Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ditto Richard Bacon

The thing is that news and current affairs presenters or journalists or children's TV staff at the BBC are *meant to be* the squeaky clean face of the BBC and the British Govt and the reputation of UK politics and the Royal Family around the globe. This is why HE is a 100% already a goner.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're also going to find out he's been dabbling too.

In my experience, there used to be people in other positions and especially in Light Entertainment (read Eastenders) who when it came to attention they were struggling with substances would be either requested to go to treatment or given time out to sort themselves out.
---

There's a fairly cohesive 'de-fund the BBC' activism movement in the UK these days. There's all sorts of types of people who support it. So, they'll be making sure this story doesn't just fade away.
That’s another reason I’m fuming at Huw. The damage he’s caused others aside…

he’s given naysayers another stick with which to beat the BBC.

I don’t doubt it’s full of entitled rich white men at the top and could do with a real culture shift… but I don’t want it to be defunded. And this really adds fuel to that particular fire
---
I'm just gonna put this out there. This might sound totally insane but I'd like to see Huw come back and explain it all. Call me nosey, dirty or whatnot but I'm still very curious and interested in how a married father of 5 becomes interested in young men in his 60s - if that is the case.

Huw could be candid and put the B into LGBTQIA+ through a series of well publicised programmes on the BBC. They would love that! Maybe we could hear his wife's side of the story as well. Are they 60s swingers?

I'd love an open confession and a comeback. George Michael turned it around when he was caught begging for cock in an LA toilet. Couldn't Huw do something similar? After all, we've been told that nothing illegal occurred.

Discuss.
I personally don’t want a dirty old man taking advantage of those more vulnerable than him for his own sexual gratification.. to be given a platform. He doesn’t need to defend himself, most British journalists are rally round him already. He’s had all sort of defences in his favour and he hasn’t had to utter a word. This thread alone has cast him as a poor older man, manipulated by the evil teen, through to him potentially having Alzheimer’s and losing his inhibitions. It’s insane.

if there is anyone who should be given a platform, it’s the young man he exploited.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I was thinking, wasn't Frank Bough sacked and pilloried the the press? For his behaviour with other adults? How come the bbc were so quick to remove him yet are not with HE.
I think there was a great deal more to the Frank Bough story. There were the stories of the orgies and cocaine use and things like that which went against his Fatherly persona on TV. People were gobsmacked at the time. However, back then, female equality at the BBC was unheard of. Women were there to be pretty and do as they were told on such programmes as his. Selena Scott has been very vocal about it, Frank made her life a misery. She would be forced to “perform” when the camera was running. One time she was forced to kiss Jimmy Saville, who was pawing her, encouraged by Bough. She reported that she felt physically sick. But to go against him would have meant losing her job. I daresay the other women on the programme would be in the same position. Perhaps the scandal in the papers was the chance for the BBC to get rid of him, because being sexist and A bully would not have been sufficient grounds.
---
Then a high profile presenter shouldn't put himself in that position of "potential blackmail".
As the awful Emily Maitlis said, and I agree, 'if you don't want to be the story, don't become the story'
Couldn’t agree with you more, at best he is a total fool throwing everything away to sate his appetite.
---
Perhaps he should've just stayed loyal to his wife then wouldn't even be here.
If everyone who was disloyal to their partner were talked about about on the media, there would be very few people left to read their stories. 😂
---
I’m facepalming so much I’m in pain
I know the feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I think you are probably right! It wouldn't surprise me if one of those super injunctions has been prepared and is in the pipeline so the whole thing can be suppressed from anyone reporting further on it.

That wouldn't surprise me at all!

#richmensproblems.
It could happen. Or the fact that HE may never be deemed “fit” enough (whether genuine or not) to give a statement, so we may never hear from him.
---
Ditto Richard Bacon

The thing is that news and current affairs presenters or journalists or children's TV staff at the BBC are *meant to be* the squeaky clean face of the BBC and the British Govt and the reputation of UK politics and the Royal Family around the globe. This is why HE is a 100% already a goner.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're also going to find out he's been dabbling too.

In my experience, there used to be people in other positions and especially in Light Entertainment (read Eastenders) who when it came to attention they were struggling with substances would be either requested to go to treatment or given time out to sort themselves out.
---

There's a fairly cohesive 'de-fund the BBC' activism movement in the UK these days. There's all sorts of types of people who support it. So, they'll be making sure this story doesn't just fade away.

The story itself probably won’t fade but I can honestly see HE riding off to retirement to some sunny spot abroad, without ever personally addressing this. Unless it’s found that he actually has done something illegal and then he really HAS to address it. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Is Coulson the right man to be advising HE?

C967F15C-9E9A-4C23-BEA8-188749699640.jpeg

046A622D-BC2D-4167-8612-C8781016BDE2.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
A gay man trapped in a heterosexual marriage is likely to be depressed , that much is obvious .
But he wasn't trapped. He could have left. His wife wasn't the aggressor in this situation, she didn't MAKE him marry her or pretend to be attracted to her. He lied to her. He could have left her, just like millions of people leave partners they aren't happy with. That marriage was a choice he made, and continued to make every day for decades.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
But he wasn't trapped. He could have left. His wife wasn't the aggressor in this situation, she didn't MAKE him marry her or pretend to be attracted to her. He lied to her. He could have left her, just like millions of people leave partners they aren't happy with. That marriage was a choice he made, and continued to make every day for decades.
We don’t know what was going on in their marriage. It could well be that his wife in fact did know and they’d decided mutually to stay together due to their jobs and neither wanting to harm that. Equally could be because they wanted to stay as a family unit for their children. It may well be that she said she didn’t want him dating anyone they knew and that’s why he turned online in the first place.

Equally she may not have known a thing. We have literally no idea.

Reactions: 8
We don’t know what was going on in their marriage. It could well be that his wife in fact did know and they’d decided mutually to stay together due to their jobs and neither wanting to harm that. Equally could be because they wanted to stay as a family unit for their children. It may well be that she said she didn’t want him dating anyone they knew and that’s why he turned online in the first place.

Very awkward if he has any teenage sons.

I assume his wife must know by now what went on and what the gender is / are of these 'young people' making allegations. I also imagine at some point his 5 children will have asked WTF is going on, as well. There must have been so many questions.

Reactions: 8
I feel that his adult children are the real victims in all this. They've lost a father figure. Who knows what sort of a father he was but at least his private activities were not out in the open for everyone to talk about.

Reactions: 12

I never said that she didn't know what was going on, I have maintained all through this that it's *possible* that she was ok with him messaging young men or buying pictures. I was responding to the word "trapped". He was not trapped, he was not a helpless victim in his marriage, he could have left. Let's not imply that he was a helpless victim of his wife. Whenever there is a case like this, discourse seems to eventually end up at "Maybe he was bad, but the woman stood next to him was worse!"

I could have phrased the "He lied to her" bit better: I've not been able to keep up with these threads, so now I'm seeing a lot of "he's gay" posts, so I thought that might have been confirmed (instead of that he's into his wife, but also into young men). I should say that *if it was the case that he was depressed because of being in a marriage with a woman* he should have been honest and got out of there, rather than continuing the lie of being happy in the marriage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Very awkward if he has any teenage sons.

I assume his wife must know by now what went on and what the gender is / are of these 'young people' making allegations. I also imagine at some point his 5 children will have asked WTF is going on, as well. There must have been so many questions.
He only has daughters I think. The youngest is eighteen.

Reactions: 1
I thought he has one son called Amos according to previous posts on this thread? That’s the only child I’ve seen named so it stuck in my mind
Im sure the press have been reporting he has daughters, some say four others five.

An expert, dare I say, reluctantly and unexpectedly? 🤭
Very unexpectedly! I never watched the news, never cared at all about HE. And yet here we are. I guess it just feels a bit like an HBO show with all its’ twists and turns and I’m eagerly awaiting the ‘second’ season. 🫣

Reactions: 4
Very unexpectedly! I never watched the news, never cared at all about HE. And yet here we are. I guess it just feels a bit like an HBO show with all its’ twists and turns and I’m eagerly awaiting the ‘second’ season. 🫣
Saaaame. I have a tendency to get hyper focussed on things and this has totally engaged me and now I want to know what happens next!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.