How to deal with demanding bride.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am fine with the makeup she has chose as like you said, it’s soft glam, just I’m peeved off at the fact I have to pay for it along with everything else. I have explained to her that I could do my own makeup, I have heels from previous weddings but it’s not what she wants. She wants us to have our hair down with pearls scattered on one side, I suffer with alopecia really bad on the top of my head, which would be very visible if I went with the hairstyle she’s chosen, I have tried asking/showing her pictures of hairstyles that are not only similar to her chosen one but also beneficial for my alopecia but she’s having none of it and told me that I should buy those hair root touch up sprays, which yet again I can not use as my alopecia is bad and my doctor as not recommend it due to the severity.

I am also a recently widowed single mother, juggling 2 jobs and 2 children, so as you could imagine it’s really not easy affording everything when I do not have a say or can’t switch things up for a cheaper alternative.
when my sister asked me to be her Maid of honour, she made it very clear that she would be paying for everything bar the shoes as it’s her wedding and if she wants us to look a certain way then she would be happy to fit the bill! This was up until she realised everything she wants for her dream wedding isn’t cheap, the wedding is now on a tight budget so now she’s wanting us to pay, although it’s still the same items she was willing to pay for.
I'm so really sorry for your loss!

It's super cheeky of her to offer to pay and change her mind when she sees how expensive everything is 😱 And don't get me started on the root spray for alopecia...
Would you consider pulling out of the bridal party? Saying that as she knows, it's a lot money and your circumstances mean that you simply cannot afford it atm. I'm a bit baffled she's expecting all this from you to be honest! Hopefully this might be a wake-up call for her and she will stop being so demanding... And if not, well, at least you won't have to spend all of that money!

Honestly, it sounds like she is losing sight of what a wedding is all about! She should be excited at the prospect of having her sister next to her as she marries the love of her life, not stressing about what hairstyles will get her the most likes on Instagram...

• Heart
Reactions: 2