chatty Member
My feet sweat like crazy, to the point that i got athlete's foot and nail fungus 😭. Ive just finished three months of antifungal and my feet look better, hopefully it stays that way. I also have an antifungal topical and wash. Does anyone else have very sweaty feet? Ive been using an antiperspirant on them and it seems to be helping.
I also got a fungal rash on my torso and thighs from sweating while exercising. The topical cream cleared it up but i worry about it coming back especially in summer.

• Heart
A lady I work with has this and she goes every year to have Botox in each arm pit through the NHS and she said it’s the best thing she’s ever done, and she hasn’t started sweating anywhere else more ☺

Web30

VIP Member
I use certain dri, works really well for me and im at the point where i only need to use it every few days. It does itch though!