Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
So she moans about how hard lockdown life is... and then in the SAME EXAXT story, she is asking for free advice from other designers or architects... what happened to the architects she was raving about?! Surely she can drop an email and ask her questions?! Also she is a designer who claimed to be hanging out with other designers and writing for design magazines. How come she can’t find this info? Why doesn’t she have anyone to ask? Also why is she asking for free advice? If I asked her to come and give me advice on how to decorate my home, I bet she’d ask for a small fortune.... cause she doesn’t work for free.

Reactions: 3

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Well I just lost it on her in a dm. She is so tone deaf and selfish. Complaining about how terrible it would be if her kids came in contact with someone who had covid and would have to isolate through xmas... is she for real?! This right after she posts about argos junk that looks horrible, she can’t even style properly and also dragged how her kids and husband decorated their tree. Having some insta fame definitely went to her head.

• Haha

Mitzymooface

VIP Member
Anyone else finding this account is starting to grate on them?

I’ve followed Reena for a couple of years and liked some elements of her style in the old house but just recently her obvious desire for freebies and posts about dream holidays ( which result in a gifted holiday) are really starting to make her account feel like a blatant attempt to get as much free stuff/discounts for her new house as possible. No competitions, no advice for followers ... really gone of track IMO.

dolly88

I’ve had to unfollow today. She said in her stories that one of her kids doesn’t want to take pictures anymore not even for a LOL doll which says to me she tries to bribe her kids into doing these photos which I think is awful. You shouldn’t be trying to bribe them if they say NO it’s NO. And she’s promoting a car that is £68,000 brand new......she would not buy that car if she had to pay for it. A lot of people have lost their jobs and can barely pay their rent or mortgage right now and she’s promoting this extortionately priced car. It’s so tone deaf. Anyway my rant over.

Charlotay

I could have sworn she had a grid post up with huge oversized rattan lights asking for ‘recommendations’ where she could get some made or buy from.

Loads of comments tagging brands etc.

It’s not there now, wonder if there’s some winging their way there - *Press discount 🙄

Reactions: 2

chizzle

I stopped following her before she had even moved house. I couldn't bear reading her moaning anymore!
What got me in the end was about 6 weeks after she had come back from a holiday to Iceland that had just been for her and her husband she was moaning about how they hadn't had a date night since the holiday!! I mean the woman moans a lot, she hasn't got a clue and it seems must have very deep pockets with the money they must be spending yet still nothing seems to make her happy!!!!

Theninth

She has been so completely tone deaf throughout the pandemic. Constantly moaning about the most trivial of things.
I understand working from home and homeschooling is difficult but she took on an ad a day before Christmas, that's without all of the sponsored/gifted posts.
Each to their own but I can't understand why they put their children into a Welsh language school. As a Welsh native myself I really don’t see that speaking Welsh has any additional benefits these days, In South Wales the large majority of people speak English as their first and only language. The first language English schools teach Welsh as a subject anyway but the other subjects are taught in English for families who don't speak first language Welsh. Pandemic aside surely as a non Welsh speaker she would have always been faced with problem of not being able to help with their homework it doesn't make sense 🤷‍♀️
The latest woe is me post making out she has had it tough because she didn't get to drive her freebie rental around Wales for the past month shows how completely out of touch she is 🙄

LinaG

Oh my, another home account I’ve had to unfollow! But HFH really takes the crown for being the most spoilt, unlikeable and completely tone deaf person on insta. She probably hasn’t paid a thing towards that new house, gets to be at home for her kids 24/7 and obviously pays for people to style and create content for her. And the whole moaning thing about sending her kids to a Welsh school?! I bet she only got the dog for content to. Another person on here who expects everything and cries and throws her toys out of the pram when she doesn’t get it. Can’t stand her.

Bore Off

Agreeing with all of this. I mainly follow interior/home accounts and she was one of the first accounts I followed. I unfollowed as she moved because I felt she moved purely for more content and to fill it with free shit.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Influencers using their kids for content should be illegal. The kids don’t get anything for it and these people make a ton of money. Imagine when those kids grow up to be old enough to see content about themselves....
I’ve had to unfollow today. She said in her stories that one of her kids doesn’t want to take pictures anymore not even for a LOL doll which says to me she tries to bribe her kids into doing these photos which I think is awful. You shouldn’t be trying to bribe them if they say NO it’s NO. And she’s promoting a car that is £68,000 brand new......she would not buy that car if she had to pay for it. A lot of people have lost their jobs and can barely pay their rent or mortgage right now and she’s promoting this extortionately priced car. It’s so tone deaf. Anyway my rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

dolly88

i told her in a dm that she really doesn’t know how good she had it and then she went off on me about how many problems she didn’t talk about. And I was like.... lady, maybe if you did mention some actual real life, you wouldn’t be criticised. Like don’t share everything but cmon.
She always wants to be so extra and I swear she does things just to make her own life more difficult. She did this during their building project too. She chose things that were hard to get or she didn’t even know who can do it and then she was begging on IG for freebies, disguised as recommendations. She really did forget those humble beginnings she keeps bringing up.

Don’t we all have problems we don’t talk about? Why does she thinks she’s the only one. These people have chosen to put their lives on social media in exchange for money and exposure and then complain when people have opinions. People will always have opinions so if you can’t hack it ‘influencing’ is probably not for you.
She comes across as completely ungrateful. She is so so fortunate and she just moans about stupid things and I very rarely see her do anything charitable.

@Theninth I’m also a Welsh Native and I can speak Welsh and I wouldn’t send my children to a Welsh school. I have a few friends (who don’t speak Welsh) who spoke to their kids in English until they sent them off to a Welsh school and their children are massively behind and they can’t help them catch up at all. They’ve set them up to fail. I feel like there is still this snobby misconception that Welsh schools are better but English speaking schools always out perform Welsh schools where it matters. If you live in Cardiff like Reena there are only a few parts like Pontcanna, Llandaff and Canton that people actively speak Welsh. It doesn’t really put you a step ahead to get a job either because most employers in Wales offer a short course in Welsh anyway which is all you need for the majority of jobs.

lookodisdain

Was mildly interesting when it was about the house renovation, now it’s just videos of her lighting candles and smiling awkwardly

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Some influencer and interior designer she is, if she designed a house that’s not compliant with fire safety regulations and she can’t make it compliant either. 😂

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
She has been so completely tone deaf throughout the pandemic. Constantly moaning about the most trivial of things.
I understand working from home and homeschooling is difficult but she took on an ad a day before Christmas, that's without all of the sponsored/gifted posts.
Each to their own but I can't understand why they put their children into a Welsh language school. As a Welsh native myself I really don’t see that speaking Welsh has any additional benefits these days, In South Wales the large majority of people speak English as their first and only language. The first language English schools teach Welsh as a subject anyway but the other subjects are taught in English for families who don't speak first language Welsh. Pandemic aside surely as a non Welsh speaker she would have always been faced with problem of not being able to help with their homework it doesn't make sense 🤷‍♀️
The latest woe is me post making out she has had it tough because she didn't get to drive her freebie rental around Wales for the past month shows how completely out of touch she is 🙄
i told her in a dm that she really doesn’t know how good she had it and then she went off on me about how many problems she didn’t talk about. And I was like.... lady, maybe if you did mention some actual real life, you wouldn’t be criticised. Like don’t share everything but cmon.
She always wants to be so extra and I swear she does things just to make her own life more difficult. She did this during their building project too. She chose things that were hard to get or she didn’t even know who can do it and then she was begging on IG for freebies, disguised as recommendations. She really did forget those humble beginnings she keeps bringing up.

• Heart

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
She works too, her money comes from writing in magazines etc. There are lots of sponsored posts + they got so many pr discounts...
I still follow her but stopped looking at her stories at least bc the constant moaning about their kids but rhen she goes to moan about wanting another.... and her whole instagram turned into a promo page
I used to like this account, their old kitchen and garden were so nice. I would love to know how they’re affording to do such an enormous job whilst renting a beautiful house with 3 children and only one adult working. It must be costing an absolute fortune! I’m very envious of their position but she doesn’t seem to recognize how lucky they are.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
I thought they had a mega freebie outdoor set from Cox and Cox, what’s happened to that? She did say she’d brought in Victoria Wade to plan and design the garden - I wonder if that is still on the cards.

It must be exhausting having to approach companies for freebies/ads all the time. No wonder everything takes such a long time.
I don’t follow her anymore , just look at her account sometimes, hoping she went back to being a decent human being and having good content lol.
I remember her talking about the garden and if memory serves me right that was last year… it’s now the end of August and if they haven’t even started work on it, I think that either fell through or they had to postpone it for whatever reason.

Theninth

oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t like her, and I agree, she is now just one more “influencer” who promotes whatever crap she is given.

she was ALWAYS out of touch with reality. She keeps talking about how both her and her husband had super humble beginnings, yet I never ever see her do anything that raises awareness, does anything for charity...
i do see her selling out her whole family though. Like they are on holiday and she has to post every little thing because it’s sponsored stuff. Also she does fuck all around the house apparently. She was posting about how usually her husband deals with the kids in the morning but then also constantly complains about how she can’t get work done etc... she also constantly begs for stuff she wants, instead of working out legitimate deals and/or actually buy stuff and say “hey I bought xyz for full price and i’m loving it!”
It's very sad that her children (not just hers influencers children in general) will grow up seeing their parents getting gifted so much, they then get spoilt with so many gifted toys etc.. they will not understand the value of anything, the simple fact that generally in life if you want something you have to work and earn it.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Whilst I understand your point that this style of promotion is better than the alternative, I would say that promoting mass consumerism, especially in the times we are currently living in, is morally wrong.
I think that is what has turned me with her account, I'm sure she was never as bad as this before moving in the house or maybe I wasn't as aware of it but it seems to be an ad a day with her now.
She definitely unnecessarily whinges, the most recent feeling sorry for herself because she hasn't been on as many holidays this year as last year 🤦🏼‍♀️ How do these influencers get so out of touch!?
oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t like her, and I agree, she is now just one more “influencer” who promotes whatever crap she is given.

she was ALWAYS out of touch with reality. She keeps talking about how both her and her husband had super humble beginnings, yet I never ever see her do anything that raises awareness, does anything for charity...
i do see her selling out her whole family though. Like they are on holiday and she has to post every little thing because it’s sponsored stuff. Also she does fuck all around the house apparently. She was posting about how usually her husband deals with the kids in the morning but then also constantly complains about how she can’t get work done etc... she also constantly begs for stuff she wants, instead of working out legitimate deals and/or actually buy stuff and say “hey I bought xyz for full price and i’m loving it!”