Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He must have had a whole new wardrobe back then.

The Mohawk comments made me laugh. That was a very close crop indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I would love to see Huw actually do Strictly (sorry ). Imagine his facial expressions, it would be so entertaining.

Reactions: 5
It would be and he would LOVE it, no doubt.
---
Actually, in the typical UK celeb redemption tradition (the jungle, Big Brother, Strictly, etc), his best shot at any media thing right now probably is light entertainment. Which I wonder if that wasn’t something he secretly actually was quite keen on. I understand that it wouldn’t have been compatible with his news job but now that he most likely doesn’t have that job, do we think he’ll go for it (if offered)?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

I think he might? It would be a good way of getting back into the public eye and into people’s good books again while also reinventing/relaunching himself. He would probably have to make some sort of statement beforehand though to be “accepted” again (), because most people are probably going to feel like they need an explanation of some sort.

I was watching Strictly last night and the Channel 4 newsreader taking part made me think of Huw.

Reactions: 2
Huw could do Strictly in a pair of leather chaps. Making sure everyone gets a view of his pert arse.

Reactions: 10
Former House Speaker John Bercow is doing The Traitors in the US. Ledge!

The other obvious route to claw your way back to relevance is a podcast (preferable with Gary Lineker’s Goalhanger podcasts) but from what I’ve heard him say, Huw dislikes podcasts. Hmph.

Reactions: 1
I'm from the Llanelli area and have some intel from a school friend of HE that he's currently home with his mum and apparently has been for a few weeks now, and the cherry on the cake is he wants to go back to reading the news.
well well well, a man can dream

Reactions: 19
I wonder if he’s separated from his wife if he’s staying with his mum? I’m surprised he hasn‘t been seen in public yet, but then maybe the press are scared to publish anything because of his mental health. I suppose compared with Brand and to a lesser Schofield, he’s just been an idiot rather than an out and out perve, but how can anyone ever take him seriously reading the news and presenting important national event again when we’ve all seen his backside?

Reactions: 10
I dunno, can you imagine him sitting in his mum’s lounge twiddling his thumbs and not going on social media? Not liking any post, not following or unfollowing people? Not making a Threads account. Also, apparently not going outside because he’s not been spotted anywhere. The total blackout makes me think his devices “have been taken away”, i.e. he’s in treatment somewhere.

To be honest I don't think it's impossible when he's well enough. Probably not in as high profile a role, though, and not necessarily for the BBC.

Reactions: 3
Hey (kinda) neighbour!
I bloody KNEW he’d be back there. I’d have bet my absolute last penny on it.

I’ve said it before but I really hope his mum has been shielded from the more salacious (and ridiculous) allegations about Huw that are floating about, i.e., the stupid pea-dough accusations.

Unless he can prove or even just argue that the photo was faked…or that it was an online GP consultation that was mysteriously hacked. 🫣

Is it possible he is still being advised by AC not to go near his own social media until the BBC’s investigation has been concluded, and/or he releases his own statement? I agree though that if he was out, then surely SOMEONE would have seen him…unless he’s been in heavy disguise.

Reactions: 1