Hunters & Heels #6 Buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, this is a really random complaint but I don’t know what it is about Lauren’s videos/Reels but they give me the creeps. Like they make my flesh actually crawl. I can’t work out if it’s the slo mo stuff when she holds the products up to the camera, or the weird side eye when doing make up application but it gets me every time. It’s not just the make up ones either. Can anyone else identify and / or perhaps put it into words better than me?

Reactions: 13
So, this is a really random complaint but I don’t know what it is about Lauren’s videos/Reels but they give me the creeps. Like they make my flesh actually crawl. I can’t work out if it’s the slo mo stuff when she holds the products up to the camera, or the weird side eye when doing make up application but it gets me every time. It’s not just the make up ones either. Can anyone else identify and / or perhaps put it into words better than me?
I know exactly what you mean. She gives me the proper ICK!

Reactions: 6
Totally gives me the ick. For me, I think it’s her creepy, sickly sweet, false voice.

Reactions: 14
For me it's the attempts at being model-like: the hair swishing, the sashaying walk in high heels (anyone remember that video she filmed not long ago at Daylesford, where she was hip-wiggling around the garden veg in five inch spikes?!), the plastered-on-for-the-camera smiling, and the watch-me-having-the-LUSHEST-time laughter. None of it quite rings true for me, and I find myself imagining the time and effort it must have taken to dress the set rather than wishing I was her (which is presumably the aim).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
For me it's the attempts at being model-like: the hair swishing, the sashaying walk in high heels (anyone remember that video she filmed not long ago at Daylesford, where she was hip-wiggling around the garden veg in five inch spikes?!), the plastered-on-for-the-camera smiling, and the watch-me-having-the-LUSHEST-time laughter. None of it quite rings true for me, and I find myself imagining the time and effort it must have taken to dress the set rather than wishing I was her (which is presumably the aim).
Same here - it’s so fake! And the way she uses her little boys too and gushes over Col 🙈

Reactions: 10
Her ego mania appears to reaching new heights. God I could smack her smug face 😡
She’s all fur and no knickers. She couldn’t afford to buy all the freebies she receives. She lives a fake lifestyle behind that fake gurning smile of hers. And that recent ad where she’s modelling the jumpers is so cringe and the jumpers make her look so frumpy and old. She wants to be a Rosie Londoner - but instead she’s married to car salesman Col living in a rented cottage, and not a film producer living in various homes around the world. She is beyond ridiculous!

Reactions: 11
She’s all fur and no knickers. She couldn’t afford to buy all the freebies she receives. She lives a fake lifestyle behind that fake gurning smile of hers. And that recent ad where she’s modelling the jumpers is so cringe and the jumpers make her look so frumpy and old. She wants to be a Rosie Londoner - but instead she’s married to car salesman Col living in a rented cottage, and not a film producer living in various homes around the world. She is beyond ridiculous!
This.
They don’t really have anything.
She won’t even let him use his Skoda discount (the horror!!).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A388098D-B8EB-41C0-A7AD-26F45A188F3D.jpeg

Dont worry Laur, your kids will have P L E N T Y of photos of you all to look back on!! So many special family memories splashed onto the internet forever. Sweet.

Reactions: 15
Shes a hypocrite in regards to that quote. Bet she's preening, hair done, makeup, outfit change and matching clothes, egg yolks on avo toastt before she'll even let a camera swing in her direction.

Reactions: 17
View attachment 1131445
Dont worry Laur, your kids will have P L E N T Y of photos of you all to look back on!! So many special family memories splashed onto the internet forever. Sweet.
Omg this quote so doesn’t apply to her! Out of all the quotes she puts that one out. Does she really think this will make her relatable?

My phone is full of photos of my children, my husband with children, our dog and nature or random shots notices related to school events or opening times.
No one takes photos of me, not because I don’t want them to but my husband never bothers and any family / friends events , I’m always the one taking photos of others.

Lauren has rolls and rolls of herself. She literally hasn’t got that problem! I’m sure Col and children are taking plenty of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I sometimes wonder what her life would be/look like if she didn’t have all the freebies and discounts and whether she’d be quite so smug. She definitely thinks her influencer status makes her better than us mere mortals! 😆

Reactions: 6
I sometimes wonder what her life would be/look like if she didn’t have all the freebies and discounts and whether she’d be quite so smug. She definitely thinks her influencer status makes her better than us mere mortals! 😆
She would just be working for Bobbi Brown liked she used to and not in a £600 per night cottage at The Wild Rabbit 😂😂

Reactions: 8
Of course Lauren got a free spa visit for her mum birthday. She must have spent time calling all contacts and brands to see which one was stupid enough to give her something for free. Imagine living your life like that. Rather than actually booking it and paying to treat your mum yourself! I also felt that her stories showing where they were staying felt like an AD. I hope she paid for that herself this time.

I do find Lauren and her morals quite disgusting. I still think Col is more like a father figure to her. Anyone else fed up of Daylesford yet? Wouldn’t touch that brand if you paid me. She’s tainted it with her sickly sweet videos and posts - grabby mare she is. Those poor young boys are being raised like old men. She absolutely uses them to fit in with her IG aesthetics.

Reactions: 14
I live really close to Daylesford, when it first opened it was a lovely place to just nip over to for a quick brunch on a Sunday, pick up some cheese and head home. Now, its influencer central and I rarely go. There are 100s of Lauren's sashaying around with their air of entitlement, smug grins etc. knowing full well that the candle they are about to purchase will go in to a carefully curated scene on the gram in the hope they are spotted. The car park is full of expensive cars and 4x4s, although generally, the people that are snapping away are the ones that don't have an expensive car because they'd actually have to pay for that themselves rather just expect something gifted. It has basically become a playground for those that wish they belonged to Soho House but don't want to pay for the membership!

The whole culture just seems sad. Don't get me wrong, I like to take take pictures, but I don't want to gain anything from it. I have been offered 'gifts' etc but I just want to post things I love. For Lauren everything is about the next Ad, everything is contrived and curated, how can it be fun? Something simple like baking a cake with your child needs to be filmed, family holidays are for everyone to see because she's too tight to pay for it herself. The fact that the boys lives are open for the world to see can lead them to be bullied at school later on, Mum's talking about how self obsessed their mother is and their children hearing and passing it on. She's really left herself and them wide open to ridicule. Is that really a way to live?

Sorry this is so long, I just sorta lost myself in thought! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.