Hygge for Home

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else finding this account is starting to grate on them?

I’ve followed Reena for a couple of years and liked some elements of her style in the old house but just recently her obvious desire for freebies and posts about dream holidays ( which result in a gifted holiday) are really starting to make her account feel like a blatant attempt to get as much free stuff/discounts for her new house as possible. No competitions, no advice for followers ... really gone of track IMO.

Reactions: 3
I stopped following her before she had even moved house. I couldn't bear reading her moaning anymore!
What got me in the end was about 6 weeks after she had come back from a holiday to Iceland that had just been for her and her husband she was moaning about how they hadn't had a date night since the holiday!! I mean the woman moans a lot, she hasn't got a clue and it seems must have very deep pockets with the money they must be spending yet still nothing seems to make her happy!!!!

Reactions: 2
I stopped following her before she had even moved house. I couldn't bear reading her moaning anymore!
What got me in the end was about 6 weeks after she had come back from a holiday to Iceland that had just been for her and her husband she was moaning about how they hadn't had a date night since the holiday!! I mean the woman moans a lot, she hasn't got a clue and it seems must have very deep pockets with the money they must be spending yet still nothing seems to make her happy!!!!
Yes I agree - I’m not finding any engaging content or inspiration coming from her and her constant moaning is a drag. Not that I don’t think IG should show all positivity etc but there needs to be a balance. I’m amazed her name hasn’t been mentioned on here before

Agreeing with all of this. I mainly follow interior/home accounts and she was one of the first accounts I followed. I unfollowed as she moved because I felt she moved purely for more content and to fill it with free tit.

I used to like this account, their old kitchen and garden were so nice. I would love to know how they’re affording to do such an enormous job whilst renting a beautiful house with 3 children and only one adult working. It must be costing an absolute fortune! I’m very envious of their position but she doesn’t seem to recognize how lucky they are.

She works too, her money comes from writing in magazines etc. There are lots of sponsored posts + they got so many pr discounts...
I still follow her but stopped looking at her stories at least bc the constant moaning about their kids but rhen she goes to moan about wanting another.... and her whole instagram turned into a promo page
I used to like this account, their old kitchen and garden were so nice. I would love to know how they’re affording to do such an enormous job whilst renting a beautiful house with 3 children and only one adult working. It must be costing an absolute fortune! I’m very envious of their position but she doesn’t seem to recognize how lucky they are.

Reactions: 1
I used to really like her but recently started to change my opinion since she moved into the new build it's been gifted gifted beg beg! The first thing that bugged me was that the first day of Cardiff going into a local lock down Reena took her family to Cornwall on a gifted trip when it was made clear that no one should be leaving the county. Today's story on the beg for Neptune curtains pushed me to come on here and see if anyone else was getting wound up with her, thank you Tattle for giving me a place to vent 😂 I thought that I was going to really like the new house, I know that she hasn't really moved in and finished it yet but I'm not that impressed each to their own 🤷🏼‍♀️ The stairs that she has done countless stories and posts about really doesn't do it for me all that concrete looks more cold than hygge.. and the colour on the walls or lack of just makes it look unfinished but that's just my opinion 🤪

I used to really like her but recently started to change my opinion since she moved into the new build it's been gifted gifted beg beg! The first thing that bugged me was that the first day of Cardiff going into a local lock down Reena took her family to Cornwall on a gifted trip when it was made clear that no one should be leaving the county. Today's story on the beg for Neptune curtains pushed me to come on here and see if anyone else was getting wound up with her, thank you Tattle for giving me a place to vent 😂 I thought that I was going to really like the new house, I know that she hasn't really moved in and finished it yet but I'm not that impressed each to their own 🤷🏼‍♀️ The stairs that she has done countless stories and posts about really doesn't do it for me all that concrete looks more cold than hygge.. and the colour on the walls or lack of just makes it look unfinished but that's just my opinion 🤪
She was saying her style is industrial mixed with hygge but even her last rental was a lot more homey than this place. It’s way too industrial. There is nothing hygge about it. I hope it all comes together a bit more when they are properly moved in etc but I hate it right now. Which is a shame because she was doing things and using stuff I liked the look of initially but the end result is just too cold for me.

I could have sworn she had a grid post up with huge oversized rattan lights asking for ‘recommendations’ where she could get some made or buy from.

Loads of comments tagging brands etc.

It’s not there now, wonder if there’s some winging their way there - *Press discount 🙄

I could have sworn she had a grid post up with huge oversized rattan lights asking for ‘recommendations’ where she could get some made or buy from.

Loads of comments tagging brands etc.

It’s not there now, wonder if there’s some winging their way there - *Press discount 🙄
I wouldn't be surprised judging by her account activity since moving into that house, it's been beg, ad, moan repeat 😏

Some influencer and interior designer she is, if she designed a house that’s not compliant with fire safety regulations and she can’t make it compliant either. 😂

Wow has she actually paid for anything in the new house!?
The latest ad/gifted/partnership with the inset fireplace, the bathroom, the windows and sliding doors, the lighting, bedding, crockery, holiday to Watergate Bay and now she has started advertising for Boden, when has she ever spoken of buying from Boden before.
I don't understand, do these smaller local companies like the companies she did collabs with for her bathroom and stairs actually make anything from partnership like this? Surely only a small percentage of her followers are from her local area and whether they would then even need or could afford these services currently. There can't be a great return for them.
What I would love to see, instead of companies throwing thousands of pounds worth of products/services at influencers who can afford it anyway, would be for them to get people to nominate people they feel deserving of help, key workers, charity workers etc and gain publicity through shares I would have much more respect for companies if they did that.

Wow has she actually paid for anything in the new house!?
The latest ad/gifted/partnership with the inset fireplace, the bathroom, the windows and sliding doors, the lighting, bedding, crockery, holiday to Watergate Bay and now she has started advertising for Boden, when has she ever spoken of buying from Boden before.
I don't understand, do these smaller local companies like the companies she did collabs with for her bathroom and stairs actually make anything from partnership like this? Surely only a small percentage of her followers are from her local area and whether they would then even need or could afford these services currently. There can't be a great return for them.
What I would love to see, instead of companies throwing thousands of pounds worth of products/services at influencers who can afford it anyway, would be for them to get people to nominate people they feel deserving of help, key workers, charity workers etc and gain publicity through shares I would have much more respect for companies if they did that.
Not everything she posts about is given to her for free. She gets lots of PR discounts etc, which means she still pays for it, but she gets things at a discounted price.
that’s a win for both her and the brand. The brand gets exposure and content and she gets stuff cheaper.
even if people can’t afford everything she posts about, if you get just one thing from her house, it was worth it for everyone. Getting a professional team to create content for brands costs a lot of money and there is a lot of stuff wasted in the end, so this is a much better alternative.
however... it is also problematic because she created yet another unrealistic and totally out of touch influencer profile. Also her new house is still horrible.
the fireplace’s placing just makes no sense whatsoever. She has nothing to do with design and I’m not even sure how she landed all her gigs, but as far as inspo goes, she definitely isn’t my go to person. And she whinges too much.

Not everything she posts about is given to her for free. She gets lots of PR discounts etc, which means she still pays for it, but she gets things at a discounted price.
that’s a win for both her and the brand. The brand gets exposure and content and she gets stuff cheaper.
even if people can’t afford everything she posts about, if you get just one thing from her house, it was worth it for everyone. Getting a professional team to create content for brands costs a lot of money and there is a lot of stuff wasted in the end, so this is a much better alternative.
however... it is also problematic because she created yet another unrealistic and totally out of touch influencer profile. Also her new house is still horrible.
the fireplace’s placing just makes no sense whatsoever. She has nothing to do with design and I’m not even sure how she landed all her gigs, but as far as inspo goes, she definitely isn’t my go to person. And she whinges too much.
Whilst I understand your point that this style of promotion is better than the alternative, I would say that promoting mass consumerism, especially in the times we are currently living in, is morally wrong.
I think that is what has turned me with her account, I'm sure she was never as bad as this before moving in the house or maybe I wasn't as aware of it but it seems to be an ad a day with her now.
She definitely unnecessarily whinges, the most recent feeling sorry for herself because she hasn't been on as many holidays this year as last year 🤦🏼‍♀️ How do these influencers get so out of touch!?

Whilst I understand your point that this style of promotion is better than the alternative, I would say that promoting mass consumerism, especially in the times we are currently living in, is morally wrong.
I think that is what has turned me with her account, I'm sure she was never as bad as this before moving in the house or maybe I wasn't as aware of it but it seems to be an ad a day with her now.
She definitely unnecessarily whinges, the most recent feeling sorry for herself because she hasn't been on as many holidays this year as last year 🤦🏼‍♀️ How do these influencers get so out of touch!?
oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t like her, and I agree, she is now just one more “influencer” who promotes whatever crap she is given.

she was ALWAYS out of touch with reality. She keeps talking about how both her and her husband had super humble beginnings, yet I never ever see her do anything that raises awareness, does anything for charity...
i do see her selling out her whole family though. Like they are on holiday and she has to post every little thing because it’s sponsored stuff. Also she does duck all around the house apparently. She was posting about how usually her husband deals with the kids in the morning but then also constantly complains about how she can’t get work done etc... she also constantly begs for stuff she wants, instead of working out legitimate deals and/or actually buy stuff and say “hey I bought xyz for full price and i’m loving it!”

oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t like her, and I agree, she is now just one more “influencer” who promotes whatever crap she is given.

she was ALWAYS out of touch with reality. She keeps talking about how both her and her husband had super humble beginnings, yet I never ever see her do anything that raises awareness, does anything for charity...
i do see her selling out her whole family though. Like they are on holiday and she has to post every little thing because it’s sponsored stuff. Also she does duck all around the house apparently. She was posting about how usually her husband deals with the kids in the morning but then also constantly complains about how she can’t get work done etc... she also constantly begs for stuff she wants, instead of working out legitimate deals and/or actually buy stuff and say “hey I bought xyz for full price and i’m loving it!”
It's very sad that her children (not just hers influencers children in general) will grow up seeing their parents getting gifted so much, they then get spoilt with so many gifted toys etc.. they will not understand the value of anything, the simple fact that generally in life if you want something you have to work and earn it.