Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
So a close relative is getting married next year. I’m part of the wedding and planning the hen do etc. Problem is the bride, she’s being VERY demanding.

She WANTS (it’s all I want this, I want that) two hen dos. One is a smaller group of us going to a spa for the day then dinner and staying in the hotel. Then a few weeks later would be the second one, which is a bigger group all going out for the day (she WANTS an activity planned too, oh and a stripper) with a night out and us all staying in a hotel or apartments.

She also wants me to stay at the hotel for 3 nights, the night before the wedding, the day of the wedding, then wants a big bbq style party at the hotel the next day too so that‘s likely a third night.

not to mention all the additional costs of petrol, drinks, outfits, dog boarding while we’re all away for the wedding etc. That bit probably sounds petty but when you start to count up everything else all costs need to be considered.

I feel this is all a bit much. I had one hen night and one wedding day. That’s it. I don’t have the money for any of this so will have to save anyway but I feel like this is going to cost a fortune that we just don’t have.

am I being a total bitch here or what do you all think?
You are not being a total bitch. She can want all she wants but she’s an adult and can’t stamp her feet and demand something. A wedding is about two people exchanging vows to each other and costs £500 for a registrar. Whoever decided we needed owls bringing rings down the aisle, cakes taller than us cut with sabers and doves released at the end needs to be dipped in jam and rolled in an anthill.

Same with bridezillas and hen dos. Who has two? When did have to be a week in Ibiza or a whole day of activities and dinners? I look at groups of girls wearing sashes out for the night and I cringe, it’s horrendous.

Tell her if she wants all that she can pay for it. If she’s a good friend she’ll listen and take it on board. If she doesn’t, you’re better off without her